Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

That little win is a big deal. Two months may not be much time, but it is a big hurdle for the demolition.

coderlady thumbnail

The man has not read the new orders yet. If he is furious now, just wait till he finds out that he can not start the demolition.

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Excavating dirt

“WHO is the judge?” Pradyut towered over Purohit the next morning at the law offices

“Umm.. it says Ravi Kapoor” Purohit looked at him like he was an idiot

“I can read Purohit”

Raman Purohit rolled his eyes “If you are looking for dirt, then umm.. there isn’t much, stand up guy, family kids, grandkids, was transferred to small claims court and accident claims and was removed from enforcement cases

“No I am not looking to bribe anyone” Pradyut was upset

“I know you are not but this man is sparkling clean”

“How can things be done so fast in Chandigarh? WHO did Taruni Bhushan approach, I want you to find out and call me” he paced the office

He made gestures of flinging the basketball into the invisible net

“You play basketball?”

“Sorry?”

“U seem to be aiming” Raman chuckled

“No I have one in my office I shoot some hoops when I think”

“Ah”

Raman stared at him curiously

30? Or just about? Smooth, accomplished, unpretentious, well dressed and vicious

“So?” Pradyut caught him staring

“I was wondering what makes you tick”

“Work” Pradyut sighed leaning on the wall

“I can see that” Raman Purohit leaned back wondering how it must be to be so aggressive

“I want the person’s name and I want to know how soon such cases even receive a hearing date

“No more notices to her for 60 days?”

“I would like to, but since the Judge’s order clearly states we should comply, I don’t want to break the law”

“Did you reprice your offer?”

“Oh if she doesn’t produce the deed on November 1st, We give her 24 hours and move the hydraulic excavators and wrecking balls to it” Pradyut was unapologetic

“I am sorry for the financial blow this is causing your company”

“None thus far actually, we hedge well”

“Oh?”

“So we are good, I have to meet with Ajit Singh later today”

“Are you also planning to meet her”

“Who?”

“Taruni Bhushan”

Hearing that name made him very self conscious

Like it was someone he knew intimately

“Whatt?” he asked again lost in thought

“Are you going to request a meeting with her?”

“She is a bookstore owner’s daughter, not the Pope… its not like I have to get on her calendar, I can walk up to the store and speak” he scoffed

“You’ve been to the store?”

“Yep… to buy a “rare book” air quotes

“Wow”

“I thought it was wrapped sealed and done” Pradyut became irritated again

“She pulled a fast one on you?” Raman was amused

“No the judge decided to misuse his authority”

“I find nothing that states that”

“I don’t know of a nobody getting a stay order 12 hours before demolition in ANY of my projects” he scowled

“You’ve met your match then?”

“You are enjoying this?”

“Umm.. no, but just in admiration of someone from small town Chandigarh taking on Towers Partners India’s 3rd largest developer”

“This is no soap opera”

“No its not… not for her” Raman nodded grimly

“I am getting a call, please email me the things I need on the legal precedent for this in Chandigarh”

Pradyut politely shook hands and left

He drove straight to Zenith Astro

Parked walked up to the store, it was locked, he turned and started walking toward the car

Taruni was on the phone as she parked and locked her car, forgot she didn’t have her purse it had the keys. Tushar had to be at work at 7 he had asked Nidhi to drop his kids off, Nidhi couldn’t find her car keys, so Taruni had to lock up and leave

She turned after looking and stood inches from Pradyut Munjal staring down at her

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: PriteeMisra

Nisha, do we get treat coz of your long weekend? Or would you be going for some weekend trip and we have to wait till you are back?

Yes Nisha. Just like the old days

Edited by jaschick - 2 years ago
coderlady thumbnail

The man knows now. Taruni has one upped him.

coderlady thumbnail

He is not taking it too well. He did not see this coming.

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Predator & Prey

He saw a series of expressions in her eyes. Shock, fear, surprise followed by confidence and contempt

He started to wonder how he is able to read her so good

“Wanted to confirm your defeat?” she muttered turning away after locking the door and walking toward the store

The building had a flight of steps that led to a wrap around patio and then the store was on the left corner from where they faced it

“Did you seek the injunction?”

