Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Tinkerbelle88

No just no. Ranveer I love you, you’re a fab actor and brilliant in it but the movie itself is problematic for me. Why in the world does Bollywood need to put a hero in the forefront in movies that are about women’s issues? That’s just wrong branding and misrepresentation.And not just this movie, there were many more in the past that did the same thing( padman, simba) I mean aren’t the male actors already monopolising everything? At least leave this genre( which is about women) for the women but no! they have to take that away as well. I mean the female lead is just a side character here for God’s sake. The whole narrative is about how cool and progressive Ranveer’s character is, ultimately it’s all about him, his name is in the freaking title. If you wanna make him the hero then do it, but don’t pretend to be all woke and caring about big social issues where the intention is just to cash on Ranveer’s popularity. If they think the audience is that blind or stupid to buy it, they’re wrong. 

Shalini and the girl who plays their daughter are with ranveer throughout the movie, the daughter is shown to be outspoken and she is the one who is motivating her father to be brave and stand upto his parents. They are Jayesh's parents and so he has to face them, but his wife and daughter are shown to be his strentgh and motivation 

Edited by zara321 - 2 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

True..on one hand we say men aren't sensitive to female issues..mainstream actors don't work in such issue based films..and when n actor like Ranveer does we say a female should have led it. 

Would count when we start considering issues as societal and not gender based

Than their is male ego and misogyny. If a female says a good thing also, many men instead of listening to what she is saying, tend to start crying about how females leave them heartbroken and so on or call her feminist and feminazis and so on.

Devdas type idiots are filled in India who tend to have developed a hatred for females because one girl broke their heart, and you can see that crap polluting the comment section of India social media pages and posts.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: IWILLDIESINGLE

Why do only females have to take up female issues. If a movie has a progressive male lead, it would inspire other males and set an example.

Because as a woman, I would rather fight for my own causes and see other women do the same. Having men take up the cause is fine because the world as it is doesn't pay attention to women, but it's like being made side character in a movie about my life.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Because as a woman, I would rather fight for my own causes and see other women do the same. 

Ofcourse but we also need man who can inspire other men to come out of thier box, where either they see women as just sex machine or hate women because they just can't cope with her. See we need to understand that if men start respecting and accepting that women are also an individual of their own, than it would help to speed up the process better. Sometimes men need men to explain them, and women need women to explain them. Yes it would be ideal if it wasn't like that, but sadly we haven't reached a stage, where men listen to women in general.

Tinkerbelle88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MercurialMedusa

Well maybe coz through this particular movie they want to drive the point that woman is not the factor that decides gender of the baby.

OT liked the trailer had zero expectations from this but it is surprisingly entertaining.

but still the execution would have been more better and effective from a woman’s point of view and how she deals with this issue and emerges as a stronger individual with of course support from her husband. Don’t just make it about the husband and his journey alone. It’s women who have to majorly deal with the consequences of this issue in the real world. I have nothing against progressive men, Bollywood needs more of them than anything but they don’t need to be the driving force in female related issues. Let women fight for themselves.

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Tinkerbelle88

but still the execution would have been more better and effective from a woman’s point of view and how she deals with this issue and emerges as a stronger individual with of course support from her husband. Don’t just make it about the husband and his journey alone. It’s women who have to majorly deal with the consequences of this issue in the real world. I have nothing against progressive men, Bollywood needs more of them than anything but they don’t need to be the driving force in female related issues. Let women fight for themselves.

Well he isn't alone in the journey. His wife and daughter are part of the journey as much as he is. Also his journey is not just against the tide but his parents too so guess that's why he is shown as a central character.

briahna thumbnail

I said it before , saying again , this gonna be super fun !

HIT!!

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

trailer is ok but why re they showing the whole movie ? the surprise element is lost

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

The movie looks good. I like the message. I was kind of afraid Ranveer would overdo it but he did well.

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: IWILLDIESINGLE

Ofcourse but we also need man who can inspire other men to come out of thier box, where either they see women as just sex machine or hate women because they just can't cope with her. See we need to understand that if men start respecting and accepting that women are also an individual of their own, than it would help to speed up the process better. Sometimes men need men to explain them, and women need women to explain them. Yes it would be ideal if it wasn't like that, but sadly we haven't reached a stage, where men listen to women in general.

This. 

As long as it helps delivering the message, how does it matter who's leading it. 

Ab patriarchal society hai, toh men delivering the message to men might actually help. Women ki sunte aise bande toh fir issue hi nahi hota. This menace wouldn't have existed/or become this big.