Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: creativebird

Hi Arpita,

Continue to be a silent reader any further feels dishonor to your commendable writing : ‘Resurgence’. I have been a silent reader all through the story. It’s me who rarely judge characters, story or writer midway so pardon the silence. But the journey of Resurgence has reached to a point that it finally broke my patience. Credit is all yours!

Splendid characters and marvelous story telling are capable of captivating readers mind and soul. Each character is written with so precision despite of time lapse. Not once your characters slip out of their own skin. Arnav and Khushi are both flawed characters in their own ways in contrast to perfectly crafted Akash and Payal. You have weaved the magic of words to make me feel a poignant pain of betrayal, worthlessness and insecurities of Khushi as well as traumatizing regret, self-disgust and helplessness of Arnav. Their fairytale love-story/relationship is rarely heard of in arrange marriages. Time lapse is not an easy challenge to deal with but you nailed it. The past and present has been interlinked seamlessly to feel the rise and fall of characters and their relationships. Be it Arnav and Khushi’s love, Arnav and Akash’s brotherhood, Arnav and Payal’s friendship, Payal and Khushi’s sisterhood, or Akash and Payal’s wisdom all blossomed through those narratives. The metaphors you have used in the story were my delight as a reader. Who could have imagined that the kids fable topped with Akash’s wisdom would be the reality of Arnav’s life ten years down the road….

This story made me pause and think many times: Whose pain I sympathize most with? Khushi who has devoted her whole life and love to Arnav and felt betrayed in return or Arnav who loved with equal passion, committed a grave mistake, and bearing the guilt of being the reason of the pain to his loved one. Irony of the story, they are the inseparable sides of the coin. Not able to face each other but can not have existence without other. How to choose one?

Khushi has Arnav to blame for all of her pain and misery. She may not forget but she has a choice to forgive and make Arnav guilt free.

On other hand living with the knowledge of ruining your loved one is non-negotiable life long imprisonment of guilt and pain. Arnav has only himself to be blamed. He has already accepted guilty as charged without pouring out his heart. Survival is miserable when one can not forgive himself.

Khushi and Vidit are birds of a feather. I’m not sure if Khushi will ever be able to choose what Vidit chose in his relationship: forgiveness, unburdening your loved one from guilt despite of being on the short end of the stick. Isn’t that what true love is? No matter how much hurt or broken one is, he/she still wishes the happiness of beloved? And remorseful Arnav is doing exactly that for Khushi. Only if she…

My only word to Khushi

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”

– Haruki Murakami

My only word to Arnav

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”

George Eliot

My only word to you Arpita

No matter what Arnav and Khushi has endured, it’s a soul searching and heart warming story. Your creation deserves a bow!

-Mona

Hi Mona, You made my day! ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you so much for such lovely words of appreciation. I am glad you chose to share your thoughts. They always, always mean a lot.

poignant pain of betrayal, worthlessness and insecurities of Khushi as well as traumatizing regret, self-disgust and helplessness of Arnav.

Arnav and Khushi, they are the inseparable sides of the coin.

Khushi and Vidit are birds of a feather.

You guys sometimes summarize the chapters and the story in a better way than I can. These lines are definitely one among them :). Your choice of metaphors is plain beautiful ❤️

I am also happy that with the timeline changes you mentioned the dynamic between all characters, not only Arnav and Khushi ❤️. And the irony of choosing between these two characters who are grieving in their own way. Pain of betrayal and Guilt of ruining your love. It's an extremely tough choice.

All three sayings that you wrote down are marvelous. Thank you so much one again! ❤️

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: canapoem

Another emotional update Arpita.

I liked the merchant and the bird story you have mentioned.

At present, one can understand that Khushi is that bird and probably VD is the bald guy, and Arnav is the merchant.

But what about then, a decade ago when Akash narrated the story? If Arnav was the bird, I guess he never found his bald guy. How did that affect Arnav's personality over the years?

What was Arnav's need to work himself to death? What was his need for his never ending marathon? And what was he behind?

Will Arnav try to find answers to these questions?

Irrespective of whatever happens between him and Khushi, he needs to find these answers for himself. And maybe it will help Khushi too.

I also want to know why is Arnav so lenient towards Lavanya? She literally tried to ruin his life and yet I hardly see some action from his side apart from dropping her from some projects.

Most importantly I want to make one point here.

When Khushi saw La on TV and later her reactions, not once she remembered that Arnav said La lied about the pregnancy. Looks like that important information has not even registered in her mind.

She has not even realised that La played a big game to trap Arnav. (Not sure even if Arnav has realised it)

I want Khushi to know the truth. Not to give any kind of clean chit for Arnav, but I want it for Khushi.

Khushi has lost all sense of trust in love, relationships, marriage, happiness. And unless this trust is restored in her, she will never be able to lead a normal life, with or without Arnav.

Even if she loves someone later on, she will never be able to more forward in the fear that she will get betrayed again.

For Khushi's sake I want La's truth to come out in the open.

For her to heal, this is the first step that is needed.

