Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Almirah thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: zara321

It’s true that the issue of female infanticide has decreased, however it does still exist. In the Asian culture there are many who still do prefer to have a boy over a girl, yes they aren’t as vocal about it but I have seen it myself, especially the older generations hoping that when someone gets pregnant they have a boy.

In this movie jayesh’s father is a village head, and all he is thinking about is jayesh having a son so that their family can continue to be the head of the village for more generations, because the village isnt going to accept a female village head, even today the heads of villages are male. 

So jayesh has a lot of pressure on him that the other men in the village do not have, plus this movie seems to touch upon other issues of toxic masculinity, such as the girl at the start of the trailer saying some men in the village get drunk and harass the women and she requests that a ban be put on alcohol, but the village head completely disregards her and says the issue is the women using scented soap, this still happens today. 

The movie seems so cute, jayesh, his wife and daughter seem to be such adorable characters, it’s refreshing to see a movie like this, we are mostly seeing high budget action entertainers, so it’s nice to see a smaller budget light entertainer that touches upon an important social issue.

Everyone seems to have acted very well, shalini looks promising the girl who plays their daughter is so good! And wow ranveer, is there any role he can’t do? The most versatile actor! Even for this role his whole look, body language and voice has changed, this is the same guy who played bajirao, khilji and kapil dev, amazing! 

Why are you telling the whole story of the movie to everyone? You are doing wrong. At least add SPOILERS in your post.

Ayushman aur rajkumar Rao busy they kya ?

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Love it! Much needed topic! There’s literally a shortage of women in India because of this very reason. 

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Just read this article on Twitter the other day and now saw this trailer. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/world/too-many-men/

liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Loved the trailer!  Ranveer is such a fine actor!

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

Ayushman aur rajkumar Rao busy they kya ?

ya it seems 

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Almirah

Why are you telling the whole story of the movie to everyone? You are doing wrong. At least add SPOILERS in your post.

There is no spoiler in my post, what i mentioned is shown in the trailer 

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Nice! Ranveer isn't OTT or any typical Gujarati stereotype. I like that!

Almirah thumbnail

Originally posted by: zara321

There is no spoiler in my post, what i mentioned is shown in the trailer 

🤔

Tinkerbelle88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

No just no. Ranveer I love you, you’re a fab actor and brilliant in it but the movie itself is problematic for me. Why in the world does Bollywood need to put a hero in the forefront in movies that are about women’s issues? That’s just wrong branding and misrepresentation.And not just this movie, there were many more in the past that did the same thing( padman, simba) I mean aren’t the male actors already monopolising everything? At least leave this genre( which is about women) for the women but no! they have to take that away as well. I mean the female lead is just a side character here for God’s sake. The whole narrative is about how cool and progressive Ranveer’s character is, ultimately it’s all about him, his name is in the freaking title. If you wanna make him the hero then do it, but don’t pretend to be all woke and caring about big social issues where the intention is just to cash on Ranveer’s popularity. If they think the audience is that blind or stupid to buy it, they’re wrong.