Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Arilip

Well, I have no words left. I do feel khushi’s pain but can’t ignore Arnav’s . In all I am loving Aaakash !!! Hopefully the one rock Arnav will need when everything will sweep towards khushi, will be him.

I am loving Vidit !! Ppl like him are rare ….hope khushi finds her rock in him. She really needs one to stop her drowning in pain and self doubt.

I also do feel when the emotional avalanche stops and they are sturdy, they can still walk towards each other!!!

Thank you, Ari :)

Yes, I think more than Arnav and Khushi, this chapter was about the other characters. That would include Payal, Akash and Vidit. Their pain is different from the main characters and thus, their reaction to situation is different too. Akash and Payal, are fiercely loyal friends and opinionated individuals. And so is Vidit :)

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: imshveta

I now understand why you take so much time editing even after writing the part. You just have to make it perfect for us.

I have waited for Payal to know the truth. She didn't disappoint with her reaction.

I can see a camaraderie of sort might form between Khushi and Vidit after the incident, they share the same pain and they know it now.

All around whatever things are happening in their lives right now, it seems things are going to come full circle for Arnav. The deeper the penance, the faster would be his redemption.

Thank you so much! ❤️

Yeah, the editing here took time. I'm glad it came through :)

Khushi and Vidit obviously learnt a lot about each other in the moment without intending to. That is going to impact their future interactions. Khushi needs to learn a lot here. This isn't something she had done before. And dealing with this kind of change while going through hell in personal life is not an easy thing to do. Arnav on the other hand, needs to clean up a lot of messes.

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mirchi23

Thank you for the Update. Its nice but I feel it's short. Betrayal does not give you pain only also a lesson . So make sure never cheat the person whose world is you. Next part soon dear. Make sure long update.

Thank you.

That is a 16000+ words update. I don't know why it felt short 😂 I'm not sure any of the future updates will ever be longer than that 😊

Edited by VeiledWords - 1 years ago
VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: tashi26

Again a very beautiful chapter Arpita, it took me 2.5 hours to finish reading it🙈. Would read some portion get emotional then take a break and come back.

Hell I am shocked how did you manage to write such a complex chapter with everything. The delay is totally justified.

I am just going to comment whatever I felt now otherwise the entire day will be thinking about it only.

I will start with Vidit. He is going to be someone I might fall in love with at the end of this tale and he is someone khushi really needs right now in her life. She may have Payal but vidit with his shared pain will help her heal. He is her bald man (not saying he is not good looking but it does make it easier for me 🙈).

I was very sad when Khushi had to see lunatic on the tv but then she found vidit and everything made sense.

But those questions about whether Arnav would have married her or someone else, I wish they were not simply what she asked herself, they are so painful. Were these doubts put in her head by someone else in the past too, I can’t seem to get over the gawaar comment.

Now coming to Payal, I really admire her, she called Khushi her sister and her interaction with Arnav proved she was one to her.

Payal saying what Arnav now knows and Khushi has said the same was like a confirmation that arnav did ignore Khushi in his quest to get where he did.

But then there are instances like him holding her hand in the movie and it makes me question was he actually that ignorant to her feelings.

He did not let Payal take Khushi away, he knows lunatic shit may hit the fan soon.

Also, I feel Khushi somewhere needs his presence even if it is as small as taking a piece of advice.

He is freeing his caged bird and Akash is worried for him. And that makes me sure Khushi is not just his need but his everything.

He may feel happy when Khushi is happy but will he survive without her. That is one thing we will come to later. Right now I am very happy that Khushi is taking steps to recover, she is becoming independent.

Also, very excited for the revenge Arnav has started.

Thank you so much Tashi :)

I'm glad the chapter was received well despite the complexity. It was all over the place and I needed the time to keep things in order. Vacation and break helped :)

You're right about Vidit. Shared pain is a big deal. Even with someone like Khushi who couldn't tell her grievances even to a friend like Payal. The bald man to the bird :)

About Khushi's insecurity. That is a natural reaction. Even though Arnav had told her the nature of the whole thing. He called it a mistake. He told Khushi that there was nobody else. Ever. But the thing is, it won't help Khushi. She had a blind faith on Arnav. And no matter that it had happened only once, it's enough to take away the blindfold. It is going to amplify the already existing flaws in her head.

Coming to every other character. In Payal's words, she is too naive for her own good. And then it's natural that not only Payal, but everyone else around her is protective of her. Be it Arnav, Aman or even Akash. Because Akash also walked out on Arnav the first time he heard the divorce news. They knew what it might do to Khushi. They were not aware of the dynamic going on in Shantivan.

Also, I think we need to give Arnav a little more credit here for survival. ❤️ He was absolutely gutted when Khushi left him but it's also the truth that his life didn't stop the way Khushi's did. He doesnt believe in completely uprooting everything because of a relationship. Something he said to Khushi on the station.

