Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: BornWithASmirk

Lol because it's story of the mentioned character. She is the hero. It's focused on Gangubai if you can't tell.  

No shit, Sherlock.πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™€οΈTab toh the full movie should just be one long Aloo monologue no? Just go back and watch the trailers for Mary Kom, MS Dhoni etc - yes, they are the main focus but they manage to showcase much more.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Lol is this a comedy movie? I was expecting an intense and serious film. But the trailer is just filled with funny one-liners one after another. Alia is actually good and suits the role. The dress up complaint doesn't make sense because the actual person was a teenager when the events shown in the film happened in real.

Box office ka pata nahi. All movies since the pandemic have flopped except Sooryavanshi. Hit hui toh nepo fans would go crazy, aur flop hui toh masala movie fans would start blabbing. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kamala05

Unlike IF the comments in YouTube is very positive,so I guess this will be a superhit just like Raazi.

Bollywoodiyas nowadays just delete all the negative comments. 

Saw it with Coolie No 1 as well, when it's trailer was trolled everywhere on social media but YouTube comments were all positive. 

Dislike button is also off. Apne hi bubble mein rehna hain inko.πŸ˜†

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I liked the dialogues and music

Alia does not fit the part she looks like a kid despite what clothes, makeup and hairstyle you give her. Alia's expressions barely changed even Shraddha seemed better in Haseena Parkar

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

A very bold move releasing this in theatres with such a dark theme, plus Alia in the lead, plus no big stars besides Ajay in a cameo...

If a movie like 83 could flop the way it did, I'm really lost as to how and why some people seem to think this one will do so well 

Alia has done a great job with changing her voice though I'll give her that... 

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: BornWithASmirk

It was about time we got a massy film with heroine headlining it. She got everything seeti maar dialogues and swag.

Aliaa is inconsistent but her dialogue delivery is fab. She has picked up accent right. I don't see that in other actresses. Deepika and Kangana are shaky. Anushka was unbearable in chakda express teaser. 

This though. While I have reservations about the trailer, I am glad to see that after a long time we have a female heroine as the central character in a massy film with full-on dialoguebaazi and slo-mo walk.

The last time we had a successful heroine-centric massy film was The Dirty Picture, right?? Vidya got a National Award for that one, and with GanguBai that seems to be the main aim of Aloo πŸ˜†

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

I liked the dialogues and music

Alia does not fit the part she looks like a kid despite what clothes, makeup and hairstyle you give her. Alia's expressions barely changed even Shraddha seemed better in Haseena Parkar

This... unpopular opinion but Alia and Shraddha are pretty much on the same level when it comes to acting imo, with Shraddha even having the edge in certain types of roles.

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Originally posted by: FilmiDhun

This though. While I have reservations about the trailer, I am glad to see that after a long time we have a female heroine as the central character in a massy film with full-on dialoguebaazi and slo-mo walk.

The last time we had a successful heroine-centric massy film was The Dirty Picture, right?? Vidya got a National Award for that one, and with GanguBai that seems to be the main aim of Aloo πŸ˜†

Massy movies only work when the lead actor also has a massy fan-following. Unfortunately no actress has that. 

The Dirty Picture had Emraan Hashmi and erotic sex scenes to sell it to the masses. Same with Sunny Leone's Ragini MMS 2 which was also a Hit. 

This movie doesn't have that so would only appeal to multiplex audience. 

Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

Bollywoodiyas nowadays just delete all the negative comments. 

Saw it with Coolie No 1 as well, when it's trailer was trolled everywhere on social media but YouTube comments were all positive. 

Dislike button is also off. Apne hi bubble mein rehna hain inko.πŸ˜†

I understand that there will be paid comments. Even after the trailer release of Gehraiyaan, the initial comments were all positive but you tubers reviews were mixed but in this case the review video of cinephiles are generally positive. So I guess this will impress audience. 

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Doubt it will work. 

Alia Bhatt looks like a child and not a grown up woman.

She lacks the seduction to be a sex worker. Even if looks are ignored, her dialogue delivery lacks conviction, feelings, tone and pauses.

It's a miscast.