💙Micro Fiction Contest : Felicitation Ceremony 💚

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Welcome to all IndiaForumites

to the grand finale of the Microfiction contest.

We join hands to share our magnificent world with all beings, with love and respect, without any biases.

Before we begin here are few pearls of wisdom on creative writing.

"Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them, most people dont see any"

Orson Scott Card

If you can tell stories, create character, devise incidents, and have sincerity and passion, it doesn't make a damn how you write"

W Somerset Maugham

"Story telling is the most powerful way to put ideas into the world "

"Fill your paper with breathings of your heart" 

William Wordsworth

Here is the link to the previous thread which exhibits all the entries, we have revealed the names of all the writers, and also added the entries which were disqualified from evaluation for various reasons . 

A Micro Fiction Contest for everyone :VOTING round !!!

We thank all the esteemed writers of IF who participated and spun for us such beautiful tales around our theme, with the basic idea to share love and care with all human beings irrespective of their choices/ orientation or different anatomy. All stories were so awesome  that it was a very very close contest. Our Judges had a tough time choosing the best ones. The excellent work done by our creative friends needs to be applauded.

We shall be felicitating the top 5 winners of both catrgories as chosen by Jury as well as by members.

This contest could never be culminated without our witty and experienced team of Jury, who not only took so much time out of their busy schedules, but also scrutnized each and every entry in great details. Our team of jury consisted of two DTs who exhibited great confidence and immense integrity. Their efforts and contributions deserve to be felicitated first n foremost.

Viewbie Viswasruti

Moderator WildestDreams

Here is a small token of appreciation, please do accept it.

SweetButSpicy creation

SweetButSpicy creation

With this we move on to the next part, that is felicitation of the winners with beautifully crafted siggies by Coolbie SweetButSpicy. Hope all of you will flaunt them with pride in your siggy boxes .

Rainbow Award goes to 

Entry #15 

By TunesOfHeart

SweetButSpicy creation

Friend Indeed Award is a tie between two

Entry#13 by SoniRita 

&  Entry #5 by Clochette (Claudia)

SweetButSpicy creation

SweetButSpicy creation

1st Runner Up

Entry #21

by Aquabutterfly 

SweetButSpicy creation

Winner 

entry #19 

By PangaNaLe 

SweetButSpicy creation

We move on to the popular awards. Big thanks to all the members who appreciated the efforts of the writers

and spared time to vote.

Gift This Life Award

Entry #22 

By DelusionsOfNeha 

SweetButSpicy creation

Pink Future Award

.Entry #4 

By SoniRita

SweetButSpicy creation

Fascinating Narrator Award

Entry #21 

By Aquabutterfly

SweetButSpicy creation

Best Souvenir Award 

goes to two entries  

Entry #1 …By NiharikaMishra
     Entry #2 …. By SoniRita 

SweetButSpicy creation

SweetButSpicy creation

Ancestor's Memoir Award&Topper 

Entry 10 

By SoniRita

SweetButSpicy creation

Appreciation for the writer who created the maximum number of entries 

and also the fastest entry 

within hours of contest announcement. 

BrhannadaArmour

SweetButSpicy creation

with this we sign off until the next contest.

Edited by Sutapasima - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail

Many thanks to dear SweetButSpicy aka Prii who has created so many winner siggies for all the writers and judges. 

EkgKe-rWMAAMOyo.jpg

Sutapasima thumbnail

Special Thanks to Viswasruti and WildestDreams for all the support and guidance throughout this contest

1806283-507755-thank-you-colorful-flowers-bouquet-card-concept.jpg

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Ohhhh!!! Yayyyy! 🥳

All the entries were indeed fabulous! I didn't vote because it was very difficult to narrow it down to 5 choices! 😆

Thank you Suta for hosting the contest! Madhu and Parm for reading and doing the difficult job of choosing the best entries 

Congratulations my fellow writers and winners! 🤗🥳

Have a rainbowy day!! 🥳

Thanks a lot Prii for the beautiful siggy!!  loving it!! 🤗

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Congratulations to all of the winners! Thanks, SweetButSpicy, for the signature!

Sutapasima, I am surprised that you credited DelusionsOfNeha for Entry #15, since it shares text verbatim with a longer story posted by TunesOfHeart:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/163018517

This is the relevant portion of the longer story:

"So you are saying that you like me in a romantic way?" Aashay asked after a minute of concluding his thoughts.

"Not like but love! I love you Aashay! And I might look disgusting to you, right now but  I don't want to regret not confessing my love to you! I am sorry."
Aakash added with fresh tears flowing through his eyes as he didn't really like the blank look on Aashay's face. But the next moment he got surprised.

Aashay held the helm of Aakash's blazer in anger and pulled him a few inches closer to him.

"Why are you saying sorry? What's there to be sorry about, Aak? You love me and you confessed, that's it! You should never say sorry for confessing your love! It's almost like insulting your love for me! " With that Aashay loosened his grip on Aakash's shirt.

Aakash couldn't believe his ears as he looked at Aashay with hopeful eyes. The outburst gave Aakash somewhat hope that, there might be a very slight chance of something happening.

"Why are you statue now? Say something damn it!" Aashay snapped.

"Aashay... You..." Aakash struggled to voice out his thoughts so Aashay thought to make things easy for him, only because he had bravely confessed his love to him.

"Yes! I am keeping my heart open for you. I hope you can wait for me?" To which Aakash happily nodded in yes before engulfing him in a hug.

Please double-check whether both the winning entry number and the winning author name are correct.

By the way, you have emphasized "choices" in your write-up, but a person's sexual orientation and gender identity are not "choices." They are innate and immutable biological traits. The failure of society, government, and courts to recognize this fact is a major obstacle to LGBTQ+ rights.

While individuals should have the freedom to choose their appearance and sexual expression, society finds it easy to label LGBTQ+ people as "deviants" based on the misconception that everyone who doesn't fit the norm could just "choose" to conform. It's not just the few LGBTQ+ people who express themselves openly who deserve civil rights and compassion. Invisible LGBTQ+ people worldwide, forced to "choose" to conform or die, need us to shout out that their diverse natures exist even when their expression is silenced. So, please don't write only "choice" at the expense of accurate words like "orientation" and "identity."

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

#15 is not my entry. I only sent one, #22 - Wylan and Jesper - Marry me?!

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dishi, #15 Heart to Heart, Aakash Aashay wali story is yours na?

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 1 years ago

Entry #9 (a fan fiction on a Marathi TV daily drama, Sundarā Manāmadhe Bharalī) is the story that won the Early Bird Award:

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/3814

Due to the word limit, I could not entirely fulfil this "same-sex dowry demand story" writing prompt:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/160508716

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago

Entry #9 plus seven more stories earned the Most Prolific Writer award:

Entry #3 (fan fiction on Budhasvāmin's Bṛhatkathāślokasaṃgraha):

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/3815

Entry #20 and Entry #24 (fan fictions on Sedakasutta and monastic disciplinary records from the Buddhist canon):

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/3816

Entry #11, Entry #23, Entry #16, and Entry #6 (fan fictions on a Marathi TV daily drama, Ramā Rāghava):

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/3813

dellzcreationz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Congratulations everyone who won 🤗👏

Glad to part of this contest 😃