His work didn't suffer as much. I think now we're aware how seriously he actually takes his job. He is still suffering, more than he suffered before because his pile of guilt is now equal to a mountain. He is hurting a lot. But he is still faring better than Khushi in a lot of ways :)

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: Learrntowrite

Wow! This was just mind blowing and heartbreaking di.

I have a lot to say and I’m sure if I revisit the chapter I will find so many layers and hidden things like always. For now I will list down one of my favorites.

In the part where Akash is telling the story. Arnav is thinking about the ghazal that they’re playing. You wrote that it’s a Gulam Ali Gazal and it’s about minuscule sips of alcohol causing massive uproar. Am I right in assuming the Gazal is “Hungama hai kyon barpa, thodi si jo pi li hai”.

Because if it’s really that Gazal then it’s so damn ironic. He just had no idea the kind of uproar alcohol is gonna cause in 10 years time.

I’m really happy for Khushi and still so heartbroken for the way one thing or another breaks her heart. She is running away from Arnav and that’s still hurting her only. She was going to a new place and her first day went as horrible as it could. For her only, I wish her pain goes down a bit in coming days.

I liked that Vidit took a stand for her. She really deserved to be there. And from what I could see in the conversation with his gf, he is a sorted man. It looks like he got his heart broken too and he may be able to help Khushi in some ways.

And Arnav. I don’t know what to say. We have seen his tendencies to be late and absent in previous chapters but first Khushi and then Payal calling it out to his face was really a blow.

Another thing that I noticed, is that Payal hinted towards suffering of his life. Maybe the trauma that we keep fearing. Payal made it sound like people are aware of what has happened in his past. It looks like Payal just said it affected Khushi too and Arnav has agreed. That Khushi has gone through it too which makes sense since they’re married.

A lot happened in this chapter and this broke my heart almost as much as smithereens. This is a very beautifully written chapter di ❤️. Arnav wasn’t alone who was pulled into a children’s tale. I was equally invested ❤️

Thank you so much Isha :)

You're right about the Ghazal. It is one of my all-time favorites. I thought it fit so well. Just like you mentioned. So that line got added :)

Khushi's pain regarding Arnav is the kind that lasts. I think with time people learn to live with these kinds of things, but they leave scars. Permanent ones. People fundamentally change with this kind of trauma. It will not only take time, but guidance.

Yes, Vidit did take an immediate stand. His family has instilled good values :)

You're right about Payal hinting towards Arnav's sufferings in this life. People in his life are very much aware about the kind of struggles Arnav has gone through. And all of them are going to have different opinion about that. And being Arnav's wife and the kind of person Khushi is, she would have stood by him through hell. So Payal feels that Arnav forgets that she has suffered too. Arnav agrees.

All in all, let's just say both Arnav and Khushi have their work cut out for them :)

tina_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

So I read the part yesterday itself but couldn’t bring myself to comment with me being sooo high on emotions. I can’t say anything more thn what others have already mentioned in the comments. But a mention of the flashback whr no matter how busy or worked up arnav is with his work he never forgets providing khushi his comfort the movie scene m talking about. It’s astonishing how a person whose world revolves around the other brings so much distance amongst themselves ended up spoiling things to this extent. It really hurts seeing both of them hurting sooo much. U have done a wonderful job in making us hate Arnav to empathise him now. Reading this story is sooooo taxing it brings out so much emotions and feelings in us how do u manage writing this?? Sooo much angst soooo much pain. A very tight hug to u

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashviniv

Arpita, Arpita, kis janam ki dushmani nikal rahi ho behen...even if i am not sure about anything else at this point, the one thing i am sure off is at the end of this FF i am going to keep crying for someone. be it arnav or Vidit. You dont like your readers to be happy arpita is it 😡

Jokes apart, coming to the chapter. i have no clue why i feel like my heart is shattered after reading it. i mean nothing new has been revealed, we know things are messed up for arshi but boss i still feel like i am falling in pit of despair after reading it. You have named the chapter aptly. I can feel their pain in my bones. I am wary, i am crying, i am happy and i am equally bawling. How do you do that in single chapter?

khushi..i want to hug her, console her and cry with her. she keeps getting her heart broken without any fault of hers and i cant write in words how much it pains. the khushi who couldnt keep her smile off her face when she used to see arnav now cant stand in same room as him. She feels she is trapped and along with arnav my heart broke too

