Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Kamala05

Right script coupled with great direction and production house will make wonders in any decent actors career in film industry. 

Keerthi suresh was an average actress until Mahanati but that movie changed public's opinion on her. Now nobody can imagine any other actress in that role but I am sure an equally good or better actor like Nithya menon would have created the same impact if she portrayed that role. Same is the case with Alia, Alia is definitely one of the best actress of this generation but she is in this position because of her personal connections in Bollywood.

Bollywood was never an industry known for talented actors in top league,it was always about looks and glamour and Alia though good looking  lacks the looks bollywood demands. If it was not for her connection she would not get the guts to emotionally blackmail Kalanks director and actually say that I would be really upset if you don't finalize me for the lead role. I don't think the industry will pass on positive feedback and promote an outsider to lead directors but a star kid gets all this advantage. Just like Gopichand's kids get special attention in his training centre .

Why Alia is not in the same league of Madhuri, or any of the lead actors of their generation is because they are in this position because of their efforts. They might have made many compromises , sacrifices, just one or 2 flops and directors will not approach them but for insiders if you have some talent you will get ambitious projects as long as you wish to work.  Alia despite of being talented her top position is a group effort.

well said, it cannot be denied that the network has led to all these connections and roles. The fact that she is surrounded by pretty mediocre peers such as ananya and jhanvi has made her shine. In sridevi and madhuri's time, an actress of the caliber of juhi and meenakshi were considered sub par. In earlier days, a nutan was surrounded by a vyjayanthimala, madhubala, waheeda rehman, all powerhouses. rekha, hema, sharmila, rakhee, shabana, smitha, jaya were all facing each other.

also with no connections and network, an actress like gracy singh (beauticul, decent actress, great dancer) with hits like lagaan and munnabhai just faded away. Alia can fail and there are no consequences, she hasn't clawed her way to the top inch by inch the way a kangana or madhuri have done/

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

No more salty. Aloo moved on with Sugar*
*Frooti