Ah, won't you give me some-

Mercy, mercy, coming to you

Feel her beauty flowing through you

She will unbind you, set the word free

Mercy, mercy

The lyrics ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

So apt for the story!

Posted: 1 years ago

Wonderful update Arpita. You are brining out the emotions so beautifully.

Yes, it is angsty, but not every one can write angsty so well.

What I think about the story so far.....

We make assumptions based on what we have experienced, seen, felt or perceived. That explains why everyone is looking at the story differently. That in itself is an indication that what we are reading is a story envisioned by another individual who is looking at it differently.

Can I say I figured out the story fully and there is only one way to take the story forward? Not at all.

Let me start with something which is a major issue in Khushi and Arnav's life. Communication.

Can communication solve all the problems? I don't think so.

The best example is the conversation Khushi and Arnav had on the day or day after they returned from Kakori in March 2016.

That happens in real life between real couple. Some pointed questions can derail the whole explanation and the partner ends up thinking "it is better to keep quiet than offering anymore justifications/explanations".

The same thing happened in the latest conversation between Payal and Arnav. Arnav has a lot to say, but, anything more would have created more misunderstandings than solving the issue.

Speaking of which, now let me talk about Payal and Khushi's reaction while watching Lavanya's interview.

Two friends who share some common qualities looked at it completely differently. Lavanya's beauty or her poised demeaner did not sway Payal's judgement because the level of her involvement with Lavanya is different and she was equipped with different information than Khushi.

Khushi unwittingly formed an opinion (of course with the help of the circumstances she was forced into) that Lavanya is better than her and Lavanya can make a better partner to Arnav. That is making her feel inferior and pushing her into self doubting abyss.

Coming to Arnav, he talks less, keeps everything in his ahead and to top it he had an issue/information which he wants to take it to his grave without revealing to everyone though it is hurting him constantly. In doing so he broke Khushi and messed up his relationship with Khushi big time. He believed that he fell out of love with Khushi and Khushi is unhappy with him. He tried to free Khushi in his own twisted way. When he realised neither he has fallen out of love from Khushi nor Khushi is unhappy with him, the circumstances forced everyone including Khushi to think that he indeed fell out of love from Khushi and they are even questioning his love for Khushi in the first 8 or 9 years of their married life.

Like the merchant in the story, Arnav has to live with this guilt forever in his life. The only thing he is thinking is Khushi should be happy and lead a happy life somewhere else with someone else if possible. He is ok if he never gets a chance to reveal everything to Khushi.

Life seldom grants our wishes.

Now let me talk about Khushi. Before that, I want to say advantage hona and advantage lena are two different things.

Khushi was wired to take care of her home and husband to the best of her ability. That is what elders of her family and her mother in law told her. Being an older person (than Khushi) and being exposed to harsh realities of life early in his life, it is Arnav's responsibility to make Khushi understand the harshness. When she was taking initiative to explore life on her own, he encouraged her. After seeing her naivety, he had also decided to protect her. At no point, Arnav expected or forced her to put her life and happiness at stake to take care of him, the house or his parents.

Once she felt comfortable with Arnav, she told him to share all his worries with her and she even ordered him to fix the house as per her liking which was messed up when she was in the hospital fighting for her life in 2006.

So, when did they lost touch with camaraderie they shared, when did they start growing apart? I must say, Khushi's increasing visits to his parents' place and Arnav's increasing involvement in different business ventures did not help the cause either.

We will fix something only when we know something is broken. They did not even realise they were growing apart until it was too late.

There is no doubt Arnav unknowingly made so many wrong decisions and assumptions and he has to live with the guilt for breaking someone as precious as Khushi and for losing a chance to live a beautiful life with her. Do I expect a bigger punishment than this? I don't think so. Can he be redeemed. He can be, but, he will think 1000 times before he even think about having Khushi back in his life.

Cheers..

Edited by Savera84 - 1 years ago
creativebird thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Hi Arpita,

Continue to be a silent reader any further feels dishonor to your commendable writing : ‘Resurgence’. I have been a silent reader all through the story. It’s me who rarely judge characters, story or writer midway so pardon the silence. But the journey of Resurgence has reached to a point that it finally broke my patience. Credit is all yours!