Vidit, he is very sorted man. we caught of glimpse of that when he said exes can be friends but his conversation with shriya and his stand for khushi shows what kind of man he is. he is very firm and fair. khushi and he has formed an unspoken bon based on shared pain. will he be the friend khushi needs? I am not talking about something more as i dont think khushi and vidit both are ready at this stage (and i dont want to think that at all EVER)

now coming to arnav, I have been standing in his corner right from the start of teh story. I was trying to find evidences to prove he is a good man and he didnt cheat on his wife and he still loves khushi. I think because of that his pain seems to real, too personal. In a way its good that he is getting taste of his own medicine when khushi cant stand to be in same room as him but everything else is too heart breaking. Looking at his stand , i fear he has given up on himself too. his only mission now is to give khushi wings and see her fly away and he will be done with his life. and i keep crying with that thought

Akash and Payal, what true friends....both of their reactions are so apt, so real...Akash like me can see Arnav is in self destruct mode and is rightfully worried. Payal ufff she gave exactly the same sort of reaction i wanted her to give. she and khushi both of them have blamed arnav for not being there for khushi but at the same time the movie scene shows us he was always there albit not how everyone envisioned him to be but in his own ways. Only Akash seems to get that at this moment

I will write about the Bird story separately. That needs a separate comment

I dunno Arpita, i am totally broken after this update and i dont know why. i think thats the magic of your writing. I cant praise you enough

Thank you so much Ashvini ❤️

No, the intent is not to keep everyone crying but, in my defense, I already warned that things are going to be twisted 😂

The chapter was initially called "melting pots' because this is the first one where we have these many perspectives. But 'In my Bones' won at the end because a lot of characters just got convinced of a lot of things. Feeling the truth in their bones.

You're right about Vidit being firm and fair. I think he established both those qualities with the stand he took.

Khushi's hurt is going to hurt too. For a good time. It's not something she can get over soon, so we are in for that painful ride for a bit longer, I think.

Now Arnav, yes, you're right. Arnav had also been working under so many misconceptions for a long time. All of them have cleared up and he is left with the mess he made. We need to see things from his perspective too. And the fact that he isn't denying his mistakes is the precise reason for the kind of course he is taking. He needs to pick and choose his battles because no matter how much the merchant tries, he cant win them all :). And I can see why his actions invoke the feeling that you described.

Akash and Payal, people who have always been there for the friends who were there for them too. Their reactions are also resulting from the amount of information they have. Akash is choosing to be the one who thinks things can be salvaged. Payal and Arnav disagree.

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: TianaWrites

What a beautiful chapter.... I loved it... Loved the story Aakash said too... It wove the chapter together... You are like Aakash captivating us with your words... Beautiful. I loved Payal's outburst. She is the definition of friend like family. Thinking about it I believe from the story Aakash said Khushi is the bird, Arnav is the merchant and Vidit is the bald man... The story never said whether that bird stayed with the merchant or went with the bald man. That was clever on your part. So the suspense is still on as to whom Khushi will choose. But it's clear that Vidit will help her to get independent but the heart wants what it wants, so let's see what happens at the end. Now coming to LA, I think this is the beginning of the end of her career I believe. Will she be left desperately alone even by Manali is something that should be seen.

Wonderful. Thanks for the update.

Thank you, Tiana :)

The reason for not saying who the bird chose eventually is not the wordplay on my part I'm afraid. The original story actually ends there. It ends with the life lesson :). Arnav Khushi and Vidit will have to figure that out as the time passes.

I agree on the Lavanya part. Beginning of the end :)

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashviniv

I am coming to the story Akash shared at the end but that's the part which has stayed with me the most. I have also listened to similar story of how the baby mongoose kills the snake but the owner thinks he has harmed the infant and kills the mongoose. I have always felt bad for the mongoose but when Arnav asked the question what happened to the merchant, i paused and i thought.

How difficult it will be to live with your colossal mistake. The Mistake which brought so much misery to people you love and witness the destruction. If the mistake was done without any malice, or bad intent and if you are a good person at your core how do you survive this? This gave me pause and i think that's the main reason for my misery.

If it was a ruthless, cruel person, you can punish them and the story is over, the bird/Mongoose gets justice but if the person is absolutely broken because of their own mistakes, shattered and hurt how do you punish them and what would be the justice for the Bird/Mongoose

Yes Ashvini, I have heard the story too ❤️. It was a staple in my grandmother's collection. I have really fond memories of my village and her stories :)

As a child I never questioned it. But growing up this thought had popped up once or twice. As a child it was horrible for me to think that a pet lost its life because the master acted angrily. As an adult, when I heard the Merchant, the bird and the bald man, my perception changed a bit. Thankfully here the pet didn't die, and I actually paused to think just how bad the merchant would have felt.

It somehow felt so apt to include that thought here :)

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCxT0CnOq9s&ab_channel=ANTI-Records

When you're kneeling through the hours

And you're doubting your given powers

And when you're ready for her mercy

And you're worthy it will come

When you're sneaking round the back door

And she's waiting for you no more

And when you're ready for her mercy

And you're worthy it will come