Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SamirM thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Realityshow

The most viewed Reality Show performance on Sony's SET channel is Arunita's Satyam Shivam Grand Audition performance with 86M views till date.

in spite of the fact that Sony posted multiple videos of SSS by Arunita in Grand Audition!!! I don't understand the reason whereas the viewership surely has been divided to some extent!!
anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Arunita is one in a million. I used to diligently look for flaws in her performances, & would be delighted at my failure ๐Ÿ˜€. There isnโ€™t a single performance of hers that I could term as mediocre.
I dare say that some of her songs were better than the original - for me. Not to bring down the legends who sang these numbers, but she brought it up to a different level. Her dulcet tone, perfect notes & that voice modulation - itโ€™s a heady combination very rarely seen. โค๏ธ. She deserved that win, which I am sure even PD will agree ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Arunita is one in a million. I used to diligently look for flaws in her performances, & would be delighted at my failure ๐Ÿ˜€. There isnโ€™t a single performance of hers that I could term as mediocre.
I dare say that some of her songs were better than the original - for me. Not to bring down the legends who sang these numbers, but she brought it up to a different level. Her dulcet tone, perfect notes & that voice modulation - itโ€™s a heady combination very rarely seen. โค๏ธ. She deserved that win, which I am sure even PD will agree ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The biggest handicap for me post the Arunita Idol era is my inability to appreciate female singers in reality shows any more. Even singers who I held in high regard prior to Arunita's Idol exploits sounded commonplace in Zee SAREGMP and other shows. So, it is forcing me to turn my attention to male singers.... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

felixfelilah thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

The most viewed Reality Show performance on Sony's SET channel is Arunita's Satyam Shivam Grand Audition performance with 86M views till date.

Yep, I have seen that one Arunita and PD steal the top spots in the most viewed Indian Idol videos by far and large. I was referring to in general. Flow's audition is among top 5 most watched performance videos for a reality show in Sony's channel.

Realityshow thumbnail

In Idol10 they scripted the elimination of Soumya to protect Salman Ali. That was almost as bad! ๐Ÿ˜•
That's why I think it is better to watch Idol for the talent - not for who will win. Sony has an opinion on that subject for sure!

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

They won't do that with Faiz. He will not be overtaken on votes. If he is to be eliminated it will happen before voting starts.

They stand to gain with Faiz - his chocolate boy image, popularity, plus his talent. It is a perfect package for a winner. Unless they have an agenda with Mani.

Rituraj may lose out on pan india votes - though I hope it doesnโ€™t happen. This boy has it for a win. ๐Ÿ‘.

Realityshow thumbnail

They stand to gain with Faiz - his chocolate boy image, popularity, plus his talent. It is a perfect package for a winner. Unless they have an agenda with Mani.

Rituraj may lose out on pan india votes - though I hope it doesnโ€™t happen. This boy has it for a win. ๐Ÿ‘.

For whatever reason Faiz, like PD, has a huge follower base amongst celebrities. There is a commonality there. Even Salman and Sunny were very popular with celebrities in the show.

Edited by Realityshow - 2 years ago
anoushka_113 thumbnail

The biggest handicap for me post the Arunita Idol era is my inability to appreciate female singers in reality shows any more. Even singers who I held in high regard prior to Arunita's Idol exploits sounded commonplace in Zee SAREGMP and other shows. So, it is forcing me to turn my attention to male singers.... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hahaโ€ฆ I like this phrase โ€˜Arunita Idol Eraโ€™ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Truly, she created an era .

Talking of other female singers - even Neelanjana paled for me after Aru attack. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Btws, I find ankona way better than neelu.

felixfelilah thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

That's why I think it is better to watch Idol for the talent - not for who will win. Sony has an opinion on that subject for sure!

Same goes for all Sony shows tbh. Having seen talent shows on multiple channels, can say that Sony's reality shows introduce some of the best talents, be it dance or singing. But the winner is never based on talent.

So like you said, always better to watch with the same expectation. Get introduced to some amazing talent, but be prepared for someone else to win!

Edited by felixfelilah - 2 years ago
Realityshow thumbnail

Hahaโ€ฆ I like this phrase โ€˜Arunita Idol Eraโ€™ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Truly, she created an era .

Talking of other female singers - even Neelanjana paled for me after Aru attack. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Btws, I find ankona way better than neelu.

Ankona has classical training whereas Neelu is weak in that aspect. So it makes a big difference. I remember one incident in Voice Kids (I think) when Neha Kakkar actually said that Neelu sings beautifully despite the fact that she cannot explore the intricacies of the song to its full extent.
Ankona is young. She will be better as she picks up more skills. But she is not a great package for reality shows. She should explore other avenues for growth.