Splendid characters and marvelous story telling are capable of captivating readers mind and soul. Each character is written with so precision despite of time lapse. Not once your characters slip out of their own skin. Arnav and Khushi are both flawed characters in their own ways in contrast to perfectly crafted Akash and Payal. You have weaved the magic of words to make me feel a poignant pain of betrayal, worthlessness and insecurities of Khushi as well as traumatizing regret, self-disgust and helplessness of Arnav. Their fairytale love-story/relationship is rarely heard of in arrange marriages. Time lapse is not an easy challenge to deal with but you nailed it. The past and present has been interlinked seamlessly to feel the rise and fall of characters and their relationships. Be it Arnav and Khushi’s love, Arnav and Akash’s brotherhood, Arnav and Payal’s friendship, Payal and Khushi’s sisterhood, or Akash and Payal’s wisdom all blossomed through those narratives. The metaphors you have used in the story were my delight as a reader. Who could have imagined that the kids fable topped with Akash’s wisdom would be the reality of Arnav’s life ten years down the road….

This story made me pause and think many times: Whose pain I sympathize most with? Khushi who has devoted her whole life and love to Arnav and felt betrayed in return or Arnav who loved with equal passion, committed a grave mistake, and bearing the guilt of being the reason of the pain to his loved one. Irony of the story, they are the inseparable sides of the coin. Not able to face each other but can not have existence without other. How to choose one?

Khushi has Arnav to blame for all of her pain and misery. She may not forget but she has a choice to forgive and make Arnav guilt free.

On other hand living with the knowledge of ruining your loved one is non-negotiable life long imprisonment of guilt and pain. Arnav has only himself to be blamed. He has already accepted guilty as charged without pouring out his heart. Survival is miserable when one can not forgive himself.

Khushi and Vidit are birds of a feather. I’m not sure if Khushi will ever be able to choose what Vidit chose in his relationship: forgiveness, unburdening your loved one from guilt despite of being on the short end of the stick. Isn’t that what true love is? No matter how much hurt or broken one is, he/she still wishes the happiness of beloved? And remorseful Arnav is doing exactly that for Khushi. Only if she…

My only word to Khushi

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”

– Haruki Murakami

My only word to Arnav

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”

George Eliot

My only word to you Arpita

No matter what Arnav and Khushi has endured, it’s a soul searching and heart warming story. Your creation deserves a bow!

-Mona

Ashviniv thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: creativebird

Hi Arpita,

Continue to be a silent reader any further feels dishonor to your commendable writing : ‘Resurgence’. I have been a silent reader all through the story. It’s me who rarely judge characters, story or writer midway so pardon the silence. But the journey of Resurgence has reached to a point that it finally broke my patience. Credit is all yours!

Splendid characters and marvelous story telling are capable of captivating readers mind and soul. Each character is written with so precision despite of time lapse. Not once your characters slip out of their own skin. Arnav and Khushi are both flawed characters in their own ways in contrast to perfectly crafted Akash and Payal. You have weaved the magic of words to make me feel a poignant pain of betrayal, worthlessness and insecurities of Khushi as well as traumatizing regret, self-disgust and helplessness of Arnav. Their fairytale love-story/relationship is rarely heard of in arrange marriages. Time lapse is not an easy challenge to deal with but you nailed it. The past and present has been interlinked seamlessly to feel the rise and fall of characters and their relationships. Be it Arnav and Khushi’s love, Arnav and Akash’s brotherhood, Arnav and Payal’s friendship, Payal and Khushi’s sisterhood, or Akash and Payal’s wisdom all blossomed through those narratives. The metaphors you have used in the story were my delight as a reader. Who could have imagined that the kids fable topped with Akash’s wisdom would be the reality of Arnav’s life ten years down the road….

This story made me pause and think many times: Whose pain I sympathize most with? Khushi who has devoted her whole life and love to Arnav and felt betrayed in return or Arnav who loved with equal passion, committed a grave mistake, and bearing the guilt of being the reason of the pain to his loved one. Irony of the story, they are the inseparable sides of the coin. Not able to face each other but can not have existence without other. How to choose one?

