Enhanced PM System: Improved Threaded Conversations for Easy Follow-up

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Dear Members,

We are delighted to announce an exciting update to our Private Message (PM) system! In response to your valuable feedback and in our ongoing commitment to enhancing your communication experience, we have implemented a new feature that brings a significant improvement to PM conversations.

Introducing Threaded Conversations: Streamlined Communication Made Easy!

With the latest update, we have introduced threaded conversations within the PM system, similar to how Gmail groups emails. This new feature aims to simplify and streamline your discussions, making it easier than ever to follow the entire PM chain. We understand the importance of maintaining context and ensuring seamless communication, particularly when multiple participants are involved.

Here's what you can expect from our enhanced Private Message system:

1. Threaded Conversations: When you engage in a PM exchange, each response will now be grouped under its respective conversation thread. This grouping mechanism allows you to effortlessly follow the entire email chain within a single view. Gone are the days of scrolling through long PMs to locate a specific message or losing track of the conversation flow.

2. Clear Hierarchy: With threaded conversations, you can now easily identify the main discussion topic and its subsequent replies. The hierarchy ensures that you can quickly navigate through the messages and maintain a clear understanding of the ongoing conversation.

3. Efficient Tracking: Whether you're involved in a one-on-one discussion or participating in a group conversation, the threaded view enables you to track responses efficiently. Follow-up messages and replies will be organized in a logical manner, allowing you to stay up-to-date with the latest developments and respond accordingly.

We are confident that this new addition to our Private Message system will significantly enhance your communication experience within the forum. It promotes better organization, simplifies thread tracking, and ensures that you never miss a beat.

As always, we value your feedback and encourage you to share your thoughts on the updated PM system. Your input is crucial in our continuous efforts to improve the forum and provide you with the best possible experience.

If you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance with the new threaded conversation feature, our dedicated support team is available to help. Feel free to reach out—we're here to ensure a seamless transition and address any queries you may have.

Thank you for your ongoing support and active engagement in our community. We hope you enjoy the enhanced Private Message system and find it even more convenient to follow and participate in conversations.

Best regards,
Vijay B.

Edited by vijay - 9 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail

We also have a system where you can broadcast a message and it will create a separate threads with each user when they reply to your PM.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Hey Vijay,

I was just checking it out

I have a confusion.

So now if someone has sent me a group PM, how come I am able to see everyone's replies to that PM? Even if they havent clicked "reply all", they have just simply replied to the sender of the PM but I can still see it.

Isn't that a breach of privacy?

Or does that mean that now whenever we play IF games which require PMing answers, the sender will have to send PMs to all players individually instead of group?

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

Hey Vijay,

I was just checking it out

I have a confusion.

So now if someone has sent me a group PM, how come I am able to see everyone's replies to that PM? Even if they havent clicked "reply all", they have just simply replied to the sender of the PM but I can still see it.

Isn't that a breach of privacy?

Or does that mean that now whenever we play IF games which require PMing answers, the sender will have to send PMs to all players individually instead of group?

For such instances we have introduced Broadcast. That basically starts a new thread per user response and that is not seen by other members whom the broadcast has been sent.

Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 4.39.13 PM.png

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

For such instances we have introduced Broadcast. That basically starts a new thread per user response and that is not seen by other members whom the broadcast has been sent.

Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 4.39.13 PM.png

Sounds great, thora time lagega to understand all this🤣

MochaQueen thumbnail

Can you also increase the numver of people we can send a group PM/broadcast to? Right now it's 20, and games ke liye we have to send out multiple PMs because typically there's around 50 participants.

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

Can you also increase the numver of people we can send a group PM/broadcast to? Right now it's 20, and games ke liye we have to send out multiple PMs because typically there's around 50 participants.

We will look into this.

vijay thumbnail

Request members to check the new PM system and give their valuable feedback.

Sutapasima thumbnail

This is superbbbbb Dear Vijay .. I can see the entire conversation there . .   Have yet to try the group messaging part . many thanks to you n your team for this useful and significant improvement .

IMG_0998.png

Edited by Sutapasima - 9 months ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Request members to check the new PM system and give their valuable feedback.

I still have the same concern regarding privacy of the previous threads. Some Pms may contain confidential info which we dont want to reveal to other members.

For instance, someone sends out a group PM, one of the members replies to that sender and they start another conversation through PMs which may not even be related to the initial PM. The convo may involve some personal subjects which the member is uncomfortable sharing with others. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Any solution for this?