Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Sera-high123

But for Netflix to release shows on their platform they will have to take permission from the owner for both songs and the episodes. What if the deal for ZGH OST and episodes where done separately and Netflix still has exclusive rights over OST ??

Copyrights are territorial but both India and Pakistan are party to Berne Convention. I am not sure about the process here but isn't in these kind of conventions countries file a case to these particular authorities?

Just for knowledge purposes,,,

Yes, wrto permission - the agreement with Netflix will be for full show - it will be a license for a definite amount of time, the license will include everything in that show as telecasted and produced by owner of the show. When the definite amount of time is over, the license is deemed defunct and the rights go back to the owner, there is no question of seperation of works’ rights.

Netflix has no use for the OST, it doesn’t own any musical entity. But Hum owns Hum Music which is a musical entity.

Countries can be parties to Berne Convention, (btw Berne is outdated, now countries assess against TRIPS or bilateral trade agreements) but end of the day, the case will be filed by the one who claims infringement in the country of said ownership and/or in the country of infringement. The onus is on the alleged infringer to prove he has not infringed.
To date, there has been no case filed either in India or Pakistan, if yes, then there would have been press coverage for sure.

Now it is possible, that there have been other measures to tackle online infringment - which is negotiation or take down notice. If this is the case, then Geo definitely is involved and knows what’s going on since it’s one of the parties to the take down.

But then again, I do think this also would have gotten press coverage in India if Zee is involved. But it hasn’t. Which makes me think this has nothing to do with Zee. This is some other issue totally, and from historically, how shows by other Pak channels posted by their own accounts on YouTube have their music missing tells me this is some issue between YT and Pak channels.

-INAAYAT- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I doubt they will release this week's episodes on YouTube. The channel and production house is weirdly silent since last night. The loss will be huge if they don't buck up. They have so much money riding on the show, and it shows.

zooni.blue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: reshamc

I agree with the theory that Murtasim ke andar bhi Saad chupa hua hai.

At this point, being Saad basically means being a good man. Ek tarfa pyaar ho chuka hai, and he is ready to wait for the other party to reciprocate. He is not forceful. He is not trying any schemes. He is showing patience. He believes his mohabbat is going to be enough to convince Meerab of his feelings. I like this soft side of Murtasim Khan.

The way he stood up to maa begum was really good. And amazingly performed.

I know I found it odd that itna speech dene ke baad Murtasim akele hi room mei chala gaya. But i like how Hassan interprets it. That his wish was only to bring his wife back to their home. Bedroom tak jaane ka decision Meerab ka khud hota hai 😍😍 I am hundred percent sure ki director ne yeh thought nahi rakha tha. But this is a nice way to think of this scene.

Also hazaaar shukriya to Hasan for explaining the accident 😂😂😂 saari audience confused thi ki how he saved Meerab's life. Usne saare mumkin probabilities practically demonstrate Kar diya 🤣🤣

I am low-key sad they did not talk about the "ooch neech" comment 🤪🤣

I love how hasan explained the murtism going alone to room thing... I'm sure director did give it a thought... Murtism wants to give meerab a home and he doesn't have any other expectations from and now if meerab wants she can go back to her dads portion...

And about him being a saad it is so true... Just so shocked with murtism character co promos made it look like he will be bad boy... But he is a bad boy for enemies not his family

-INAAYAT- thumbnail

I don't think this is true info. The director in his interview said ki yehi gaana likha gaya tha. And sunte hi ek baar mei humne pasand kar liya

The brief for the song was - something which depicts the aggression inspite of being in love.

Yumna's official fan page posted that info! And I do not trust the director as well. So we don't know exactly 😆

WanderingWonder thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Saw it just now. Was very entertaining… even Amna didn’t annoy me too much today. I was impressed by Hassan’s quest for symbolism ( didn’t pick up the significance of her following him into the room and/ or note that she closed the door.) And his technical explanation and demonstration of the accident…wah wah kya baat hai 😜🤣

He’s just lovely - the way he simply loses his composure talking about TB is so light and fun!

The Saad references … he has a point… but I’m not much of a Saad fan so I’m hoping Mr. Khan doesn’t become like a Saad. Please god no. Murtasim’s sad was much better than Saad sad, for me!

Hassan’s become an expert on Tere Bin 😂

I think we should stop agonising over the removed episodes. It is not in our hands, humare discuss karne se kuch change nahi hone wala.

Let us keep going on with our episode discussions and continue the fun that we have ☺️☺️

SH ka review dekh liya sabne?? I want to go and pull Hssan's cheeks for being such an adorable cutie 😂😂😂

Edited by WanderingWonder - 1 years ago
Sera-high123 thumbnail

#HalZa (Mere Humsafar)

Originally posted by: columbia

Just for knowledge purposes,,,

Yes, wrto permission - the agreement with Netflix will be for full show - it will be a license for a definite amount of time, the license will include everything in that show as telecasted and produced by owner of the show. When the definite amount of time is over, the license is deemed defunct and the rights go back to the owner, there is no question of seperation of works’ rights.

Netflix has no use for the OST, it doesn’t own any musical entity. But Hum owns Hum Music which is a musical entity.

Countries can be parties to Berne Convention, (btw Berne is outdated, now countries assess against TRIPS or bilateral trade agreements) but end of the day, the case will be filed by the one who claims infringement in the country of said ownership and/or in the country of infringement. The onus is on the alleged infringer to prove he has not infringed.
To date, there has been no case filed either in India or Pakistan, if yes, then there would have been press coverage for sure.

Now it is possible, that there have been other measures to tackle online infringment - which is negotiation or take down notice. If this is the case, then Geo definitely is involved and knows what’s going on since it’s one of the parties to the take down.

But then again, I do think this also would have gotten press coverage in India if Zee is involved. But it hasn’t. Which makes me think this has nothing to do with Zee. This is some other issue totally, and from historically, how shows by other Pak channels posted by their own accounts on YouTube have their music missing tells me this is some issue between YT and Pak channels.

Thanks for the info , Colu 🤗🤗

It is definitely by Zee. This was the error message after they removed episode 20 day before yesterday.

Screenshot_20230303-143742.jpg

And this is after they removed the 8 episodes.

Screenshot_20230305-111124.jpg

columbia thumbnail

Saad inside Murtasim is really doing injustice to the actor yaar…

In one of the earliest episodes, Saad said she doesn’t love me so what does it matter if I do or if I want

Murtasim says I cannot leave you because I believe in “apne pyaar mei giraftaar kar lena”

Bhaisaab dono mei bahut farq hai…dono mashook jabardast hongey, Lekin Ek suli pe chaddh jaayega apna pyaar azmane ke liye, dusra goli maar dega pyaar ko paane ke liye…

-INAAYAT- thumbnail

I don't think a case has been filed either, else it would have been all over the news like Nach Punjaban thing was. And Geo is currently the leading party's channel there, if I am not mistaken. It's a huge thing that 8 epsiodes of a trending show of a giant media company have been taken down.

-INAAYAT- thumbnail

It is definitely by Zee. This was the error message after they removed episode 20 day before yesterday.

So this means, the episodes are deleted?

columbia thumbnail

So this is a take down notice by Zee which they have filed with YouTube claiming copyright. Depending on where this notice appears - in India, Pakistan or internationally everywhere, Geo will either negotiate with Zee or Geo can take Zee to court in Pakistan. Because if it’s appearing only in India, then it’s a territorial copyright claim.