“I don’t have to answer that” she whispered to herself sprinting toward the stairs

She wore a navy denim shirt dress and flats with a sparkly scarf around her neck that also tied her beautiful hair he noticed

She wore her glasses today and did not look like she cared for him one bit as she walked away uncaring

He of course caught up to her quick as she jiggled the keys unlocking the steel accordion gates, and the glass doors and the multiple level of bolts

“I asked you a question”

“excuse me?” she turned to look at him with rage in her eyes

“U applied for a stay on demolition?”

“Who do u think?”

“60 days is not going to save the store”

“You should worry about the money you are losing instead of how I am going to save the store”

She opened and went in, he actually followed her, she put her bag on the cash register desk and turned to face him hands on her hips

“Please leave or I would have to call the police”

“I could be a customer” he wandered deliberately toward the inside

She texted the lawyer Kareen Seth

“Uncle can I stop him? He is in the store”

“Is he threatening you”

“No he says he is a customer”

“Hmm… don’t know what his plan is”

“He is irritated I got the stay order”

“That was expected beta”

“I don’t know why he is here”

“Aap Subodh (customer attendant) ko phone karo main Harkeerat ko kar leta hoon”

Within an hour both men arrived

Pradyut was still wandering, she did not pay any attention to him

Just going through the information of the boxes and boxes of neatly labeled past year tax forms and Sales receipts Rajesh Bhushan had saved in neatly organized boxes. He wanted it all digitized according to the Accountant Sudhir Grover

As she reviewed the MS-Excel list of what each box contained in the hope that one of them from 1992-1995 time frame contained the conveyance deed

She became emotional. The corporate raider was prowling the store. She had done everything possible to protect Papa’s life savings. The man was merciless… he had driven? Flown down from Delhi last night as soon as she had emailed about the stay order to his company’s generic email

“What a deplorable human being”

“I just want you to know Papa I am going to keep looking the next 59 days and do everything possible to not let the store be demolished” she furiously texted her Papa’s phone

It said “Delivered” and she cried softly

Pradyut came back up front around 3 in the afternoon

With 3 books in hand

Harkeerat stood by her side for “protection” he claimed

She was amused and felt proud of the people Papa had employed

“Aap 5 ghante mein sirf do book laaye?”

“THREE” Pradyut flashed a smile

Subodh came back to the front desk to return the keys to the glass cupboard, he had tailed Pradyut all morning opening the 20 glass cases one by one getting books out putting it back in… over and over and over

“Jo bhi hai…”

“You do want customers to browse right?”

“Zaroor karo jee”

Taruni rang up a couple other customers and pretended to reboot her cash register

“Broken?”

“Nope…” she said coolly

“If you signed on the dotted line today, I would pay u what I originally offered” he said boldly

Harkeerat had texted her secretly

“Yeh jo bhi kahe usko hum record kar lete hain, court mein dikhayenge”

She had pooh poohed it at 10 AM, and now THIS….

She looked at Harkeerat in shock

“Maine kaha tha….” He was angry

“Stay order ke basis par aap 59 days approach nahi kar sakte seller ko aapne rule toda hai” Harkeerat was gleeful

“What did I say?” Pradyut winked mischievously

“ABHI aapne kaha, aap full cash deal karogey”

“I don’t recall anything” he shrugged

He was a snake Taruni fumed

“Thanks” he nodded as Taruni shove the books in a bag

“I will advertise the store… nice bag” he mocked lifting the nice paper bag with a rope handle with an image of a quill and a inkpot on both sides with the address in fine print

“Gee thanks… but not necessary”

“I agree if its going to be razed to the ground it would be a waste of my energy”

“No, we have enough word of mouth return customers, we don’t need predators from Delhi” she smiled sweetly back at him

He sat in his car and thought of her…

PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

The workaholic guy who doesn't waste time in sleeping, visiting home every night is spending 5 hours in shop which he wishes to demolish. Is able to note everything about female when few days back wasn't interested in any.

Sahi jaa rahe ho.

PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

The Girl doesn't have hint for now.

Want to see her all flaring up when she knows why he is actually hanging out at the shop.

Explosive love story.

coderlady thumbnail

She needs to up her game a little more. He is conniving.