Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sidhhiti thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Let's see your guesses are right or not.

Thank you so much 🤗

Sidhhiti thumbnail

Part- 2

Aartii's pov

"Pari, stop being so stubborn! You know that I am trying to find a house for us, we can't live here forever!" I said.

"But di, why I can't be friends with him? He's so cool...h-he shared his library with me..and he even said he'll sign books for me and my friends. I want-

"Stop it! I don't trust him...he's not a good company to be with.and the only books you should be reading is your school's books only! So stop wasting your time and money on useless things. I....

"Excuse me! Did you just say that books are useless?"

I turned around and saw him standing near the door, angrily. His hazel-greenish eyes stared at me without blinking, sharp eyebrows were frowning softly like he was trying to hide his anger. Honestly,

I wasn't surprised to see him here..he has a tendency to listen to our conversation sneakily without caring about the privacy.

I crossed my arms over my chest and returned his gaze without blinking my eyes.

"Yes! It's useless and....

"Pari, if you'll excuse us, I would like to chat with your sister..." Pari nodded and closed the door behind her.

"So you think it's useless-do you know how much writing means to me or any other writer?! To me, it's something I love... adore and I am passionate about !- he walked closer to me and I stepped back until my back was pressed against the wall.

"l am not one of your fans who will be smitten by your words! Nor do I have time to listen to your utter nonsense talks!" I pressed my hand on his chest and diverted my eyes from him.

"You don't know what you are saying, sweetheart?

But I assure you..that you'll know how powerfull canwords be...and not only you'll be smitten but fall in love with them!" He whispered in my ear, softly and then left.

Yash's Pov

I walked to my room still thinking about her...how can someone, not like books?! I paced in my room back and forth.

'Calm down, Yash! I told myself.

My reaction can be thought of as an overreaction but for me, it's different... because I had never met a person who don't like books until now! It's okay if she doesn't like the book but she doesn't have a right to change someone else's opinion.

I opened my laptop and started writing a plot for my story but whenever I tried to type something I backspaced everything as I couldn't think of that fit the story. Great now I was experiencing a

writer's block!

Abruptly, I closed the laptop and grabbed a book

and started to read it to take off my mind from

her...

Aarti's Pov

What does he think of himself?! | hate how his

Hazel-greenish looks at me with so much

curiosity... hate how he can't keep his distance

from me..uh l hate him!

"Aarti Dii..."

"Yes, Pari..." I replied in a stern tone.

"Umm Suraj uncle has called you...he wants to talk to you." Radhi said.

"Okay,"

"Uncle, you called me?" I asked knocking on the door.

"Yes beta, please come in."

l opened the door and saw Yash standing by, his head turned in my direction, his striking eyes mine andl immediately broke the eye contact shifting my attention to uncle.

"Dad, What she is doing here? I thought you only wanted to talk to me?" He said looking at me.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you both of you,"

Uncle said removing his glasses and placing them on the table. "Yash...Aarti...my friend Satyendra was much more than a friend to me...He was my family...before dying he told me his last wish...and I hope you both will help me to complete his wish.."

"Dad... don't know about others." He glanced at me with a pointed look. "But I promise you that I'Il do whatever you'll say." He said with a smile.

"Thank you, Yash...his last wish was that... Aarti will marry you...and now you have agreed to fulfill his last wish...the rest is up to Aarti now."

As soon as uncle finished his sentence the smile on Yash's face, vanished instantly.

"What's your decision, beta?" Uncle asked.

I felt my breath shortened and everything around me, moving...My dad never asked anything from me before..if this is what he wanted then so be it.

"I will marry him," I said.

"Thank you, Aarti.." I nodded slowly without saying anything.

"Marriage?! Dad...I cant... am only 28...I have a career to build--

"You have promised! Don't be dramatic...When I was 28...You were already 3 years old and I was still working...so stop your drama..l will see you tomorrow at the breakfast table. When I will announce the wedding date.....Good night!"

Uncle said before heading to his room.

"You! wait!..I said wait!" He pulled me holding my wrist. "You could have denied the marriage!"

"Look who's talking!" I laughed non-humorously.

"Weren't you the one who said..let me quote "Dad... don't know about others but l promise you that I'l do whatever you'll say." I said imitating his voice.

"Okay..Okay.. agree that I became a little overconfindent...but can't you deny this wedding? I am too young to get married."

I narrowed my eyes, on his statement.

"Listen, Mr.!...What do you think? That I am older than you and ready to get married? I am still in the first year of college...At least you have completed your studies and I am-Never mind...If you don't want to get married then talk to your dad..because

I can't do anything..okay? Bye." I said before going to my room.

