Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Have you started reading yet? 😆 And have you checked out the rest of this thread? There are some R rated fics for you! 😈

I have ardently been following the thread and keeping a note of all the recs

Ummm I kinda forgot the name of the series can you remind me pls...I will try to read it when im done with my current read

Any update on the movie?

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I have ardently been following the thread and keeping a note of all the recs

Ummm I kinda forgot the name of the series can you remind me pls...I will try to read it when im done with my current read

Any update on the movie?

@Bold: Not that I know of, but I haven't been following the latest news.

Do you mean Tessa Bailey's series? It's the Bellinger sisters. Fix her up is by Tessa too.

The other series I reviewed on here is Jennifer Dawson's Something New Series.

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

I hear you about the movie. They can never match up the books usually. Like the Hating game. I did not enjoy the movie at all although they stayed quite faithful to the book! They couldn’t capture the chemistry I guess. I don’t know what it is but I’m not gonna expect a lot from the movie. But the book is absolutely worth it. I have Fix her up sitting on my shelf- need to get to it soon but distractions get in the way all too often! 😔

It is sorely disappointing when they cannot match actors to the character's personality and how the author described.Even worse when they can't act or portray the characters properly. I don't know if you've come across Passionflix. Tosca Musk is turning books into movies and the budget is low so the movies aren't that great even if they are keeping it close to the books. As their budget is low, it's new faces and most of them cannot act. It is why I tend to avoid the movies because every single time, the book is better 😂

Time constraints and distractions are really mood killers. I've been stuck and trying to push and make time for myself in between the office and the house work (and surfing the web). I'm setting up goals this month to tick off some books off my reading list 😂 I hope it helps and lessens my screen time endlessly scrolling on my phone, if I finish them, I get to treat myself to 3 new paperbacks next month. These are my goals this month 😂

334393117_1279060572966990_5978484082690389747_n.jpg

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

Originally posted by: Queen0fDarkness

It is sorely disappointing when they cannot match actors to the character's personality and how the author described.Even worse when they can't act or portray the characters properly. I don't know if you've come across Passionflix. Tosca Musk is turning books into movies and the budget is low so the movies aren't that great even if they are keeping it close to the books. As their budget is low, it's new faces and most of them cannot act. It is why I tend to avoid the movies because every single time, the book is better 😂

Time constraints and distractions are really mood killers. I've been stuck and trying to push and make time for myself in between the office and the house work (and surfing the web). I'm setting up goals this month to tick off some books off my reading list 😂 I hope it helps and lessens my screen time endlessly scrolling on my phone, if I finish them, I get to treat myself to 3 new paperbacks next month. These are my goals this month 😂

I have heard of Passionflix but haven’t watched anything on it yet. And from your post, it’s good I haven’t! 😅 I liked The Hating Game even if it left me a little wanting in the end. Couldn’t pinpoint what it was about that book that left me dissatisfied but yeah the movie was way worse. The actors just couldn’t translate that chemistry onto the screen. I love your list, are these mostly romance? Please do post your reviews on here once you’ve finished reading, I’ll definitely be checking some of them out! 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romcom Reigners

334393117_1279060572966990_5978484082690389747_n.jpg

Hellooooo! 🤗

I've read four of these some in January some in February. 

'Things We Hide from Light' is definitely going to be my next read but before that I'll skim through 'Things We Never Got Over' once again to remember everything since I read it last year lmao. 

The cover and summary for the last book of the series is out this week too. Lucian-Sloane's book, which was what I wanted after Book one. Anyway I hope Book 2 is good.😆

I have heard of Passionflix but haven’t watched anything on it yet. And from your post, it’s good I haven’t! 😅 I liked The Hating Game even if it left me a little wanting in the end. Couldn’t pinpoint what it was about that book that left me dissatisfied but yeah the movie was way worse. The actors just couldn’t translate that chemistry onto the screen. I love your list, are these mostly romance? Please do post your reviews on here once you’ve finished reading, I’ll definitely be checking some of them out! 

They are romances, some of them dark romances 😏 

I gear towards romance fictions because real life is pretty crap most of the time so I want a HEA 😂

I don't know if I can do spoiler free reviews 😂. I do post revies on goodreads and tend to rant if I did not like the book or gush about the book if I swooned and fell in love 😂.

I shall try my best! 

Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel

Hellooooo! 🤗

I've read four of these some in January some in February. 

'Things We Hide from Light' is definitely going to be my next read but before that I'll skim through 'Things We Never Got Over' once again to remember everything since I read it last year lmao. 

The cover and summary for the last book of the series is out this week too. Lucian-Sloane's book, which was what I wanted after Book one. Anyway I hope Book 2 is good.😆

Hiya! I have heard mixed reviews of the second book from a few book groups but I'm putting those to the back of my mind and going to read it myself and hope it is going to be as good as things we never got over. I absolutely loved the first book. 

Lucy Score is one of my favourite authors and I have had the honour of meeting her during a book event last year. I got her to sign the books I had then had her sign bookplates to stick into the books I buy of hers. 

I don't tend to do a re-read because I am one of those that needs space because reading up on the family or brothers right after etc makes it odd for me to read. I don't know why, I am probably just an odd person 😂

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

They are romances, some of them dark romances 😏 

I gear towards romance fictions because real life is pretty crap most of the time so I want a HEA 😂

I don't know if I can do spoiler free reviews 😂. I do post revies on goodreads and tend to rant if I did not like the book or gush about the book if I swooned and fell in love 😂.

I shall try my best! 

If they aren't Spoiler-free just put them under 'Mature post'. I'm a spoiler junkie so idc! 😆

Ikwym about HEAs and romances, I tend to read a lot of romances too - you can probably tell from my reviews so far! 😆

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romcom Reigners

Hiya! I have heard mixed reviews of the second book from a few book groups but I'm putting those to the back of my mind and going to read it myself and hope it is going to be as good as things we never got over. I absolutely loved the first book. 

Lucy Score is one of my favourite authors and I have had the honour of meeting her during a book event last year. I got her to sign the books I had then had her sign bookplates to stick into the books I buy of hers. 

I don't tend to do a re-read because I am one of those that needs space because reading up on the family or brothers right after etc makes it odd for me to read. I don't know why, I am probably just an odd person 😂

That's so great! ❤️

I have read that the second book doesn't compare to the first but Imma read it anyway. Things We Never Got Over was actually mad great! I inhaled that book. But was kinda waiting for Lucian's book yk? I thought we'd get that considering there were hints all over. They seem intense. 

Still will wait until I read. Probably Monday. I'll finish both my current reads by Sunday I guess. 

Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel

That's so great! ❤️

I have read that the second book doesn't compare to the first but Imma read it anyway. Things We Never Got Over was actually mad great! I inhaled that book. But was kinda waiting for Lucian's book yk? I thought we'd get that considering there were hints all over. They seem intense. 

Still will wait until I read. Probably Monday. I'll finish both my current reads by Sunday I guess. 

Same here! I think it's going to be great book and cannot wait for the third as well to come out. I have not come across any that I have not loved of hers.