Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Winterberry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: columbia

Basically, if we cannot feel for all characters, it is a badly written show. At the same time, if we are unable to look at things objectively, we are letting our personal bias influence what we feel about how the characters behave or should behave.

it is very obvious that the show is written in a way that allows certain liberties to the ML but the FL has lesser liberties. We may say that’s how society is, but it is also possible that we think such imbalance is needed or we choose to think that there are other ways to make up for this imbalance

Meerab is stupid

Murtasim is hot headed

Meerab is a brat

Murtasim is controlling

Meerab is selfish

Murtasim is conservative

Meerab is naive

Murtasim is tenacious

Somehow we hold the woman responsible for her actions whereas the man is beholden to his circumstances. And that notion is manipulated by regressive storytellers.

As a viewer of this show, I don’t “feel” for any of them. The actors are good looking and the push pull romance is fun to watch. If I was to break down every action logically, I honestly would stop watching the show. Whether we want to accept it or not, this show is regressive. It’s not about what happened to Meerab, or how Murtasim can or should do, it’s how the show is written. It’s quite standpat, plain and simple.

So true , the entire premise of these shows are itself so logic less so trying to find logic in characters, their circumstances and actions is so worthless .
But the best part is watch for pleasure , discuss for fun 🤩 and make so many friends.

Also sacrificing ML and Magroor ( is this how it’s called) FL stories are so bland!

We all should learn from Hasan Chowdhary.It’s like he waits to do tere bin review just like how most of viewers wait for the this own review.

Edited by Winterberry - 1 years ago
reshamc thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I think you are confusing Twitter fangirls with the members of this forum. I don't think any of us are bashing Meerab or hating Yumna in this thread. At least, not in the literal sense.

End of the day, this is a tv show. We watch it to get entertained. Yes the story is heavily biased towards the ml character and willfully shows the fl in a bad light. In real life, I would not want a Murtasim in my life. He is too controlling and regressive in his thinking to be an ideal life partner. But good news is this is not real life. It is a show and it is entertaining to watch.

Both wahaj and yumna have done a fabulous job. There is not much of a story here. But it is their scenes and chemistry that is making this show so highly watchable. Not everything is meant to be analysed and criticised. We can just watch this show on a superficial level without going into the deeper meanings of life and patriarchy.

In the past, many of us have blamed Murtasim when he slapped Meerab. Just this weekend, we all spent pages criticising him over the izzat ke badle izzat fiasco. So it is not like we are blind to his faults. This is not Twitter. Most days the discussion is very balanced and neutral here. But we choose to ignore the faults in the story so we can enjoy the show. Hope you can too without going deep into it.😳

reshamc thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Winterberry

We all should learn from Hasan Chowdhary.It’s like he waits to do tere bin review just like how most of viewers wait for the this own review.

I have never been a viewer of SH. But tere bin has made a fan of Hassan too😳. He just enjoys the show so much. I look forward to his reviews as much as I look forward to the actual episodes. It is a perfect balance of fangirl behaviour and trying to find logic in the plot. Plus, his love for Wahaj makes his reactions too funny 😂

I follow his review for Mujhe Pyaar hua tha also. And he is equally deewaana over Saad too. It is a breath of fresh air to see a fully grown man gushing over another man so openly and publically 😊

zooni.blue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Waiting not just for the show but also the interview... going totally bonkers here

Winterberry thumbnail

Originally posted by: reshamc

I have never been a viewer of SH. But tere bin has made a fan of Hassan too😳. He just enjoys the show so much. I look forward to his reviews as much as I look forward to the actual episodes. It is a perfect balance of fangirl behaviour and trying to find logic in the plot. Plus, his love for Wahaj makes his reactions too funny 😂

I follow his review for Mujhe Pyaar hua tha also. And he is equally deewaana over Saad too. It is a breath of fresh air to see a fully grown man gushing over another man so openly and publically 😊

Agree to see a man gushing over another man is so fun and intact knowing men watch these dramas is itself a new thing to me. I didn’t even know SH exists!but he is riot and so KJo . I do watch pak dramas but mostly those whixh are completed so it’s easy . Almost a decade later TB is one i am following episode wise and its chemistry which got me hooked and also get me back to IF( actually made a new ID, I forgot my old one )

Winterberry thumbnail

Originally posted by: zooni.blue

Waiting not just for the show but also the interview... going totally bonkers here

Patience Bebe patience!

Didn’t elders say sabr ka phal meetha hota hain!

I trust Hasan Chowdhary, he will fangirl all over Wahaj and murtasims shawl.

preciousn905k thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I still can't believe it... Blaming Meerub for her kidnapping...here it was nobody's fault...although I will say Murtasim should have told her...he did not ...he simply asks her to follow him knowing that his wife just does not follow him like that...but he said it with love...and she was sitting...she was not going to disobey him as she tells him the next morning ki main car mei hi bethi hui thi... She followed the baby goats and it's fine..she did not even know that it's not their land....And when she said to the kidnapper that she has nothing to do with it...she was talking about the feud..as she is not from this place and she knows nothing about it... about being thankful...she knows Murtasim saved her ...she was taking his name because she knew he will come for her...and she was concerned for him ...that's why she took all the bullets ...she did not want him to kill anyone for her in anger...although she did it in her impulsive to not create further problem but she should have thought about that he might be attacked ..so gun is required for his safety too...

She did not know the kidnappers are his jaan ke dushman...Maid told her...and she was immediately concerned about him..

Meerub is getting bashed by The fandom ...I have seen it...some understands her...some bashes her for doing it to Murtasim...oh so loving husband... Murtasim is shown to be very good to his wife...and the wife is not accepting him..giving two cents to his goodness...and my god...people are like Meerub is just bratty and ungrateful... really?...

People can blindly worship an alpha male who says to his wife that he will kill her ..Qayamat thing...all that...because it's hot to say that.. he is a macho man....it's about his izzat and the FL is dumb because we look at the hotness but not about the plight of FL. Show is very much biased...Meerub is absolutely right...she takes impulsive decison yes...but she should not be blamed for it when she was not told anything about the feud and it's intensity...and the behaviour she has with Murtasim is what making the show a delight to watch....otherwise it would be too bland...

Any sane girl would not want this kind of khandan and environment..but People think she is creating the problem...she should understand...Murtasim is so nice to her...salute to those people..who thinks a girl should accept whatever happened to her in few days...she should be grateful that she got murtasim...I don't know why should she do that..she should take her time...should not give in...

I love both Wahaj and Yumna...both are talented actors and doing justice to their role...It is because of them...the show is a blockbuster...

I apologise if I am defying anyone's opinion here but could not stop myself writing all this...

Edited by preciousn905k - 1 years ago
954014 thumbnail

Originally posted by: columbia

I for one would love separation, the angst will be fun to watch. But Pak dramas mei seperation for 10 episodes and then they come together in last 5 minutes of last episode. That is super se bhi Upar irritating

last episode is always so rushed in Pakistani shows, its really irritating.. they focus on random shiz until the end and them boom -ende-

they don't even bother tying up loose ends..

Tulip9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Kal tak thread pura ho jana hai 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