We'd still worship

We might just get away with it

The altar is my hips

Even if it's a false god

We'd still worship this love

-----

Don't blame me, you didn't qualify devoted to whom.

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

But we might just get away with it

Religion's in your lips

Even if it's a false god

We'd still worship

We might just get away with it

The altar is my hips

Even if it's a false god

-----

Don't blame me, you didn't qualify devoted to whom.

I don't think I understood everything of this post. But just out of curiosity asking Are you an Atheist or Theist?

As a person who believe in science, experiments, proofs since my childhood, I always questioned the existence of God but ultimately trying to believe in existence of some Gods always brought some positivity in my life.Also gods Ganeshji, Hanuman, Sai baba.. I had some childhood memories attached with their temples, like I get peace and serenity in those temples. Lord venkateshwara also I believe in him.

In between I lost touch with the Gods for few years totally but When I feared the worst happening to my mom during second wave Last resort was praying to Sai baba and lord Venkateshwara. As my mom was saved from the worst somehow, I'm thankful to my lost resort.From then Everyday as soon as I wake up and open my eyes the first thing I do is to look at and pray to Sai baba(he is like my problems listener and savior more than God) and ask him to save my family and the world from harmful viruses etc.,evil forces and also give me physical and mental strength to do best at my work.

I love Gautam Buddha too.

Waise I'm not a religious person, I don't believe in or follow any religion. I visited church and mosque sometimes. Visiting Any spiritual place give me serenity and peace!

But sometimes science believer in me still question the existence of God but I choose to stick to my attachments which I developed since my childhood. I'm attached to Sai baba since my childhood,i love him, he has been like my Santa, I got whatever I wished for whenever I prayed to him from my bottom of my heart.

I love lord krishna's teachings from Bhagavadgeetha too (never red that book though) .Whenever I happened to listen those teachings I find those teachings very fascinating and inspiring, some great food for thought krishna vaanis I heard at the end of Radhakrishna TV show too, valuable teachings they are for any human!

I love Vivekananda too. I love Abdul kalam too, idk why it feels Abdul kalam is some God not a normal human.

Hogaya mera essay on Godsmiley36

I think I believe in power of prayer than anything. I think when we pray for something.. subconsciously we end up try to achieve it and we finally achieve it somehow smiley36.. Ultimately prayer is bringing some positivity in our lives somehow. smiley36

Edited by Newbird - 1 years ago

When I think about Science versus God, Kamal hasan's Dashavataram movie comes to my mind. Eventhough it was dragging at parts I still liked the movie.In Climax God's existence was proved in the movie by the statue coming out of the ocean because of that tsunami or whatever it issmiley36.. Nice attempt by that movie makers as i hardly see such thought provoking movies from indian movie makers.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Newbird

I don't think I understood everything of this post. But just out of curiosity asking Are you an Atheist or Theist?

As a person who believe in science, experiments, proofs since my childhood, I always questioned the existence of God but ultimately trying to believe in existence of some Gods always brought some positivity in my life.Also gods Ganeshji, Hanuman, Sai baba.. I had some childhood memories attached with their temples, like I get peace and serenity in those temples. Lord venkateshwara also I believe in him.

In between I lost touch with the Gods for few years totally but When I feared the worst happening to my mom during second wave Last resort was praying to Sai baba and lord Venkateshwara. As my mom was saved from the worst somehow, I'm thankful to my lost resort.From then Everyday as soon as I wake up and open my eyes the first thing I do is to look at and pray to Sai baba(he is like my problems listener and savior more than God) and ask him to save my family and the world from harmful viruses etc.,evil forces and also give me physical and mental strength to do best at my work.

I love Gautam Buddha too.

Waise I'm not a religious person, I don't believe in or follow any religion. I visited church and mosque sometimes. Visiting Any spiritual place give me serenity and peace!

But sometimes science believer in me still question the existence of God but I choose to stick to my attachments which I developed since my childhood. I'm attached to Sai baba since my childhood,i love him, he has been like my Santa, I got whatever I wished for whenever I prayed to him from my bottom of my heart.

I love lord krishna's teachings from Bhagavadgeetha too (never red that book though) .Whenever I happened to listen those teachings I find those teachings very fascinating and inspiring, some great food for thought krishna vaanis I heard at the end of Radhakrishna TV show too, valuable teachings they are for any human!

I love Vivekananda too. I love Abdul kalam too, idk why it feels Abdul kalam is some God not a normal human.

Hogaya mera essay on Godsmiley36

I think I believe in power of prayer than anything. I think when we pray for something.. subconsciously we end up try to achieve it and we finally achieve it somehow smiley36.. Ultimately prayer is bringing some positivity in our lives somehow. smiley36

I am neither an atheist nor a theist. I am not an agnostic either. I am a nontheist of some sort.