Yash's Pov

"Dad! Dad!" I knocked on the door, continuously until the door opened.

"Yash, Your dad doesn't want to talk to you right now...so wait until tomorrow?!" Mom said.

"Mom, It's important!"

"Wait until tomorrow, dear. Good Night." Mom said before closing the door.

I was feeling very agitated about my current situation. To ease my mind, I went to the rooftop library...

"Pari? What are you doing here? Aren't you sleepy, dear?" I asked as I spotted her sitting with a book in her lap.

"I know that uncle wants you to get married to my sister.."She said closing her book.

"Then you also know that I don't want to marry her?" I said taking a seat near her.

"Yes." She nodded.

"Why can't your sister back off this marriage?! Gosh...l hate.." I stopped in a midsentence, realizing what I was just going to say about her in front of her sister.

"..Hate her...don't stop. say it..Take it all out." She said.

"l am sorry it just came out...anyway what are you doing here?"

"I kinda knew you'd come here... Yash, you know why Aartii di, wouldn't back off from this marriage.-Because this is the last wish of our dad, he never asked anything from us before. He always let us do whatever we liked, whatever we wanted..during his last time she wasn't with him,

she was in a different city for her studies...Dad

didn't tell her about his illness...and when she got to know about him it was too late..." Pari said looking in deep thought.

"Somewhere she feels guilty for not being there for dad, even though it's not her fault...Listen, bhaiya, I am not defending her or anything.just letting you know that why she's doing what she's doing? Now, it's up to you.that's all."

"Thank you, Pari," I said meaning it.

"Don't mention it. Anyway, it's very late...l will go to bed. Good night!" She said with a smile.

"Good night." I smiled back.

"Looks like we are getting married, Miss Aarti

Dubey!" I said looking blankly at the deem light of a lamp kept on the table near me.

In the morning dad announced our wedding date which was in a week, mom, Pari and dad looked happy but we both were sitting in silence without looking at each other...

The day went in a blur...

Aarti's pov

"Mr. Scindhiya...are you busy? I need to talk to you." I asked standing by the door of the library.

But he wasn't anywhere to be seen, I peered my head to look for him.l called him again but no response.

I hesitanttly walked inside the deem lighted library... looked for a light switch but suddenly I bumped into something hard and before I could fall l felt hands wrapping around my waist, tightly.

My heart leaped a beat when I saw him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I was looking for you...I need to talk to you." I said standing on my feet.

"Alright, follow me.." he said leading me to a door which led us to a small beautiful garden, and gestured me to sit on the small bench.

"So what do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"I want to know why did you agree for this marriage because last time-

"-l want to keep my promise...you might not

know but your dad always loved me, he was an

important part of my life growing up...though I

hadn't seen him since a long time." He replied.

I looked at him, studiously to see if he was the

same man who was protesting not to get married last night because he's too young for that? To my surprise he wasn't... wonder what made him change his decision is it what he just told me or there's something else that I am not able to see...

"Aarti...there's something I also want to ask you...if you don't mind?" He asked hesitantly.

"Sure, What is it?" I nodded.

"After marriage, I want you to complete your studies and stand on your own two feet... will you do that for me?" He asked staring into my eyes.

Whereas, I was shocked, as I wasn't expecting this from him...maybe I judged him wrongly

"I promise." I replied and he smiled softly before coming near me and towering over me

He took my hand in his and said. "Thank you..

With that, he left me in utter confusion about what just happened. Why was he being so nice to me,

Because all I did, was insulted him and I was so rude to him..

Did he forget all that? No, what if he's being nice for his own profit. But what will he profit from doing this?

Edited by Sidhhiti - 2 years ago
tatum86 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

curious to know why arthi hates to read books like the way she is ignoring yash another shocker was when suraj cornered yash by asking him if he will fulfill his dying friends wish which yash agreed to without knowing what is getting into and arthi made it worse by agreeing to her dads wish .Yash is not happy to marry as yet and his upset with arthi which is not her fault im sure arthi is trying to get back at him for his arrogance

Sidhhiti thumbnail

Yash was being overconfindent in front of Aarti, so he said I'll help in fulfill the last wish. But he wasn't agree to marry Aarti till Pari told about her. After listening Pari he changed his mind

Sidhhiti thumbnail

Part -3

Yash's pov

The wedding day arrived faster than I had thought about it. Our wedding wasn't a very grand one but small and simple one...Only close relative: friends were invited. The wedding took place in our house with all rituals and traditions. It was beautiful...