Khushi has Arnav to blame for all of her pain and misery. She may not forget but she has a choice to forgive and make Arnav guilt free.

On other hand living with the knowledge of ruining your loved one is non-negotiable life long imprisonment of guilt and pain. Arnav has only himself to be blamed. He has already accepted guilty as charged without pouring out his heart. Survival is miserable when one can not forgive himself.

Khushi and Vidit are birds of a feather. I’m not sure if Khushi will ever be able to choose what Vidit chose in his relationship: forgiveness, unburdening your loved one from guilt despite of being on the short end of the stick. Isn’t that what true love is? No matter how much hurt or broken one is, he/she still wishes the happiness of beloved? And remorseful Arnav is doing exactly that for Khushi. Only if she…

My only word to Khushi

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”

– Haruki Murakami

My only word to Arnav

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”

George Eliot

My only word to you Arpita

No matter what Arnav and Khushi has endured, it’s a soul searching and heart warming story. Your creation deserves a bow!

-Mona

@bold - what beautiful quotes....i so wish the arnav and khushi of the story hear these and act on them

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: dair10arshi

Oh Arpita, how do you manage to outdo yourself with every update!!

You are a master storyteller. The way you have tied the beginning and the end of this chapter has me in awe. I had never heard this fable before and the way you have shared it, it is sure to be etched in my memory forever.

The description of the flashback scene had me invested to the point I could virtually imagine myself in that setting and be engrossed in Akash's narrative.

Khushi's ignorance and aloofness towards Arnav was much needed. What goes around comes back around! Now he would surely get the taste of his own medicine. All those months of avoiding Khushi like a plague, without giving her a proper reason, were worse than hell for Khushi, and Arnav is already broken with just a week of the same treatment.

But I still pitied Arnav a tiny bit. However, that little bit of sympathy that was slowly creeping up on me for Arnav was washed away when I read Khushi breaking down at the glimpse of Lavanya.

You do this to me every time Arpita! Why am I not surprised that my emotions keep ranging throughout a chapter?

This is what I was afraid of! The thoughts that seep into the person who has been betrayed. Khushi is being swarmed by images of Lavanya and Arnav together. I mentioned this in one of my previous comments as well. I was somehow expecting Khushi to be burdened by these thoughts even if things did miraculously get resolved between the 2 of them.

Every time my heart shatters for Khushi in a way I think wasn't possible.

Coming to Payal, the MVP of this episode. She has said everything that I hoped to be said. I had wished for her to be my avatar in this story and thank you Arpita! I hated the way Arnav treated Khushi in PayAsh's house. His rage towards Khushi and her love for Lucknow. Khushi has never belittled Arnav's passion and dedication towards work. So why did Arnav have to react so negatively toward hers?

In today's episode, I think Payal is easily the smartest of all of them at the moment. The way she pieced the puzzle out together! Oh how I screamed when she charged like a bull and almost( 😒) slapped Arnav.

Da*n, Arnav and his quick reflexes! Her tirade towards Arnav and Akash had me cheering for her. Akash trying to defend Arnav had me rolling my eyes and sighing *Men*

But Akash deserves a hug too. He has been a great husband and friend but he just couldn't be the brother Khushi needed. I hope Payal gets to be her sister at the very least or maybe Rhea could become one!

I just don't know how to articulate my thoughts on the confrontation scene. It was everything I had hoped. I shed tears when Payal's words overlapped with Khushi's. I wish Payal did get to take Khushi away with her for a few days. Let Khushi recuperate with the new job, Leher, and a supportive friend. Payal's guilt at not being able to keep Khushi away from Arnav is something I can understand. Even as a reader, I want to add some distance between them. There is so much more I want to say but I just can't at the moment.

And VD, my dearest. Yes, I am biased towards you right now. Arnav's parting words in this chapter added fuel to the tiny flame rooting for Khushi and Vidit(not necessarily as lovers, I haven't yet ruled Arnav out of the race)

VD standing by his decision to let Khushi be a part of their restaurant speaks volumes about how non-judgemental he is.

I don't know how exactly Shriya has hurt Vidit but it must have been similar since the fable was a metaphor was Khushi being the bird and VD being the bald.

