SALMAN KHAN's take on Devo vs Bichukle!

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Hi, my name is Sneha Narayanan . I am a silent member in this forum but today I felt like making this post. I have very mixed feelings about the episode.

Devo has been unfairly targetting Rashami throughout the week & it was getting on my nerves, but after today's episode, instead of feeling happy, i m a little sad.

I am having very mixed feelings regarding Salman khan's take on Devo vs Bichukle.

I somewhere do agree that devo did have that comfort zone with Bichukle where she is pressing his legs , his back and all, but does that give him a right to ask for a kiss? It was so clear that devo was uncomfortable. Why did Salman say that it was a joke. This is harrasment and on top of it, invalidating the harasser's action & blaming the girl saying why didn't you react earlier is, victim blaming.

I somewhat do agree that why did she wait for the game to get over, first time jab Bichukle ne kiss maangi, tabhi she should have scolded him , but instead she was still in the game and taking artifact's from him . Yes, it was convinent of her. But just because she complained later, does it mean the harasment now turns null and void?

That being said, devo supported Bichukle in Shamita vs Bichukle incident, supported all his wrongdoing and language, and started her campaign of maligning Rashami, but now because galat devo ke saath hua hai, so she expects everyone to side with her. Shamita is right, in the sense you can't pick and choose. 

Also , My heart says, A no is a no, irrespective of when the girl says it.

I am honestly confused. I don't think devo is wrong in this case. What's your opinion?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SiddJ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I agree with you .. and feel bad for her too... But I feel instead of sorting it in a calm manner everyone made a mountain out of mole hill..

I don't think she was targetting rashmi.. infact it's rashmi who very clearly made her alliances n changed her priorities..  leaving others in the lurch...

Rashmi I feel is highly arrogant cos she feel salman will never be mean to her.. not sure what is her equation with the host . She can get away with almost anything on the show..

She has a tendency to play victim n blame the damsel in distress card all the time.

born-leader thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

BB is another universe. In BB13, Rashami made a mudda out of the aisilarki comment. In BB15, her intro line was aisilarki. The show is for mindless entertainment. All contestants are in it for footage 

riddhan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Tm I must say great analysis and post👍🏼 i will say wat i felt, Bichkule is a crap guy and as audience we understood it so obviously ghar wale bhi samaj gae honge hi. From his paer to jooti crap only it was understood his thought process and irony is Devo herself has justified it by saying Bichkule had come to BB for Shamita and even sang a song for her, I mean so that means Shamita should bear the crap. 

Bichkule was not Devo's friend and Rashmi was her close friend and Rashmi told her stay away from him he is not good still Devo made her understand no he isn't wrong.

He told Devo tu mere pyaar mein giregi statement isn't that an indication to maintain distance. Again he did aankh marna wasn't it another red flag and still if you give him benefit of doubt that also I understand thik hai par of he is continuously saying you pappi de how can you just say No casually and still playing the game. Just stop the game tell everyone bash him than continue your game or watever. 

Also it's BB and there r camera's and the guy couldn't do much but it was stretched a lot for footage by some.

Bichkule was told he was wrong.

Edited by riddhan - 2 years ago
HopeRuel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I haven't followed this season much but have been following it for the last or so. I think the Colors team for once handled this well. They called out Bichukle for he is wrong. But called out Deboleena wrong as well. I feel both were wrong. Bichukle is creepy AF and any sane person can realise this moments from meeting him. If you have to live with him, you can keep the contact to the minimum, like Rashmi did. Deboleena engaged the man and his advances to certain extent. She didn't draw the line firmly. She didn't take a stand when he was speaking all those words for Shamita. If she felt uncomfortable with the pappi thing, why didn't she stop taking things from him that he stole for her. She should have firmly said I won't take anything from you becuz I don't like this language of yours. But she didn't, she kept tolerating it till she could gain favours and only spoke up at the end. Another point made very well was if it had been a girl's crush, she might not have thought of it as a harassment rather been flattered by it. But since it a creepy/not likeable guy, you are considering it harassment. and I think this is a very practical point.

All the "feminists", woke junta, and me-too movement karyakartas need to understand that Deboleena was wrong as well. We women need to speak for ourselves, but it doesn't mean we start defending a wrong person just because she is a woman. We need to see it as it is. Not with the intention of always thinking the male might be wrong. Both or either parties can be wrong in any situation.I think both were wrong here. In me-too movement it was about women/men speaking up about abuse that was cause due to power distance. They were abused by powerful individuals that they wouldnt be able to fight given their reach and resources. As women, we have a long way to go to establish equality in the society and world. Let's try to call out what is wrong as wrong, instead of siding with our gender blindly. Becuz doing the opposite questions our credibility and motive. 

cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Salman was being Salman it's either black or white for him, this duffer still doesn't understand complexity in human emotions. Would he react the same had it been his own sister? Not a chance, you think he'll be telling her why didn't you cut off there and then you're at fault too? 

It doesn't matter what Devo did during the task and her double standards when it was Shamita in the firing line, all that is true but, it doesn't take away Thukle's tharkipan and his sus behaviour. Different girls will react differently, she was maybe giving him the benefit of doubt thinking it's not what she suspects, convincing herself. There have been so many contestants in previous seasons giving massage to men, none of them thought of that as a go to signal to try and have their way non consensually. Salman is known for making crass crap single screen films where such chasing of women and sexual innuendo jokes run rampant. He will think like this because he's of that class himself. Only Teja didn't back down and called it out as it was

But Devo, not just her every girl needs to understand, that nobody is your brother because he calls you his sister, your cousin brothers are not your brothers, anybody besides your actual blood related biological brothers are nothing but ghair mard for you. This is all cultural crap of ours that make everyone brothers. It doesn't take a second for a guys intentions to change towards you and get perverted. 

Edited by cory - 2 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

The thing that Salman or these dumb contestants don’t realise is that relationship doesn’t matter . Even a girlfriend or wife can feel uncomfortable by their partner  and in this case Bichukle is a nobody 

Edited by 2RsFan - 2 years ago
Radhe101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

100 percent agree. The wife and girl friend 's consent matters. And same applies for husband and boy friend..no one can force themselves on others if not it's consider harrasment.

vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I don’t like Devoleena at all and find her an irritant but I did not like how her matter was handled.

Yes she did take the items and waited until everything was over before raising the issue but it does not take away the fact that Bijuk whatever is a f****g creep. One has to understand the mindset. A woman may go out with a guy 10 times but if she says no the 11th time, then it means NO! Should Devoleena raised this before? Yes. But raising the matter later doesn’t mean she is wrong.

Any abuse victim that waits then first question asked is why not before? When they are ready they will. If it was a guy being treated this way I would say the same. That kiss thing was cringe as and he should have been slapped the first time he went and touched her cheek. Disgusting man!!!!

Shamita in this was wrong in my opinion because what she does she cannot expect others to be the same. Humans have fight or flight response and everyone reacts differently and in fact we ourselves will react differently if the same situation were to be repeated. 

Devoleena sadly created a situation and became a victim of it. Have a pet snake and eventually it will end up biting you which is what happened with her. The time when he used derogatory comments about women had he been shut up this wouldn’t have happened.

But in all this I couldn’t understand why Teja said after Rakhi and Ritesh she was the first one Devoleena spoke to about Bichuk? Wouldn’t that make her the third person 🤔🤔

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Have said a lot about this and completely agree with this tweet:

https://twitter.com/RAJ_987654321/status/1472323631413878785