#HalZa (Mere Humsafar)

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Anushka_31

Btw ye show max kitne epis ka hai ???

Probably 35-40.

vizard thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

I was just checking the Youtube views of some of the more popular drama.

This drama has been impressively consistent with every episode hitting 20+ million views.

I' was surprised that Mere Humsafar and KTK got 30+ million, and KAM 3 over 40+ million.

Some people complain about the quality and some of the content being shown in dramas like Tere bin and KTK, but this is what people want to watch. Given how successful such dramas have been, i'm surprised we don't see even more of these. You certainly cannot blame the channels for making more.

Winterberry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vizard

This drama has been impressively consistent with every episode hitting 20+ million views.

I' was surprised that Mere Humsafar and KTK got 30+ million, and KAM 3 over 40+ million.

Some people complain about the quality and some of the content being shown in dramas like Tere bin and KTK, but this is what people want to watch. Given how successful such dramas have been, i'm surprised we don't see even more of these. You certainly cannot blame the channels for making more.

Most of viewers are masses and they don’t need dark stories which probably they witnessed/witness on daily basis. To many these dramas are for fun and they don’t look at toxic representation as toxic , to them it evokes immediate reaction or hatred. So one ML is portrayed in negative/ grey mode they curse him and then when he changes they cheer for him. Similarly they love to sympathise with FL who goes thru trails ans when she is victorious they cheer for her as she has passed. Most of them don’t analyse so deep.

And dark dramas or shows which show reality even good don’t evoke that level of emotions.

Guess PTV is going thru that phase where crispy / to the point / straight fwd dramas hve been watched, people enjoyed and loved and now they are bored so these OTT gives them new flavour. Just like how ITV which once used to produce gem of serials slowly slowly moved towards Ekta Genre of shows and then in Gul khan pull/ push genre now they are super bored of everything then Netflix / Hot star caught attention.

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Actually the one thing I love about PTV is the diversity of shows. Because they are limited episodes, there is something for everyone. The show I am currently LOVING to bits is Kuch Ankahee. This show is ok for timepass but KA is all heart. I thoroughly enjoy all the characters in that show. It is subtly written messaging and storytelling that everyone in the family can watch

these types of ITV type shows enjoys viewership all over the world because frankly there is some level of massyness in the storyline which speaks to banal instincts and thinking. So there is high popularity including via internet.

Edited by columbia - 1 years ago
Winterberry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Well said and KA type work when they are finite else they loose the grip! Their biggest advantage is tight plot and limited series.

Also Indian audiences( esp younger and urban) are now slowly getting accustomed to Seasons concept. The same won’t work for masses, once u give a break they will say Tata Bye Bye! Given how ITV is big business nobody wants to stop milking established show so they turn it into 5 year project .

For example- Almost 80% are excited and discussing about swimming pool scene rather than izzat ke badle izzat thing , as how can they show something like that.

Edited by Winterberry - 1 years ago
vizard thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

These dramas are also good in a way that they bring in money for the channels that can be used to create dramas that are focused on quality storytelling and something different that does not have a built-in audience and may be a risk for the channel.

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

These dramas are also good in a way that they bring in money for the channels that can be used to create dramas that are focused on quality storytelling and something different that does not have a built-in audience and may be a risk for the channel.

Well said. As long as channels don’t become greedy and only land up making these kind of shows, it’s fine. Because we know what happened with ITV…all the channels started making the same shows. I hope companies that own two channels redistributes income earned from massy shows to classy shows, varna hum jo beech ke latakne vaale hai ..l.humari mati tou Ekta aur Gul ne murder tou kar hi diya hai.

But we did see a revolution in diversity of web shows and movies in India. In fact YouTube series like dice media was born because of frustration of ITV shows.

Edited by columbia - 1 years ago
madhuvan thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

What is KAM 3?

KAK is most watched on YT but honestly I never got to know about it's popularity in India.

I think Tere Bin will beat them all with the way it's going. Recent episodes are hitting 20m in just 3-4 days.

madhuvan thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

If there was no PSL , the trp last week would have been huge like 15+

https://twitter.com/HarPalGeoTv/status/1626617573789011970?t=9YuLWfzLc0nwd-EdpGKsxg&s=19