Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Kareena said some 11 years ago that PC speaks with an odd accent and they said Kareena is a bully. But that accent exists πŸ‘πŸΌ But really there’s nothing wrong with getting drunk lol 

That was just Kareena being an entitled brat who knew she could say whatever she wanted and get away with it. πŸ˜› I found Priyanka well spoken when she was in b'wood and not acting like she's on crack. She still is, in my opinion. I don't understand so much disdain towards celebrities who have an accent that departs even slightly from the stereotypical Indian accent? Can't people speak like that naturally because of their friends circle and the schools they might have attended, like prep schools, for instance?! Can't wrap my head around people being so hung up on accent if they are intelligent speakers and articulate their thoughts well.

Edited by SmittenKitten - 2 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

That was just Kareena being an entitled brat who knew she could say whatever she wanted and get away with it. πŸ˜› I found Priyanka well spoken when she was in b'wood and not acting like she's on crack. She still is, in my opinion. I don't understand so much disdain towards celebrities who have an accent that departs even slightly from the stereotypical Indian accent? Can't people speak like that naturally because of their friends circle and the schools they might have attended, like prep schools, for instance?! Can't wrap my head around people being so hung up on accent if they are intelligent speakers and articulate themselves well.

So for the record you dont find PC's accent cringe just the drunk behavior displayed. πŸ˜† I dont find either cringe. There was just a segment of people who believed the accent didnt exist. But its clearly there. An its fine that its there. An its also fin that she is going to have more drinks πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

So for the record you dont find PC's accent cringe just the drunk behavior displayed. πŸ˜† I dont find either cringe. There was just a segment of people who believed the accent didnt exist. But its clearly there. An its fine that its there. An its also fin that she is going to have more drinks πŸ˜†

I don't judge people who have plans to drink afterwards or act drunk. They can shoot stuff up their nose in the after party for all I care. But she isn't drunk there, just over the top for whatever reasons. When you've seen her conducting herself well in previous interviews, yeah it is gonna get people talking when she acts wild and completely out of her element ..... and I'm sorry, if shexy shexy sari didn't make you cringe, where on earth is your threshold?πŸ˜†

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I don't judge people who have plans to drink afterwards or act drunk. They can shoot stuff up their nose in the after party for all I care. But she isn't drunk there, just over the top for whatever reasons. When you've seen her conducting herself well in previous interviews, yeah it is gonna get people talking when she acts wild and completely out of her element ..... and I'm sorry, if shexy shexy sari didn't make you cringe, where on earth is your threshold?πŸ˜†

I would find her cringe if she started singing and dancing her song w Pitbull πŸ˜†

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

That was just Kareena being an entitled brat who knew she could say whatever she wanted and get away with it. πŸ˜› I found Priyanka well spoken when she was in b'wood and not acting like she's on crack. She still is, in my opinion. I don't understand so much disdain towards celebrities who have an accent that departs even slightly from the stereotypical Indian accent? Can't people speak like that naturally because of their friends circle and the schools they might have attended, like prep schools, for instance?! Can't wrap my head around people being so hung up on accent if they are intelligent speakers and articulate their thoughts well.

Agree - Never understood people especially desis fixated on others' accents as if only speaking with heavy toned desi accent can get you a merit certificate! 

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

This one was legit cringe 

TheLastUnicorn thumbnail

Gawd, kill me now.