Frequent Posters

anu023 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Only Indian left and India forums folks think of patriotism as crime

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't think I have read any Rahul Desai review that isn't sardonic or dripping in sarcasm. That's his style. He likes to paint absurd critical hyperboles. This one crossed the line by using the misogynist trope of fridging to take a potshot at Yami's acting. It's ok to be sarcastic, but this was a poor judgment call. 

That being said Yami took it a bit too seriously. It is natural to feel hurt and it is perfectly reasonable to call out something that is problematic. I think it would have been fine to say the dead girlfriend reference was uncalled for and a disrespectful criticism. But to denounce an entire platform for one review is just the same as reducing an actor's entire body of work to one trope. 

Even when Anupama panned A Thursday for poor screenplay and unplausible drama - Yami was the only one who was praised. So while Anupama Chopra has her biases, it's not as egregious as Yami makes it seem. Asking a critic to never review your films is a step to far. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She said fans should be more responsible and not patronize Salman films. 

That is a very sick comment 

Not that whiner Yami is better. 

As if Salman fans are going to listen to her. That said Bhai's fans are a separate species altogether. Other than Tubelight they have made all his trashy films hits. So no impetus on him to change his ways like SRK is contemplating now. So more BB and less the Southern masala.

Edited by capricornrcks - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Seems like the Film Companion or rather Anupama has become everybody's favorite punching bag these days. First the Kashmir Files director and now Yami. Just because Anupama refuses to kowtow and praise those hyper-patriotic films. Yes Anupama has her biases just like any other member of the audience and sometimes she forgets to play fair. I don't agree with all her reviews.But does anyone refuse to watch a film just because Anupama says so? The trailer, the starcast and in some cases the director (like Bhansali) has more weight as deciding factors.

A lot of critics these days have no credentials and just echoes the public sentiment in the trailer's youtube video comment or twitter and tailor their review accordingly with a proper clickbait title. At least Anupama is refreshingly different in that respect.

A Thursday was not a patriotic film..leave aside hyper patriotic. Planning to watch Dasvi today but don't think it has a patriotic theme.

It's not necessary to associate criticism of a film critic to irrelevant things. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

A Thursday was not a patriotic film..leave aside hyper patriotic. Planning to watch Dasvi today but don't think it has a patriotic theme.

It's not necessary to associate criticism of a film critic to irrelevant things. 

We seem to be talking at cross purposes. I was talking about the general resentment towards Anupama. The general complaint seems to be that she's not singing praises of popular hyper-patriotic films just like the majority of online critics are doing. For this seemingly unpardonable sin, she's been dumped willy-nilly in the Leftist camp. Then there's another faction who hates her for being erudite and wellspoken. Her choice of English words comes more from the written medium because that's how she's been trained -to be a writer.That's not counting the hate from the Anti-Bollywood faction who hates her because she's part of the establishment. Yami's complaint about not being properly appreciated/unfairly targeted is a separate issue altogether. But she has certainly picked up the right time to whine about Filmcompanion and Anupama.

Edited by capricornrcks - 2 years ago
WhosTheFool thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

It would do a lot of good if people stop taking critics seriously. Especially the likes of Anupama Chopra and all. In the end what they say is from 'their' perspective and biases. Doesn't make it the ultimate truth. Faaltu ke gyaani aur edgelords bane firte hai yeh critics. 

Jisko joh movie dekhni hai, woh dekhega irrespective of what the critics say. I mean I find it absurd to watch or not watch anything just because some crtic had to say something about it. I mean aren't we capable enough to make a call on what to watch and what not to or do we need someone to take that call for us as well? But then that's just me and people can differ. 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Isse mujhe Taapsee ki yaad ai ðŸ˜† These people got no chill though, "Yami is no longer the dead gf in hindi films" ðŸ¤£

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

I second that. Pretty average in everything 

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Yami is boring. She is mostly struck in the same rut. She is not hot nor a star material.

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: anu023

Only Indian left and India forums folks think of patriotism as crime

Crappy films deserve critism. Patriotism and religion is the best topic to garner vote by the politicians.