After a week Aarti, and I moved to my house.

Pari couldn't come with us due to her school

because her school was very far from my house

but she'll be visiting us every weekend.

"Aarti-

"-Where's my room? Because l am not going to live with you in the same room." she said.

"Of course..This is your room, I'll be downstairs. If you need anything just call me.." I replied.

"Thank you."

I picked my typewriter and my other stuff and

moved them to the downstairs room.

I grabbed the house keys and opened the room, as lentered, I noticed that the dust was sitting on the covered furniture in the room. I pulled the covers and dust-off the couch and bed and then the table.

I carefully moved the table near the window and

placed the typewriter on it. Suddenly my phone

rang in my pocket. I answered the call without

looking at the name of the caller.

"Hello?"I said.

"Sir! It's your PA! Where have you been?! There's

something important I want to inform you about!"

"Okay, Arya. What is it?" I said still cleaning my new room.

"Sir, your tour has been finalized for 10 cities

across India! Starting in the next two weeks!" He replied excitedly.

"That's amazing! suddenly I realized that I can't

leave Aarti alone here.

"Arya when you book my ticket..make it two

okay?" I instructed him. "But why Sir? Is there

someone else, is going with you?"

"Yes Arya, my wife. Now do what I have told you

and send me the tickets when you are done, got

it?" I replied.

My gaze traveled to the door and saw her standing.

"Do you need anything?" I asked putting my phone down.

"There's nothing in the kitchen...can you tell me

Where is the supermarket?" She asked.

"Yes, there's a supermarket at least 10 kilometers away from here..."

"Oh, not anywhere near here?" She asked again.

"Nope...Wait for me outside I will take you there."

She nodded solemnly before leaving.

Aarti's Pov

"Aarti ! Come on, get in!" He gestured me to his

black mountain jeep.

When I approached him, he opened the Jeep door and helped me to climb to the seat.

"Thank you," I said.

"Your welcome.."

After a decently not so long drive, we finally reached a supermarket which was smaller in comparison to other supermarkets where l have

been before.

"Writer Sahab!! How are you?! Long time no see!"

An older-looking man greeted him with a quick hug.

"I am good, Ram uncle! How are you and Auntyji?!"

He replied with the same enthusiasm.

"She's good too. -Who's she?" He asked looking at me with a smile.

"This is Aarti, my wife. Aartii, this is Ram-uncle,

owner of this place."

"Namaste." I greeted him.

"Namaste beta," he replied. "Oh...I have to take this call..excuse me.!" He said, hurriedly walking

out of the gate.

"Aarti, buy whatever you want..." Yash said

bringing a trolley.

"You don't have anything in the kitchen except a

tea kettle and tea ingredients...don't you eat at

home?" I asked.

He looked at me like he was embarrassed.

"-yes, I don't eat at home, I order food from a

nearby hotel."

"Okay-I think we'll need one more trolley then.."

I said.

"On it!" He adjusted his glasses and brought one

more trolley. I instructed him to buy some utensils while I collected all the essential food ingredients and fresh vegetables. After completing our shopping we both loaded things on his Jeep and drove home.

"Be careful, let me grab that for you." he took few

bags from my hand while his hand brushed against my skin.

"For the first in years this refrigerator is looking so full, and this kitchen more like a kitchen!" He said admiringly.

"Aarti...what do you think?" He glanced at me

with a smile, reaching up to his eyes.

"Hmm...can you pass me those plates?" I said climbing the stool, reaching a cabinet, but suddenly l lost my balance.

"Here..be careful!." he placed his hand on my

back, and helped me to gain my balance.

"Let me do it" He said.

"Thanks."

He placed the plates in the cabinets, carefully. My eyes gazed up at his lean back without my

realization.. and then back to his perfectly

sculptured body.

"Aarti ! Hello?!" He waved his hand to grab my

attention and I awkwardly composed myself.

"Were..you checking me out?" My eyes widened

and my cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"You were...weren't you?!" He smirked

mischievously.

"N-no, why would I ?" I turned my back and

avoided looking into his eyes.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, Aarru ! After all l am your lawfully wedded husband...and you can look at me anytime you want.." he chuckled.

"I wasn't looking at you...and you might be my

husband but you are not my type!-I don't like

book-nerds or writers!"

"You know it's not that as bad as you think...Just

give me chance and I'll prove it to you!" He said

confidently.

"And what if you fail to prove?!" I replied.