I believe there is a higher power in the universe and certain truths beyond human comprehension. However, I don't think the higher power favors humans let alone intervenes in the greater scheme of things for our petty needs. Everything good and bad that happens to us is a random outcome based on a combination of our actions, the laws of the universe, and the series of random outcomes that have brought us to this point.

I was raised a Hindu, so I do have an affinity for the Hindu faith. The Mahabharata is one of my favorite books and I often turn to it for guidance. But I take scripture metaphorically rather than literally. I do somewhat believe in moksha as a concept of becoming one with the universe. But for me, the path to salvation is jnana or knowledge. The path of Bhakti is not for me. I don't mind if others choose that path for themselves. But sometimes when people place faith in abstract concepts above fellow humans and life as we know it - it really gets my goat. Honestly, sometimes I feel people use God as a crutch for lack of faith in themselves and their fellow humans.

That is why I don't bestow devotion on any Gods. My devotion is invested in the joy of being human and everything and everyone who makes being human a joy. Taylor Swift is one of those who gets my devotion. But in a grander scheme of things, I appreciate people who worship this love, even if it's a false god. Just listening to it with my eyes closed can grant me a moment of salvation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjD3LoXp-Pw

EDIT: To add that it is imperative for me to regularly take battleground God test to ensure that whatever I believe in is logically consistent. https://www.philosophyexperiments.com/god/Default.aspx

Edited by return_to_hades - 1 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

As a younger person, I was a lot more theistic and faithful. But then.

"I thought that I heard you laughing

I thought that I heard you sing

I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream

That was just a dream

That's me in the corner

That's me in the spot-light

Losing my religion

Trying to keep up with you

And I don't know if I can do it

Oh no I've said too much

I haven't said enough"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

https://youtu.be/QRb4JPiJ8xE?si=5STPkNPLVtKcFMSv

https://youtu.be/fV8WIzEHD-E?si=xWSPT0Xbq4Biw_o2

My fav songs of the two most favourite festivals I love Janmashtami and Ganesh Chaturthi

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I am neither an atheist nor a theist. I am not an agnostic either. I am a nontheist of some sort.

I believe there is a higher power in the universe and certain truths beyond human comprehension. However, I don't think the higher power favors humans let alone intervenes in the greater scheme of things for our petty needs. Everything good and bad that happens to us is a random outcome based on a combination of our actions, the laws of the universe, and the series of random outcomes that have brought us to this point.

I was raised a Hindu, so I do have an affinity for the Hindu faith. The Mahabharata is one of my favorite books and I often turn to it for guidance. But I take scripture metaphorically rather than literally. I do somewhat believe in moksha as a concept of becoming one with the universe. But for me, the path to salvation is jnana or knowledge. The path of Bhakti is not for me. I don't mind if others choose that path for themselves. But sometimes when people place faith in abstract concepts above fellow humans and life as we know it - it really gets my goat. Honestly, sometimes I feel people use God as a crutch for lack of faith in themselves and their fellow humans.

That is why I don't bestow devotion on any Gods. My devotion is invested in the joy of being human and everything and everyone who makes being human a joy. Taylor Swift is one of those who gets my devotion. But in a grander scheme of things, I appreciate people who worship this love, even if it's a false god. Just listening to it with my eyes closed can grant me a moment of salvation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjD3LoXp-Pw

EDIT: To add that it is imperative for me to regularly take battleground God test to ensure that whatever I believe in is logically consistent. https://www.philosophyexperiments.com/god/Default.aspx

To be brutally honest I need to read this post 2 more times to get more clarity. I think its bcz I have not been fully rested and need more free time to understand it better. I will get back to this post in next 2 week offs.

@bold

But these one or two lines I can clarify about myself.. I believe that there are many things which humans can't control, I don't think having this belief is lack of faith in one selves and other humans..I think its called self awareness... like Humans can't stop aging(aging of cells in human body) ,can't stop Human death(we can delay the death but can't stop it forever), can't stop time, can't escape from laws of physics (atleast on the Earth) or laws of universe(atleast in our galaxy) and there are many many other things which are beyond the control of human. In that case some of us when they become helpless or hopeless try to stick to or want to believe that there is some supernatural force and want it to make some miracles happen in their hopeless or helpless situation.

When I truly question myself, I would still say " I don't know whether God exists or not.

In that link for phylosophy test you posted, first question was " God exists?" I answered "I don't know".. Second question was something on this line "God is a logical possibility?" (ie., there is nothing contradictory about the very idea of God? )".. I chose the option" False".. They displayed this :

IMG_20230919_135615.jpg

I will continue my thoughts in next post after some break.

Edited by Newbird - 1 years ago

^^ I edited the post to put it more clear.

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4