The Hooda family members are such cutie pies, even Rajdeep. I would love to see Khushi's interaction with the family.

I do see some cracks in Akash and Payal's relationship, but I am sure Payal will understand once she talks to Khushi and calms down.

Oh how could I forget, the Lavanya being blindsided by the ARF announcement was such a balm to my soul.🤣

Thank you so much Aashi! This is a really lovely comment ❤️

I understand what you're saying and it's natural. When you read different perspectives from different characters, their hurt is out in the open and that takes the main stage. So its's natural to feel sympathy for the one you're reading about.

You're right. The side characters are just as much important in this one as the main ones. That does include Payal. I discussed this in one of the previous comments. She is protective of Khushi, and she has no issues showing it. She stands up for what she believes in. She listened to Akash all these years, but her threshold has been crossed. And she called Arnav out for being absent. For taking advantage of Khushi's patience.

Khushi's hurt is massive so it's going to hurt us for a while too :). Insecurities are always a part of it. She knows now it was a one night stand instead of an affair. Arnav has told her that it has always been Khushi for him and it was a mistake. But then its Arnav who said he knew it wasnt Khushi. It is natural for Khushi to think that his resolve broke in front of lavanya. In her eyes sanctity of her marriage was blown away for temporary pleasure. It's bound to hurt this way.

You're right about hooda family. They're good people. The father let son take charge and was proud of the empathetic stand. Vidit is willing to take a risk for a stranger. It's the right thing to do 😉

Akash's stand for most people would sound very weird. It sounds weird even to Arnav. he doesn't like it when Akash defends the Panchgani scene. Akash is choosing to forgive when even Arnav doesn't want to. He had said to Payal, he believes in second chances. It doesn't look like Payal agrees. It doesn't look like Arnav agrees either. ❤️

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -Arpi-

Dear Arpita,

I have so much to say and so little words. You have outdone yourself with this one.

I will come back and tell you what I think of the chapter but firstly I just wanted to tell you how delighted I am as a reader to have found this 🌺

There are layers here, things to unearth and understand. There is enough elusiveness in the words that you can discuss this story to the point of madness and still don’t have a definitive answer. The saga treads delicately around the line drawn between black and white and you will always have your readers divided. Marvellous!

I have to get my thoughts in order to do justice to the chapter but this note is simply a reader’s delight. This story is rich. That’s what I would call it. You never really did answer my question about reading literature?

You started with Amrita Pritam. The lady with a life story that could sing songs of her iron will. She writes love like Khushi does. I am biased towards her. I have roots in places where poets are still in awe of her. 🌺

And then you quote Masanavi. You quote Rumi. and you do it so beautifully that I am as overwhelmed as Arnav was. You painted the scene in front of me.

I had a smile on my face when I realised it’s the good old Parrot and the Grocer. I have the written text. The children’s tale indeed ends at the lesson of not letting anger take over. We all have the regional texts and tales that teach us the same thing.

And you took the story from my childhood and you turned it around on my head. I don’t get the life lessons without answering your question first. A fair give and take.

I must have heard the regional one a thousand times, and I must have read Rumi’s version a good number of times too.

And not once in my life I had thought of asking the question, “What about the merchant?”. Now, I can never look at that story the same way ever again. You replaced a child’s wonder with an adult’s empathy. Sheer brilliance.

You gave me Amrita Pritam, Ghulam Ali and Rumi in the same chapter. In the simplest of words, this was a treat to read. I’m sure if you choose to write further stories, you will do great. But for now, from my eyes, Resurgence is your Magnum opus 🌺

First of all, I am sorry for missing that comment. I have missed out on so many of them prior to this chapter but even though I haven't replied to them, I have read every single word. To answer your question, no. My education has nothing to do with literature. But I have always been a keen reader :)

Coming to Amrita Pritam Ji, it's very unfortunate that I have only started reading her recently. You're right to be biased. Her words are phenomenal.

Now the story ❤️

I do know it was written by Rumi and I immediately related it to our regional stories too. Just like others in the comment section, I have heard a similar one from my grandmother in childhood.