"Then I'll do what ever you want, however, if I win then you have to do I want..so DEAL ?!" He asked

extending his hand.

"DEAL !" I said shaking his hand.

Yash's Pov

'By making this deal she had made a mistake because l never lose!

A Few days later..."

"Okay, Aarru...write down everything we need for

kitchen, We are going to market... and make sure to wear shoes. It's cold outside " I said.

After almost 30 minutes later she gave me the list.

While getting on the Jeep I noticed the her shoe-lace was untied.

"Arru, your shoe lace is untied." Her gaze traveled to her shoe, she nodded and with trembling hands as she tucked the shoe lace in the shoe instead of tying it.

'She doesn't know how to tie shoe?' I looked

studiously at her.

"Let me help you." She removed her hands as

soon as her hand brushed against mine. For a

moment I was taken back by her reaction.

'Doesn't she like me even a bit? We have spent so much time and we live in the same house..does it mean nothing to her? Or we are still on the square one?!'

After parking the Jeep, Aarti and I walked in the

supermarket and I brought the trolley for the groceries.

Later that day..

"Arru , Mom just called, and she said that Pari i

coming tomorrow for the weekend," I informed

her.

"Okay" She replied going upstairs. "Mr. Scindhiya." She stopped in her way and walked downstair approaching me.

"Yes?" I asked

"- if you don't mind...can I ask you something?

"of course, go ahead.

"Pari, will be here tomorrow and I don't want her

see that we live in different rooms..if you are okay with staying in the same room until she's here?

She asked nervously

"'Sure..." I said after a pause

"Thanks,"..

Next morning...

"Sam, is coming to drop her-do you need help

with the breakfast?"

"Ummm I thi-

Before she can say 'no' to my help, I rushed toward her and took the cutting boards and knife from the kitchen-drawer.

"Thank you...just make sure that you minced the

onion, green chillies and tomatoes and be careful with the knife." She said moving to another side.

After cutting green-chillies, I started to cut the onion, my eyes started to hurt and tears ran down my cheeks, uncontrollably. With back of my hand I tired to wipe my tears meanwhile still continuing cut the vegetable. "Aahh....!" l yelped in pain, and the knife dropped on the floor making a sound.

"Oh my god! Are you okay? Did you get hur- your

hand is bleeding...I had told you that be careful

with knife ! Such a careless man! Now come with me!" She dragged me near the sink and kept my hand under running water...

"Sit down..and don't move!" She instructed me

strictly and started cleaning the wound with the

antiseptic and then bandaged it securely.

"Thank you-Ah!"

"What now?!" She stopped in the midway.

"I touched my eyes.." I fell on my knees when my

eyes started to irritate more, due to green-chillies, which I had cut a while ago.

I heard her running toward me. "How can you be

so stupid?!.remove your hands.. let me see."

"Don't call me stupid!"

"Shut up! And stay stil!" She started to dab my

eyes with a cloth, I rapidly blinked as tears prickled in my eyes.

"It's all my fault, I shouldn't have allowed you in

the kitchen!" She mumbled frustratedly

"Okay, now open your eyes!" She said, angrily.

I blinked and blinked until l opened my eyes fully,

It was still hurting a bit but it was better than

before. She gently wiped the tears from my face

and pressed some ice on my eye-lids.

"Please next time, don't even think about helping

me in the kitchen!-You are better off writing your

stories.." she said walking back to the kitchen.

"Hey! That's mean! l just-

"wanted to help me! Look what ruckus you have

created here...now I have to clean all of this!"

"Let me help with that-

"-Mr. Scindhiya, please! Stay where you are..and if you want to help me then please leave me alone until Pari comes!" She said.

Next PART soon.....

Edited by Sidhhiti - 2 years ago
tatum86 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I'm sure arthi will gradually be good to yash because her feelings towards him is clearly coming out by her concern which yash is noticing hoping for the best in next chpt

pooja20_02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yash as a famous writer....and Aarti as somebody who does not like to read a book....this one seems so interesting🔥

AarYa interactions are too cute... especially that deal part and all....really looking forward to see how things are gonna develop between them....pls update soon❤

Edited by pooja20_02 - 2 years ago
Charanjeetkaur thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3

Wonderful start dear

Thanks for pm

Watting for next update

Tessaloni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

It's not Yash she has a problem with, it writers in general. She must have been hurt by one in the past...

Although it doesn't seem like it on the surface, Yash is growing on her. We only yell at people we feel close to like she's doing with Yash...

Thank you for the update.

Sidhhiti thumbnail

Right... You will find out in the next chapter thanks 😆