[FOR 90'S LOVERS] Your favorite movie of the year 1999 ? [LAST ONE]

Poll

[FOR 90'S LOVERS] Your favorite movie of the year 1999 ? [LAST IN SERIES]

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
1247363 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

This is the very last poll for the 90's lovers for the movies each year, but don't get dishearten folks, I will continue to make the [FOR 90S LOVERS] series of polls based on each year, the next one will be for the actresses, actors, songs, directors etc, so the party is still not over, infect it just got started, so yayyyy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿค—.

The very last year of the 90's decade in Bollywood ,1999, COMPLETELY belong to Salman Khan. Infect the whole decade of 90s belonged to Salman among all OF THE 3 Khans, started with a bang in 1990 with Baaghi and gave him 6 consecutive hits till 1991 to make him the overnight superstar. In 1994 gave him Hindi language's biggest hit in the entire history of Indian cinema Hum Aapke Hain Kaun followed by many blockbusters and superhits each and every year unlike others and ended with 1999 giving ALL 3 TOPMOST HITS of 1999 named to Salman with an ATBB Hum saath saath hain followed by super hits Biwi No1 and Hum dil de chuke sanam.

Both beauty queens and Miss world & universe Aishwarya & Sushmita delivered their careers' first hits in 1999 with Salman Only.

I include top-10 box-office hits only of each year in the 10 poll options, but I am taking a bit of liberty here dropping one of the movie and including the masterpiece psychological thriller KAUN in the list as it is such a brilliant film that rarely comes out of the Bollywood, a songless thriller which engages the audience from start to end, RGV gave one of his career's best and so does Urmila & Manoj Bajpayee as well, Kaun was a successful film at the box-office as well, the climax hits the viewer like a tons of bricks. Urmila gave 2 more moderately successful but very beautiful movies in 1999 MAST and KHOOBSURAT but those could not make it in the top 10 just like KAUN, but great choice of scripts of Urmila, nonetheless.

Aishwarya Rai tasted success for the first time with HDDCS and made an iconic beautiful pair with Salman Khan onscreen, sadly 1999 was also a breakup year for their real-life love story. Ash delivered another memorable hit Taal and the 1st (and last) directorial of Rishi Kapoor Aa abb laut chalain which was a flop but a good film.

For Kajol 1999 was a moderately successful year with HADMRH but nothing compared to the extra ordinary year for her which was 1998, her ambitious project Dil kya kare turned out to be a flop and so does her late release Hote hote pyar ho gaya(earlier titled as Chhal).

Aamir khan once again delivered a superhit in a tough role after Ghulam in Sarfarosh and shed his lover boy image which he buildup earlier. Although his romantic movie Mann was one of the top 10 earners of 1999. Manisha also had a better year with Mann and Kachche Dhaage.

Raveena had a bad year with all flops while Karishma had a fairly good year with HSSH, HMJG and Jaanwar.

Mahima had her 2nd release DAAGH which was her 2nd hit as well.

The 90s top-3 queens had a very bad year in 1999 and this basically ended their rule. Sridevi had no release; Madhuri had a flat flop Aarzoo and Juhi had a straight away rejected Arjun Padnit.

It was end of a very memorable and glorious era for all three of them which finished on a sour note in 1999.

Sunny Deol released his first ever directorial Dil Lagi which although a flop but was well appreciated for its quality and was a very well-made movie.

Sangharsh although was a flop but remembered for Ashutosh Rana's creepy role and mind-blowing performance.

Although Vaastav did not made in the top 10 hits at the box-office for the year 1999 but was a successful movie and gave Sunjay Dutt's his career's first ever award of the best male lead actor, a very memorable cult movie as well. Although his Kartoos was a flop but a beautiful movie nonetheless (although not an original one). His HMJG was also a hit film and his first ever comedy with Govinda.

Hu Tu Tu, Split wide open (my favorite crossover Hin-Glish movie of Rahul Bose) and Shool were memorable and well-liked art movies of this year.

1999 has not done much for Srk with an average fare Badshah after a very successful year 1998.

All in all, 1999 was a much better year compared to last few years for Bollywood specially than 1996 and made the 90s decade ended on a memorable note. The quality of cinema also got improved with few movies and finsihed the 90s decade on a happy end. ๐Ÿ˜Š

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by kingkhan22 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1247363 thumbnail

SPECIAL MENTIONS

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voted for HDDCS cuz that is the only movie I watched out of the list๐Ÿคฃ.. The same friend who made me watch Srk movies made me watch this movie too very long back.

Maroonporsche thumbnail
642126 thumbnail

The year totally belonged to Salman and Ash.

My fav films content wise are Sarfarosh and Earth. Aamir truly came of age as an actor in 1999 and shed his lover boy image.

His change of heart and handing away Nandita to mob is chilling and so are his expressions when he sees bodies of his relatives in train. Earth haunts me all the time...

Entertainment wise I have seen HSSH, HDDCS, Biwi no1 and Haseena Maan jayegi the most.

HSSH was shown most to us as kids as it was considered a clean family film. I found it bakwas.

I liked Manoj in Shool. Shool is from 1999, no?

kusima thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

The amount of times I have watched HSSH๐Ÿ˜†, It'd be unfair of me to name some other movie. I also loved sarfarosh.

1247363 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

The year totally belonged to Salman and Ash.

My fav films content wise are Sarfarosh and Earth. Aamir truly came of age as an actor in 1999 and shed his lover boy image.

His change of heart and handing away Nandita to mob is chilling and so are his expressions when he sees bodies of his relatives in train. Earth haunts me all the time...

Entertainment wise I have seen HSSH, HDDCS, Biwi no1 and Haseena Maan jayegi the most.

HSSH was shown most to us as kids as it was considered a clean family film. I found it bakwas.

I liked Manoj in Shool. Shool is from 1999, no?

Yes Shool is a 99 movie.

Have you seen Kaun?

If not then I will strongly recommend it to you.

If yes then like to know your views about it.

Thanks.

-------------

642126 thumbnail

Raveena did well that year with films like Daman and Shool.

Otherwise seen only as a glam doll. She showed she could be a mature actress as well or play a simple housewife too.

Karishma also did great that year with HSSH, Biwi no.1.

I thought Sushmita was utterly gorgeous in Biwi no. 1 and set screen on fire in Mast mahaul song in Fiza next year in 2000. Sush had blazing screen presence. I wish she worked on her emoting and acting too.

Ash won new set of fans that year. She was always famous for beauty but proved her acting chops in Taal and HDDCS. Everyone was praising her. Her posters were everywhere and her pic was on students' registers and notebooks too. SRK had weakest year that time with no commercial or critical success except an appearance in Hey Ram (is it from 1999 or 2000?).

Rani and Preity were also giving faltu films in 1999.

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Hum dil de chuke sanam