But the Rumi one I heard well into my late teens. It was told to me by a teacher. I'm so glad you told me the actual name because I had to paraphrase everything here. I was searching online but I couldn't get the original translation. I did remember the story. Although I'm pretty sure I have butchered a lot of details from the original one.

I already said this in one of the previous comments. The question popped up in my mind because here the merchant repented and tried to fix his error, and most importantly, the bird was alive.

I know the general lesson is 'don't act recklessly', but words are subjective. You explained it better than I ever could. Child's wonder against adult's empathy. And I was not only a child anymore. Instead of just accepting the lesson as told, we now have a grownup's ability to reason and probe. I already learned the lesson but there was more to ponder. The bird's invisible cage and the merchant's lifelong regret were the questions that popped up.

I believe I have subconsciously done this with almost every story from my childhood and even later. There's always something in it that changes for me as I grow up. It happens even now. Books that I read 2-3 years ago, if I pick them up now, I notice different details.

And I also think that happens with everyone. Your experiences inform your comprehension. Perceptions and beliefs change as we grow older and hopefully wiser. And that's why that childhood story ended up fitting here and I'm so happy you guys found it interesting enough to leave these comments ❤️

edit - I think you're right about resurgence. I can't pull anything like this again :)

Edited by VeiledWords - 1 years ago
TianaWrites thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5

Arshi Analyzers

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

Thank you, Tiana :)

The reason for not saying who the bird chose eventually is not the wordplay on my part I'm afraid. The original story actually ends there. It ends with the life lesson :). Arnav Khushi and Vidit will have to figure that out as the time passes.

I agree on the Lavanya part. Beginning of the end :)

@bold:

Sigh... I was expecting that she would get some redemption. I always felt sorry for her though she did such miserable things and hugely lacked self control. Well, she ought to be punished for her deeds... I guess so her ending won't be great. She made her bed though. Sad she won't like lying on it.

On the other hand I never felt or had any pity for Manali though she might have been doing all that she did just for the sake of saving her job. Well, she will be punished too? Won't she?

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Another emotional update Arpita.

I liked the merchant and the bird story you have mentioned.

At present, one can understand that Khushi is that bird and probably VD is the bald guy, and Arnav is the merchant.

But what about then, a decade ago when Akash narrated the story? If Arnav was the bird, I guess he never found his bald guy. How did that affect Arnav's personality over the years?

What was Arnav's need to work himself to death? What was his need for his never ending marathon? And what was he behind?

Will Arnav try to find answers to these questions?

Irrespective of whatever happens between him and Khushi, he needs to find these answers for himself. And maybe it will help Khushi too.

I also want to know why is Arnav so lenient towards Lavanya? She literally tried to ruin his life and yet I hardly see some action from his side apart from dropping her from some projects.

Most importantly I want to make one point here.

When Khushi saw La on TV and later her reactions, not once she remembered that Arnav said La lied about the pregnancy. Looks like that important information has not even registered in her mind.

She has not even realised that La played a big game to trap Arnav. (Not sure even if Arnav has realised it)

I want Khushi to know the truth. Not to give any kind of clean chit for Arnav, but I want it for Khushi.

Khushi has lost all sense of trust in love, relationships, marriage, happiness. And unless this trust is restored in her, she will never be able to lead a normal life, with or without Arnav.

Even if she loves someone later on, she will never be able to more forward in the fear that she will get betrayed again.

For Khushi's sake I want La's truth to come out in the open.

For her to heal, this is the first step that is needed.

Pagarg thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

What a heart wrenching update Arpita!!! Really want to applaud your writing skills Arpita...they are amazing, out of this world.

As the story is progressing, we can see how much pain both Arnav and Khushi are going through.

Its like never ending cycle of pain and they both are stuck in it.

Just goes to show that sometimes the decision taken in haste look correct at that point of time but we later realise how wrong they were.

The conversation that Khushi had with Arnav earlier and now what Payal said , I think cheating with Lavanya was one part of it , but there anger is coming more from Arnav's behaviour towards Khushi over the years since she was never a priority for him

She was happy with whatever crumbs he threw at her since he was her centre of existence.

Really hoping that they are able to move forward from this anguish soon....

shiv456 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

You are one awesome writer superb update