Hi C, thank you so much! ❤️

You're right to ask the question about how Arnav dealt with the situation when his heart broke at that time. At one point, after being married to Khushi, Arnav realized that he didn't deal with whole Anamika issue as well as he thought. He thought he was okay since he never cried or sulked. But all the insecurities came rushing back when Anamika said Khushi will walk out too.

Coming to Arnav and Lavanya in the present. He is not lenient towards her. I had explained in a previous comment how Arnav has no legal grounds to go after her. I also explained in my comment to shraddha just now from where his guilt emerges.

Coming to what he is doing. No, his plan was never to only drop her from the movies, as he said to Akash in the previous chapters and in this one as well. The plan was for a reputed production house to drop an extremely shady statement and leave media sharks behind her. He planned that specifically to release when Lavanya was on a show with a very shady reporter. He told Akash in this very chapter that one of his staff should 'accidently' leak the news that ARF is distancing from Lavanya because she did something unprofessional. He is hitting her where it hurts the most. Lavanya has had no personal life to build her career and fake reputation. He is hurting her there.

Also, Khushi and her thoughts about Lavanya's pregnancy were also addressed in smithereens. She did register the fact and thought about it when she was alone that night. But her hurt doesn't come from Lavanya. It comes from Arnav. She did say in smithereens that since Arnav believed Lavanya could have been pregnant, she may as well have been. Khushi's trust is broken anyway. Her husband did sleep with another woman and Khushi is not someone who is going to fixate on that while hurting this much. Even Arnav's investigations are running into dead ends to find the extent of Lavanya's obsession. He can't trace anything back to her.

You're right about Khushi's healing. There's a long journey ahead. One that she will have to go through no matter who she ends up with or even if she chooses to walk forward alone. ❤️

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pagarg

What a heart wrenching update Arpita!!! Really want to applaud your writing skills Arpita...they are amazing, out of this world.

As the story is progressing, we can see how much pain both Arnav and Khushi are going through.

Its like never ending cycle of pain and they both are stuck in it.

Just goes to show that sometimes the decision taken in haste look correct at that point of time but we later realise how wrong they were.

The conversation that Khushi had with Arnav earlier and now what Payal said , I think cheating with Lavanya was one part of it , but there anger is coming more from Arnav's behaviour towards Khushi over the years since she was never a priority for him

She was happy with whatever crumbs he threw at her since he was her centre of existence.

Really hoping that they are able to move forward from this anguish soon....

Thank you so much Parul ❤️

Your observation is right about Payal. The cheating thing pushed her over the edge because she believed Khushi was happy despite Arnav being careless towards being there for Khushi. But now that she knows Khushi has been hurt in the worst way possible, years' worth of anger came pouring out. Something that Arnav was already contemplating. 💔

Edited by VeiledWords - 1 years ago
VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: cocoamob

Loved the update - the angst, sadness, sense of hopelessness all just beautifully written!

When Akash first told his friends the story of the bird, merchant and the bald man, Arnav had recently broken up with Anamika and Khushi was not even in the picture. The story, however, touched him and made him think beyond it - he wanted to know what happened to the merchant and not the bird. Did he relate himself to the bird then and his need to achieve something and "make" it in this world?

Now, of course, Khushi could be the bird, Arnav the merchant and Vidit the bald man. Khushi and Vidit have both had losses and are suffering - but now have an unspoken pact of silence to what they witnessed. Moving forward, they may heal each other.

So far, Arnav has only seen Khushi being completely devoted to him to the extent of ignoring her own desires and needs. It will be interesting to see how this is going to affect him? And if he will answer his own question of long ago of what is to become of the merchant? Will he choose the path of redemption (an uphill task for him), or just let go?

Khushi has spent 10 years taking care of Arnav and has made all the sacrifices selflessly and without complaint. Just thinking of herself, and doing what she wants to do is not going to come easily to her. I think the next few chapters will be really interesting to see how she grows as an individual and learn to become independent and believe in herself.

thank you so much cocoa ❤️

I think Arnav was more intrigued by the story at that time, the empath in him seeking more answers than the tale divulged. Years later however, he remembers the story because now he is the one who struck the bird down. Not in a moment of misplaced anger. But 'prolonged, well though of' steps.

Your question about how it will impact Arnav to see Khushi widen her wings and not just follow him around is interesting. Perhaps something he is aiming for. Maybe he will finally have the answer about what happens to the merchant :)

tina_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

Thank you tina. I'll take all the hugs I can get.😊

I'm sorry it's getting taxing to read. So, a big hug to you guys too for still choosing to read and support it 🤗

The movie scene was important. It's astonishing how readers and characters in the story have totally different meanings to it ❤️

For past Khushi, that was more than enough. For present Khushi, the memory is hurtful. For Payal, this was Arnav being absent 90 times, showing up 10 times and even then, being busy with his work. For Arnav, he believes he did love Khushi all these years. But he is looking back at these moments too and he agrees with Payal at least on one front. That it wasn't enough.

