Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlurredLines thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Bee222

No it's not

That's my place, yours is 21 places ahead

It will never happen. I am not even remotely satisfied with the one I submitted 🤣. Plus there are 21 great writers than me including you

BlurredLines thumbnail

Aap PM mein alag se jaan lena pls 🥺 Hum sab par aise torture na kariyo 😭

This is me completely agreeing with you 😆

BlurredLines thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

I'm not into this fluff genre so I wonder what I wrote was actually fluff or something else.😆

I would like if points and rankings are revealed. Would like to know where I stand.😆

I never did know there was a genre called fluff eiither until Google told me otherwise 😆

BlurredLines thumbnail

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Tha scarlet witch has placed her runes, no one except her can perform the magic in a given space with said runes😏

Glad I got caught up with Wanda vision and can finally understand your Scarlett witch talks 🤣.

BlurredLines thumbnail

My dear Nita, meri prompt list mein tum thi remember? I was never in the competition anyway 🤣

22 ho ya 222, same difference to me 🤣

But yes, I'm always up for some heartache and rona dhona 😭 Main tissues leke aati hoon, saath mein rote hai 😭

Why did you think I tagged you both. I tagged the writers I am familiar with in prompt 2 🤣. So yes I am aware of my competition and already know it is not me for that prompt but but getting 7th place is better than 22nd place 😭.

BlurredLines thumbnail

Arey yaar, don't believe her, believe me instead 🤣

Main normally itna bura nahi likhti, but I wasn't liking any of my drafts so I scrapped all of them and wrote something completely new in the last hour 😅 Kuch dhang se edit bhi nahi kiya, and I'm not at all satisfied with how it turned out.

But even if it HAD turned out nicely, jeetne ka to sawaal hi nahi tha. Nita is way too good ❤️

But now I'm having doubts on you as well. Lagta hai prompt #2 mein tum hi dono ek doosre ko takkar dene wale ho 😈

@bold and blue : If only you could see me ROFL at the statement 🤣.

Chir-Cute thumbnail

Arey yaar, don't believe her, believe me instead 🤣

Main normally itna bura nahi likhti, but I wasn't liking any of my drafts so I scrapped all of them and wrote something completely new in the last hour 😅 Kuch dhang se edit bhi nahi kiya, and I'm not at all satisfied with how it turned out.

But even if it HAD turned out nicely, jeetne ka to sawaal hi nahi tha. Nita is way too good ❤️

But now I'm having doubts on you as well. Lagta hai prompt #2 mein tum hi dono ek doosre ko takkar dene wale ho 😈

Ha bhai, baaki 5 toh angur bechne gaye the na?🤣 Sab ke sab professionals ke beech main ek abla amateur naari fasi huwi hu

Maine bhi koi proofreading nahi ki hai aur submit karne ke baad itne grammatical errors dikhe hai ki, padhne wale ko grammar nazi banna padh sakta hai 🤣

Chalo koi na.... let's hope for the best and expect the worst 🤣

End mein sab ko achi-achi stories padhne ko milegi. that's our consolation prize.

@bold: that I know. She is too good.

Edited by Chir-Cute - 2 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

I hadn't even heard of fluff before I entered this contest. Now I realize that my own writing that I like best is fluff, and yet I tend to spend more time writing angst.

I am currently writing the nineteenth chapter of a sprawling prequel to my fluffiest story (Delivery Boy). This prequel (Hasta-prāpya-stabaka-namito bāla-Mandāra-vṛkṣaḥ) touches upon conversion therapy, panic attacks, hit-and-run drunk driving, bigamy, criminal jeopardy for the victim of a forcible marriage instead of the aggressor, blackmail, down-low adultery, homophobia, and domestic abuse.

I am trying to lighten it with humour wherever possible: "It's Carnatic music, not Hindustani!" ... disapproving parents, a lovesick imaginary personality who insists that he's equipped, a dog's reminder to check the CCTV metadata, a nearly fatal insulin injection, trying to avoid a racketeer's sister, and a scene that I think substitutes rather nicely for sex so that I don't have to mark the story as Mature.

You aimed for something fluffier than that, right?

Oh no my story is not that dark or mature. The word limit itself didn't allow me to include so many things in the plot. But the whole tone and vibe of my story is melancholic.

Writing fluff is difficult. You have to wonder how you're going to make your story impressive without making it hard hitting or angsty.

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Aap PM mein alag se jaan lena pls 🥺 Hum sab par aise torture na kariyo 😭

Usually people who say such stuff are the ones who end up winning or doing extremely well.😆

PangaNaLe thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlurredLines

I never did know there was a genre called fluff eiither until Google told me otherwise 😆

I did know about the word but didn't know what it exactly meant. After googling it I still wondered how to write fluff.

Writing angst is easier because then you're just borrowing stuff from your real life.😆

Writing fluff is tricky because how can you make a story interesting without adding any major conflict?