Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vshkr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Hi Arpita,

Sorry i couldn’t comment on the last few chapters. I lost my pet last month. I was too numb to be able to word my thoughts. However, during that phase, this story gave me an escape:)

What a beautiful written story and chapter! I can’t help but feel for the characters…. While my heart breaks for Khushi and her the situation she is in, it equally breaks for Arnav. They both love each other immensely, albeit in their own ways… while Khushi’s love is open, pure, and unconditional, Arnav’s is silent and twisted. His thinking is his own enemy and it is precisely that which has landed him in his situation. He needs to be open and communicate his thoughts. Hope that is his biggest takeaway from this.

Vidit and Rhea seem to be loveable characters… through the Syrian fable, you’ve also dropped a hint that Khushi will probably trauma bond with Vidit; two broken hearts. However, my Arshi loving heart can only take them being friends. Also i’m pining onto Payal’s words - Khushi loves Arnav with a passion that defies any reason. Just hoping that they can ride this storm and get back together. This time, Arnav rectifying all his mistakes and making himself worthy of Khushi’s love.

I love both Akash and Payal’s characters! Such fiercely loyal and loving friends….. Payal is truly the protective elder sister that Khushi needs. Someone who can stand up for her and make Arnav realise her beauty… Akash is the best friend that everyone needs in their life. Someone who doesn’t support your mistake, but nevertheless stands by you through rough times. He is probably the only one he isn’t making Arnav feel terrible than what he is already feeling…. Arnav needs this support to go ahead and do the right thing for Khushi and them.
Thank you for writing this wonderful story. It makes for a great insight bank on relationships:)

Eagerly waiting to read the next chapter and the coming ones to know how this story unfolds:)

P.s: Belated Happy B’day 🤗 hope you have a wonderful year ahead!

Arshix144 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Good God Aprita, you sorcerer you! That was pure magic and I am an emotional wreck!!😭 What a power packed chapter, bravo and kudos for fitting so much for us in one chapter, there is alot to unpack here! The transitions from one point to the other were just brilliant, you gave us a bit of the calm before the mother of a storm! I wonder whether it takes as much of an emotional toll on you to write these beautifully and brutally gut wrenching chapters, because I feel like my heart is shattered in a million little pieces and not just for one person but for everybody! More power to you for your vivid writing, being a natural empath I have just about felt what everybody felt here in the chapter!

You penned down some really powerful and impactful moments, you had my heart bleed and shed silent tears when Khushi witnessed Lavanya on screen, I know I am supposed to rejoice at Lavanya getting kicked out of the production house but somehow I couldn't! Instead I was focused on Khushi's misery, her insecurities of not being good enough for Arnav, her viewing Lavanya as someone more sophisticated, beautiful and what not, her imagining her husband with Lavanya, her finding a secluded corner to have her emotional breakdown, oh it just felt too raw, too real and just heartbreaking. And in the middle of all of this, you brought in VD and portrayed him in such a way that I am rooting for the guy, he just seems so decent, so sensitive ( the way he handled his ex) and just a solid guy everyone needs in their lives. Two broken hearts ( VD and Khushi) might just be able to heal one another whether it's a romantic or friendship type connection.

Moving on to another powerful moment in the chapter and that is Payal's confrontation with Arnav! I think this Payal is my favourite Payal ever penned down by anyone, she is such a champ! Every khushi needs a Payal to stand up for them. I felt all her emotions in that confrontation, I am pretty sure Payal voiced all the frustrations/anger that most of us felt for Arnav on behalf of Khushi, so much so that there isn't much left now ( at least for me).Afterall, he is drowning in his own misery, how can one hate someone who is suffering from the worst kind of self loathing themselves. One thing did surprise me though, the fact that he was so adamant and forceful about the fact that Payal couldn't take Khushi with her. At first I was like oh wow I am witnessing the ASR IPKKND style "Khushi is not going anywhere", he is going to fight for their marriage just like Khushi did for years. But then I read on and him recounting Akash's story had me thinking; is our guy assuming things again about possibly letting Khushi go in the end and has Payal emphasised and solidified the point that he doesn't deserve Khushi but first he wants to make sure she has her wings before she can fly away. Then again I don't know why he would want her around if he is planning to set her free anyway, she is clearly not ready to face him. Whatever the case I trust the process, I am sure whatever you have planned you will reveal it to us beautifully and I cannot wait to see what unfolds next!