So I m telling from my personal experience the men in my family goes work in the morning and come late in the night but yes they are present if at all thr presence is required mandatory otherwise women only manage and does all the work required socially or of kids or house or health related ( no I don’t think this is correct but I have seen a lot of families around following the same pattern) so from my pov absence of Arnav will not be a major problem for khushi I guess the part of country she’s from it’s acceptable behaviour ( again I don’t think it’s correct thinking or behaviour) the thing which broke khushi is Arnav’s betrayal in form of Lavanya if and only if this was not in picture arnav would have been long forgiven by khushi. Even though it’s taxing to read we do want to read it. So hats of to u. Big hug accepted and given back. ❤️🤗 Waiting for next part already 😜😜
Ani144 thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

vshkr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hi vshkr

I am so sorry to hear what you went through. It's a horrible feeling and I hope you're recovering well. Many hugs to you! ❤️

Thanks for such wonderful thoughts about all the characters. It's natural to feel for both Arnav and Khushi because in a way, both of them are hurting. Vidit and Khushi have already seen through the facade and how vulnerable the other person really is. Trauma bonding, as you said, is a good thing for broken hearts :)

Payal and Akash are amazing friends. And they need each other too. Previously Akash had been able to tame Payal's anger towards Arnav, but the cheating thing broke her resolve and years' worth of anger came pouring out. They're close to Arnav and Khushi. Their words and support matter ❤️

Thank you Arpita 🤗

I’m doing much better now ❤️

Absolutely, what Akash and Payal do matters a lot….
Eagerly waiting for the next chapter 😊

coderlady thumbnail

I noticed the story has been taken down from the fan fictions section. Will it come back?

dair10arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Arpita,

I am glad that my comment was taken in a positive stride. When I write my comments just after reading the chapter, I feel suddenly overwhelmed with grief for Khushi. Such is the magic that you have weaved on us.

It takes me some time to settle my emotions and think rationally and makes me sympathize with Arnav all over again. I keep swinging back and forth in emotions. I really don't know what the future entails but I trust you. I may go ahead and bash your Arnav but I never intend to criticize your work.

All I request for writers is to never leave a story this great incomplete. It feels like a breakup without being given a reason. So thank you for coming back to us with the updates.

And I like how none of your characters are picture-perfect. I am yet to see the flaws with the Hoodas not that I want to see it.

As always I shall wait with bated breath for your next update!❤️

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thank you Shraddha ❤️

Khushi's hurt at the moment is too raw. It's going to oscillate between a lot of things. Even the old happy memories are now hurtful.

You were not wrong earlier. Arnav's indifference is as big a blow as the Lavanya betrayal. Till Arnav brought Khushi back to Mumbai, she assumed Arnav now wanted Lavanya and that is why the divorce happened. She now has answer to her months' worth of misery. He was already done with the marriage without even speaking to her and after ten years of love, she got this treatment from him only because she asked about a baby a few times. That's absolutely heartbreaking to her.

I was saying this to someone. Arnav was ready to take away her choice in two most important decisions of her life; being a mother as well as being a wife.

And for that Arnav had already given her his reasons and she had shot it down, even when Arnav explained his intention was to do the right thing by her. And Arnav has admitted that he took it all wrong. He made wrong decisions purely based out of assumptions. He cannot defend his stance or that behaviour.

And on top of that there is a one-night stand where Arnav said 'I knew it wasn't you Khushi' and was silent when Khushi asked why you didn't stop because in his mind the answer is 'he could not stop. he did not stop to think that this temporary pleasure is coming at the cost of a decade of love and trust'. Khushi's wounds were already raw when she saw Lavanya. The insecurities always existed. They got amplified because even if it just happened once, it means that Lavanya's beauty was enough for Arnav to toss aside Khushi's love and trust. It's going to hurt her no matter what.

Just above I wrote and answer to coder regarding why Arnav's guilt for the night isn't going away.

So, you're absolutely right. As third person, we would like for Arnav to forgive himself and heal because that is a very balanced way to move forward. But from his POV that guilt just multiplied thousand folds seeing what a wreck Khushi had actually been all this while. And the way his character has been developed or been since forever, he finds a way to fault himself even in the situations that were not in his control (He thought he should see his firing from bitebox coming when it was his boss who urged him to move to a different project). That's just a side effect of responsibilities since forever. Breaking this is not only needed for Khushi but for himself.

Arpita thank you again for your detailed response. I was not discounting his indifference just changed the priority of it😘

I get your explanation why Khushi feels inferior to Lavanya's beauty.

Arnav is a man of few words and I guess he has never bothered to tell her how attractive he finds her. Last chapter Karva Chauth comes to mind.

Anyway so I guess Arnav is not privy to how she feels, her feelings of inferiority...and beliefs that he slept with La for her beauty.

See there I go again....I am again thinking like I am solving my friend marital issues and not reading a story 😊

Just realised something . Of course there is a reason why you have not written who send the pics or why La fake pregnancy drama has not raised red flags for Arnav.

In the bigger picture it is not important because without that Khushi would have never agreed to the divorce! Their marriage had issues La just expedited it.