Rupali can act.. a wave of nostalgia

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

I was just seeing the first 2-3 episodes of an old serial 'Aapki Antara' in youtube today.

I used to see it with my mom when I was small.

But I just realized the Rupali was in that.. Well.. she is only there for 1-2 episodes and then she is dead for the full show.. but even in that few scenes, she kinda acted good.... That made me think... Rupali can act so naturally..

And not to forget, her comedic timing in Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai..

I also enjoyed her performance in a show where she was acting with Shweta Tiwari.. Parvarish( ?)

Even in Anupama.. her initial performance where she started rebelling against Vanraj was so good..

Watching Anupama these days.. made me forget this fact.. I really forgot that Rupali was a nice actress.

That just shows that with proper direction and nice writing, talented actors can shine.. but even talented actors lose their shine when the story looses its direction.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DailySoapBai thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

As Dr. Simran in Sanjeevi she was good as well. She is a good actress no doubt. But like you said the script has to back the actor as well 

TianaWrites thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5

Trollbaaz

For me, i watch any show for the story. If the story is good, I am ok with even mediocre acting. She has said many times she is a director's actor. If the story doesn't backup an actor, it's going to affect their acting. There are times in this same show when she has acted excellently imo. I really felt sad for her during the first ema reveal, the breakdown etc was so real. I feel a lot of actors in the show have gone down in terms of acting including RG, GK, SP, MS... The male characters are mostly props standing behind and giving expressions. Of course there were scenes when the excelled but now I feel it's ott in many places because that's exactly how the story is written and directed.

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Drama Enthusiasts

Rupali  in Sanjivini

https://youtu.be/lyywVD8P5_U

Asur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 4

Trollbaaz

I agree. But good acting kinda lifts a serial up. Otherwise, as you said, I have also watched shows that attracted me even when the lead actor was horrible at acting e.g. Vivian in PKYEK. I love that show and Abhay but Vivian🤔

I hope there are no Vivian fans here. Otherwise I'm gone🤣 

umawanderer thumbnail

OH MY GOD!!! 

I never a episode but my best friend just made it a point to say every single detail of the that show... every lunch break.. every single lunch break...

I kinda felt timid in front of her over excitement... and couldn't say I didn't enjoy the vampire show😆😆

Oh I hate that show!!!

Edited by umawanderer - 1 years ago
ChirpyKiya10 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: CheekuKaBeej

I agree. But good acting kinda lifts a serial up. Otherwise, as you said, I have also watched shows that attracted me even when the lead actor was horrible at acting e.g. Vivian in PKYEK. I love that show and Abhay but Vivian🤔

I hope there are no Vivian fans here. Otherwise I'm gone🤣 

vivian toh baad mei, pehle pkyek toh pata ho😆

umawanderer thumbnail

I love a show which has a nice story..

But shows also depend on the actors capacity.

One of my  favorite shows was 'Ek hazaaron mein meri behna hai' In that the guy who played the second ML (I forgot the actors name) was literally a single expression guy...  I just fast forwarded his scenes when he was shown alone.. The other actors nice job.. but the story was so good.. It was about 2 sisters who loved each other unconditionally... so I could ignore this one actor.

But when actors can act along with a good story it just gives a whole new experience..

For example: 'Tere Liye' had a nice story and the actors all did such a nice job portraying their parts.. I even felt that the main villian was kinda sympathetic..

I have also seen a version where the actors did a good job.. but the story was 'meh'.. eg 'Devanshi'  the child actors and the both the actresses were so good to watch.. but even though I enjoyed watching the show for the actors, I got bored because of the story...

So TL;DR

As Show are mostly a audio-visual experience, I feel a show with good actors and a nice story makes much more impression

Asur thumbnail

Trollbaaz

Originally posted by: umawanderer

OH MY GOD!!! 

I never a episode but my best friend just made it a point to say every single detail of the that show... every lunch break.. every single lunch break...

I kinda felt timid in front of her over excitement... and couldn't say I didn't enjoy the vampire show😆😆

Oh I hate that show!!!

i actually loved that show, even though not to the extent that I'll share it's details in every lunch break🤣

And you are right about EHMMBH. I couldn't watch that show for I don't know what reasons😆but i did see somewhat here and there and Kushal is really meh. Can't act at all.

I watched tere liye (couldn't complete) pata nahi kyun🤣

Maybe if I lose interest, I can't keep up, no matter how much I loved a show in the beginning.

Asur thumbnail

Trollbaaz

Originally posted by: ChirpyKiya10

vivian toh baad mei, pehle pkyek toh pata ho😆

Pyar ki ye ek Kahaani. Star one show. A love story of vampire😳😆

I'm still singing... Dil ibadat kar Raha hai Dhadkane meri sun...

Just the zikr of this show reminds me of that song. It used to play in the lead pair❤️😆