Salutes mademoisellle! 👏

Ps. I came here as usual to casually stalk without expecting anything at ungodly hour here in ausland but was ecstatic to find the update, read some of the comments and quickly got somethings off my chest so I can sleep without feeling too emotional, surprisingly enough I am feeling better so thank you for putting up with my disjointed rambling! Loved the update! ❤️

Edited by Arshix144 - 1 years ago
coderlady thumbnail

The story that was told years ago is just as relevant now as it was then. What the merchant ended up doing to the bird, Arnav ended up doing to Khushi. Making the judgement from his own viewpoint without considering another angle. The bird never spoke again until a stranger showed up who the bird thought had gone through the same pain. We know Vidit and Khushi do share the same pain. Can they heal each other and be friends?

coderlady thumbnail

Vidit will be a food mogul in his own right one day. Loved it when he opted to let Khushi stay because she deserved it. He did not make the hasty decision to sideline her because of her name. This is the first instance where Khushi gets something as her own accomplishment. He knows perfectly well there could be a conflict in future because there already is some conflict of interest of sort. The family is targeting a star rating that Arnav's company is responsible for, and his wife (at least for now) works with them. He is taking that chance of a perceived conflict to give her the much needed break. He doesn't even realize what he gave her.

coderlady thumbnail

Payal was on to something but she didn't quite figure it out then. It clicked when she saw the Lavanya debacle unfold. She gave it to Arnav. She said everything that needed to be said. She is hell mad right now but I think when the gears start turning, she will be asking questions no one else is asking.

For now, no one is looking at what exactly happened that night. Just saying he was drunk does not bring home how bad his condition was. Are they even considering that he might have been drugged? The fact that pictures were sent to Khushi portraying something that was not the case and the whole pregnancy lie, they have to wonder what is behind it. There is an agenda. They need to uncover what it was.

coderlady thumbnail

My heart broke for Khushi when she was watching Lavanya on TV. Along with the pain of betrayal, she has the pain of not measuring up. How can she think that the breakup was not about who she is? Her insecurities will not let her. She needs to love and appreciate herself and see what she is. This new stint might be the stepping stone to get her there. Vidit may end up being a source of support. Hope she will also open up to Payal about her insecurities. Validation from others goes a long way too.

coderlady thumbnail

It did my heart good to see Lavanya get a rude awakening live on TV. Karma just bit her on the butt. She and Manali thought they could ruin lives and walk away with no damage. They messed with the wrong person this time. Their career in the industry is done for. It will be fun to see how it plays out. A budget cut was nothing compared to this. The negative publicity will haunt her for a long time.

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

In the confrontation chapter Arnav was made privy to how his behavior and actions negatively affected Khushi. So as I finished reading this I felt there was nothing new except on one count.

Khushi's reaction to Lavanya's interview and its effect on her.

In the hierarchy of mistakes..this is what needs to be addressed first..because that is her immediate need(I am back pedalling on my pet peeve..that it is his indifference that hurt most).

Which is more than publicly dropping La from AR production. I hope we read more about what they discovered from cctv footage and Arnav digs more into why the photos were given to Khushi.

Why ? Armed with all that he can then shares all of it with Khushi. No it is not to give a clean chit to Arnav..but so she has all the gory details. It is not a typical ONS and she needs to know.

It is about healing one wound at a time.

Arnav. I am glad that he told Payal that Khushi will stay with him. No not because of the parents because this breakdown is about the two of them and their marriage. This the two will have to navigate alone.

A young Arnav had a fair,open conversation/diagloue with Khushi when he had hidden from her being fired. He wanted to make sure that all her concerns were addressed..so there were no misunderstandings. This is what happens in a healthy relationship.

This is in stark contrast to what he has been doing for last year or more. Taking decisions for the two of them..ignoring..indifferent..no conversation..

Given a person core beliefs and personality does not change..I hope he starts reflecting and start taking baby steps.

1. Forgive himself about the ONS. It won't happen by his musing or getting berated by friends but by talking to a professional.

