Kantara - News, Reviews, Posts

nutmeg7 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I watched the movie. Found it good especially the build-up to the climax - It is just phenomenal. I read a lot. Sharing news and everything related to the movie. 

Director: Rishab Shetty

Starring: Rishab Shetty, Kishore, Achyuth Kumar, Pramod Shetty, Sapthami Gowda

Kantara' is a village backdrop film, an ecological drama about the conflict between humanity and nature where the police can be seen condemning the customs of locals sparking a feud between locals and the cops. The film title has a tagline calling it a 'dhanta kathe' or a legend. Set in the fictional village of Dakshina Kannada, Kantara is a visual grandeur that brings alive the traditional culture of Kambala and Bhoota Kola art form to the fore. The soul of the story is on human and nature conflict which is deeply rooted in the coastal culture and folklore of Karnataka.

The movie is also from the Hombale Films banner which has produced the hugely successful KGF series.

https://youtu.be/MTECjlKUgEE

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Rishab Shetty on how he juggled acting with direction: 

Acting and directing the movie certainly put him under pressure, he confessed.

Rishab Shetty said: Directing a scene and jumping in to enact my role was certainly tough. But I never let the others sense it. Looking back I don't think I can go through it again

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Interestingly, the story of the movie has its genesis in a real-life incident that happened thirty years ago in his hometown. Shetty stumbled upon the seed of his story in the course of random conversation he had about organic farming to with his friend during the Covid lockdown. Locking the subject immediately, he delved into his own memories from younger days, and 'Kantara' was born.

"In coastal Karnataka region, agricultural land is not merely land, it involves divinity. Every aspect of life is associated with that earth. I looked at agricultural land as a bridge between man, god, and beliefs. I felt that it's also important to tell the outside world about our culture and traditions," Rishab Shetty explained.

After making his presence felt with interesting movies made on modest budgets, Rishab Shetty is happy that 'Kantara' which was made on a relatively high budget has made its mark at the box office.

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Must watch song: Varaha Roopam. Rendered by Ajneesh Loknath and Sai Vignesh, Varaha Roopam is a masterpiece in Carnatic fusion with the nadaswaram capturing the tone of the film and its setting to perfection. 

https://youtu.be/gH_RYRwVrVM

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Saptami Gowda on Kantara:

When I was first approached for this project I had no idea about how this character would look on screen or even the name of the movie.

But, just the excitement of getting to work with the super talented Rishab sir and his team made me want to be a part of the project with all of my heart '#Kantara'

After the first script reading, during my workshop stages is when I knew that Leela will remain forever special to me and I'm blessed to get the chance to put life into the character.

I’m so thankful to you for giving me this opportunity and choosing me to play Leela. Hope I've filled life to Leela the way that you had imagined.

Thank you for giving me such a beautiful song #SingaraSiriye in my career. Overwhelmed with the love that people are showering towards ಶಿವ - ಲೀಲ.

Thank you for being Shiva to Leela.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjxYD5IphNs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Kantara Producer on the movie's Hindi release 

Speaking on the Hindi release of 'Kantara', the producer Vijay Kiragandur said: "Kantara is in a different genre from KGF. We wanted the world to see the distinct cultural identity that we are proud of. The movie spells out sacred customs and traditions, hidden treasures and generational secrets with the backdrop of uniquely rugged, charming landscapes of Coastal Karnataka. The distinct storyline of the movie is surely going to intrigue the fans nationally as well as globally. We have plans to release Kantara in different languages too in the coming week."

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Appreciation Posts for Kantara

Anil Kumble says, "Fantastic movie. Very gripping!! Great to see Kantara to a packed house."

Prashant Neel, the director of KGF series, mentioned that just watched a classic in theatres.

"Kantara movie is Simply superb, Simply phenomenal and Simply Rishab!!!! Congratulations to Ajaneesh (music director) ArvindKashyap, the infallible Hombalefilms and the entire team. Rishab Shetty....... Speechless!," he said.

Edited by nutmeg7 - 1 years ago
nutmeg7 thumbnail

Prabhas wrote, "Thoroughly enjoyed watching Kantara, especially the climax. Congratulations to the entire team and wish you all the success."

"Watched #Kantara for the second time and what an extraordinary experience it has been! Great concept and a thrilling climax. A must watch film in theatres!!! 👍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjsezlXvd0M/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Prithviraj Sukumaran said, "Kantara is a glorious cinematic achievement! Rishabh Shetty is an absolute genius both in front and behind the camera!" Hombale films, What a mind-blowing portfolio of content you're building. Thank you for leading the way! Brace for a beyond spectacular last 20 minutes."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjdTZLpPH9j/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Kannada superstar Kichcha Sudeep has written a long note showering appreciation on 'Kantara'. "We do witness films that are good and fantastic. But rarely do we come across one that leaves us speechless. 'Kantaara' is one such film which left a huge impact. A simple plot, exceptionally well written and fantastically conceived..," he says.