Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashviniv thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Arpita is it too early to ask when the next update would be 😉

Duck my head and finds shelter to hide from tomatoes. But tomatoes are so costly so it's worth it

Edited by Ashviniv - 1 years ago
Mirchi23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Next update pls dear

Mpuse thumbnail

Gosh!

I've been holding off from checking for updates. I kept telling myself "If it's there, I'll find it whenever I do eventually check. It sound ridiculous, but I feel kinda rewarded for my uncharacteristic display of not being obsessive.

This is perhaps (I stand to be corrected) the only fully rounded chapter, where past and present events are unfolding before us at the same time.

And how beautifully (if not tragically) they unfold.

As I was reading Payal's version of events past, I could tell that it was all leading how it unfolded presently. I was like "Payal is gonna do what Khushi and Akash didn't" and, oh... did she not...❤️

Even with Akash's story. I could tell Vidit would somehow be the bald man in that story.

The point is, even though I feel childishly rewarded for guessing sometwhat correctly, no part of me would have prepared me for how it was all executed.

It's been a while since I encountered a story that tested the range of my emotions, from the most dramatic to the calm and composed. I can see myself re-reading this as sit in a nice quiet spot, listening to the sound of pages flipping and the accompanying book smell, with the occasional sip of tea.

It's THAT good.👏

coderlady thumbnail

The bird reached out to the bald man thinking he might have gone through the same pain. But there is no telling whether the bald man actually shared anything. The man did achieve one purpose though. The bird talked. It must have made the merchant feel even worse. He can never get over the guilt of what he did.

Here, Khushi and Vidit truly do share the same pain. This bald man has the capacity to listen and offer support.

Arnav realizes that like the merchant, no matter what he does now to undo the damage, there is no way to do it. The helplessness that he feels now is just as painful as what Khushi is going through. He can only stand back and let things unfold, and hope that someday he will be forgiven.

I just hope he will wait till she gets her wings and then swoop in to fight for her. Show her what she means to him.

I am hoping they will find their way back to each other.

Mirchi23 thumbnail

Next part pls soon dear

ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hi Arpita. One question I want to ask as Aman already have the evidence that Lavanya is not pregnant but Arnav hasn’t confronted her yet. .. Will Lavanya still play pregnancy card or she got some inkling of Arnav’s mood. Lovely story.

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Will be eagerly waiting for next update.

Khushifan11 thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

coderlady thumbnail

Originally posted by: ranogill

Hi Arpita. One question I want to ask as Aman already have the evidence that Lavanya is not pregnant but Arnav hasn’t confronted her yet. .. Will Lavanya still play pregnancy card or she got some inkling of Arnav’s mood. Lovely story.

Did not think of this angle, but you have a point here. Lavanya and Manali do not know what he has found out. He never told them directly. They might get it into their heads to try it in case they can get somewhere with that. Especially now with Lavanya getting dropped from the movies.

penny25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Wow, what a story and what a writer.

I just can't word how impressive your story is and how immersive this whole experience has been for me to read.

This story is everything you want to read, but you rarely are able to find such gems that cover every dimension with the equity it deserves.

Your arnav and khushi are what great protagonists are made of. This whole piece of work is pure agony and devastation and you make sure your readers feel every inch of it.

I started this story, hesitatingly, thinking it was still a WIP. But, I just had to read it after you delivered a dynamite prologue and the blasts have only grown in proportion with each chapter.

Your Akash, his story reminds me of the Saroo Brieley. He is the best man a person could ask for themselves as a friend. They way he has stood beside Arnav since he learnt about his biggest mistake. Unforgiving but still standing by his side. Coz, this man knows what it means to be a true friend. To accept them even when they shouldn't be accepted. Because otherwise, who will look out for people like arnav who though beyond redemeption, still need a chance at it. and, need people to fall back on when there was pure darkness ahead. yes, akash is loyal to a fault. but, isn't that what friendship should be about. Conflicting but that it is what it means to be 'my person' and the one with whom you bury the body. you share the blame. But, payal is also right. akash has romanticizde arnav's struggle. maybe because he see he is drowning. but, at the same time - has he seen khushi? truly for what she is going through. because then he might just rightfully punch arnav for what he did.

Payal. Your payal is one my most favourite payal. she is purest of them all. she knows and appreciates people for their true worth. she knows who to value and how to value them. the way she has grown to become a shield for khushi, her loyalty for arnav, her unflinching adoration for the couple and unrelentingly defense of that love is what makes her the perfect supporting character. through her story you also have mainstreamed a reality people easily deny - post partum. and, you have normalized it. you have shown the struggle, and dealt it with the maturity and practicality it deserves. I commend payal so much. I stand by her. She needs to keep khushi with herself. I cant wait to see how khushi and payal deal with this surfaced truth. how it is acknowledged and what khushi will say about her reasoning for hiding the truth. but i understand khushi. her insecurities will project in a way where she can't separate payal the elder sister to payal, arnav's best friend. khushi wouldn't claim any right on payal because in her reality, how can she? payal is just another reminder of her own lack of personality and bearings. I cant wait to see how this friendship progresses and how arnav and payal work out. but yes, payal and akash do have some talking to. because yes, it is a question of morals. how could he stand there and continue defending arnav. continue safeguarding his interests. this male friendship, is a bit problematic realistically. true, but problematic. loyal to a fault, always comes at a prize.

lavayna. what a curveball her story has turned out to be. a one-sided blind devotion turned into a pure-self driven obsession. vanity and utter lack of emotional depth, coupled with her agent's monocoddling, has spoiled her beyond redemption. her mental illness and obsession with arnav speaks of dangers we are yet to see. what started out as pity appreciation for a one-sided affair has now moved towards a abject disliking for everything that she stands for. her inner bred narcissicism is her downfall and it is making me wonder to what extent has the real lavanya disappeared. if she is just a shadow of a self long disappeared by her manager. if the puppet is all that is left. lavanya, poor girl. you need to check into therapy and save yourself a life time filled with regrets.

vidit. what a breathe of fresh air. he seems like a person who would finally see and relate to khushi. he would be the anchor she is desperately looking for. and, maybe she could be his. i am not sure where there story is going to go but i do feel, these two soul need each other and they understand each other on a level where arnav might never reach. arnav, the parabel is just a ill timed teaser. picture toh abhi shuru hui hai ;'). but, this is not a competition. this is about understanding. i cant wait for this friendship to find a grounding. vidit is what arnav was afraid he could never be. and, now let's see how this actually shapes up. it is definitely turning things to the next level.

the whole shyam chapter is something that gave me so much anxiety that i had to set your story aside for a while. because your writing was a cruel reminder of the reality so many women are living. it is all a house of cards. one snap and we could easily lose it. [handmaid's tale, much?] but, yes. shyam, his audaciousness, his sorry veneer. it made me so uncomfortable and. i can't understand the desperation a parent must feel that choosing him as an option seems like salvation. it just made me sick. a reality women have to live with. this glamorization of non-consensual is a price many had to pay in real life. trust me, i would be the guilty party. so many scenes of arnav khushi now make me flinch, 11 years later. how did we allow this to be right. but, anyways, we have grown. thankful for highlighting this twist of fate, overshadowing it and reminding us our most prized possession - our agency. praying every single day, one more women finally finds hers. and grateful every day for the ones who live with it.

Will come back with arnav and khushi. im afraid this might not get published.

Edited by penny25 - 1 years ago