2. Talk to a therapist about whatever bothered him for last year or more that changed his behavior dramatically.

How does one rebuild trust and faith in the your most important relationship if you don't forgive and heal oneself too😏

Ps. Other day I saw a 14 year meet with a road accident and the emergency doctor was her dad. Test revealed she was pregnant. Her dad informed her and told her she sure needs to make important decisions. Foremost though..she needs to first forgive herself !

Ps1. I have skipped writing about VD and his family. Good folks... next time😘

Last but not the least. Belated Bday greetings Arpita. Hope you had a blast🥰

Edited by bakwas_serial - 1 years ago
You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

I am at a loss of words, even after I gave myself the luxury of sleeping over it. Appy, your words in this chapter hit where they were supposed to, and punched me in the solar plexus. I am not exactly sure if I can logically process what I am feeling and put it into words because all I can do, is just feel a jumble of emotions.

Khushi is trying to run away from the epicenter of her life. But how far can you truly run if you're actually trying to run away from your memories. The weight of her grief is getting harder and harder to carry after each update, Appy.

And perhaps that is why, a wordless understanding, of shared trauma and pain, is more healing than any words can be. Perhaps that is why the bald man is the only one who could inspire words because the bird thought he might understand its pain.

"The magic was gone." I am not sure if there have been fewer and simpler words that have hurt me as much as these few have. Because it brings in the screaming realization that there is literally no way for that magic to be what it used to be. It might get restored, might even be a better form of magic. But it will never be what it used to be. And to deal with this guilt of taking a wrecking ball to the spirit of the only good thing in your life, I....I have no words for Arnav is dealing with. I have often wondered what is the use of regret when nothing can really come out of it. Not even healing. But I guess, one's regret and guilt is one's true punishment for one's crimes.

A couple other things that seemed a bit curious to me was Khushi musing that Arnav was tied to her with archaic tradition. Marriage is hardly archaic, so I am wondering if there is some story behind this thought. Perhaps this is what Arnav is hiding from Khushi?

You know what really stood apart for me was how differently Payal and Khushi view the last few years of Arnav and Khushi's marriage. Payal thinks that Arnav was aloof for years. That he was not a good husband for YEARS. But Khushi does not believe that at all. The scene in the movie theatre, where Khushi sees her husband frowning at some work email and decides to hold off her grief for later in the night shows Khushi's love and her devotion to her husband. But her husband realizes that Khushi needs the support now, touches her hand and provides her that outlet and his shoulder exactly when she needs it. That is their marriage.

Only Arnav and Khushi have the right to decide what it means to them. And for all her good intentions, Payal is all but a third person (as are we as readers). I believe we have all debated Khushi and Arnav's shortcomings the exact same way Payal has in this chapter. Of the things Khushi allowed Arnav to get away with. Of how Arnav did not deserve Khushi's love. But this one scene, quells any doubts that I may have about whether Arnav really loved her or not. It also puts to rest the doubts on whether this is worth saving. Because I still believe, it is. But the question here is whether Arnav and Khushi think this is worth saving.

Well, we can see now that the merchant is teaching the bird to fly. He's enabling her to make use of her beautiful wings that the bird has never felt the need to use before. So that he no longer is the bird's owner. But is it enough? Will the bird ever adorn its rainbow feathered crown again? Perhaps this time, the bird knows what its worth is, and would nurture the crown for itself. Not for the merchant, not for the bald man. But for *her* own self.

Edited by You-Know-Who - 1 years ago
VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ranogill

I wonder I wonder if Arnav will let go Khushi . Will wounded Khushi and wounded Vidit will communicate like that bird and that bald man. Paysl realised late that everyone including Khushi endorsed Arnav. And Arnav thought whatever he thinks is right .. in this misconception he distanced himself from Khushi and ended on Lavanya’s bed . Now I feel sympathy for him because he is lonely where he is standing. Everyone will move on I think including Khushi. What will Arnav do now .. will he be able to bring back Khushi to him from the brink. I got funny feeling in my tummy and I can’t seem to find words to describe Arnav’s musings .. I will comment again I think.

Thank you Rano.

I think it is normal to feel conflicted with the current state of the story. The true picture of the things is very messy. Khushi is hurt and Arnav is dealing with the aftermath of his actions. His musings obviously are as twisted as his thoughts. So what you're feeling for both of them is only natural :)

Edited by VeiledWords - 1 years ago