Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sareg thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

Remember we are not talking about any national figure though again if you insult any revered figure a true Indian would still feel insulted....

Feeling for your country is substance is feeling for the values its cherishes and not strutting your pride for Taj mahal or Qutub minar.. if instead of Gandhi he had worn a mother teresa outfit it would be still as insulting and unpatriotic...๐Ÿ˜Š

you are crossing over from insulted to unpatriotic, a lot of people are on that list of reverred figure, recently a honorable minister of the country happened to call a freedom fighter a traitor

funny we dont call that minister unpatriotic

funny we dont call Nehru unpatriotic for calling Shivaji a robber

Gandhiji and various folks in BJP/RSS had huge differences upto calling names, we dont call them unpatriotic

we are getting on a slippery slope here,the list grows

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

you are crossing over from insulted to unpatriotic, a lot of people are on that list of reverred figure, recently a honorable minister of the country happened to call a freedom fighter a traitor No although u might be tempted to put every tom dick and harry of politics and other arenas into that list... veri few people carry the iconic aura of Gandhi...

funny we dont call that minister unpatriotic Yes.. why funny its disgusting but then living india we are accustomed to live with more disgusting things... so..it is what it is....

funny we dont call Nehru unpatriotic for calling Shivaji a robber This is totally unrelated.. Dont compare these with Gandhi.. are these known  outside India as much as Gandhi is known so dont just pull anything in your argument...

Gandhiji and various folks in BJP/RSS had huge differences upto calling names, we dont call them unpatriotic I would think Gandhi had to clean up india and had to get dirty but name calling what are you talking about.. some radical magazine you are reading????๐Ÿ˜†

we are getting on a slippery slope here,the list grows

sareg thumbnail

Point is if calling someone unpatriotic becomes a term that varies from POV to POV, then it really is not defining unpatriotism, unpatriotic is a unanimous term, and this one is not, you proved my point in #1 and #2

With that I rest my discussion on this point๐Ÿ˜‰

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

Point is if calling someone unpatriotic becomes a term that varies from POV to POV It doesnt though you really cant strait jacket anybody on their opinion... in all my arguments i am trying to portray the high thinking Gandhi whereas you were just trying to bring out his political short-comings๐Ÿ˜Š, then it really is not defining unpatriotism, unpatriotic is a unanimous term, and this one is not, you proved my point in #1 and #2 Now you should differ with all other indians about his status as "father of the nation"๐Ÿ˜Š..or revel in your ivory tower and delusions...๐Ÿ˜›

I dont think you have driven a point which you trying so hard to in squaring the circle. You are trying to show everybody that america should be right there in India.. whereas in your own house you have india all over....
So practice what you think you are preaching...๐Ÿ˜†

sareg thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

Point is if calling someone unpatriotic becomes a term that varies from POV to POV It doesnt though you really cant strait jacket anybody on their opinion... in all my arguments i am trying to portray the high thinking Gandhi whereas you were just trying to bring out his political short-comings๐Ÿ˜Š,For all the high thinking that you are trying to portray you are actually contradicting it, hate the sin, not the sinner", you are getting tanged in your own web there, think first then write then it really is not defining unpatriotism, unpatriotic is a unanimous term, and this one is not, you proved my point in #1 and #2 Now you should differ with all other indians about his status as "father of the nation"๐Ÿ˜Š..or revel in your ivory tower and delusions...๐Ÿ˜› Democracy also means all the fools are on the same side๐Ÿ˜‰

I dont think you have driven a point which you trying so hard to in squaring the circle.

You are trying to show everybody that america should be right there in India., what is the connection with America here, isnt Democracy the same, if you preach democracy, you should follow it too, you cant choose to follow it once and then ignore it for unconvenient times,but then it might hurt the "Indianness"๐Ÿ˜‰

. whereas in your own house you have india all over....having it in the house does not matter, it should be in the hearts and minds, but I guess we are into manav puja and we covet the exteriors rather than the interiors I guess๐Ÿ˜‰
So practice what you think you are preaching...๐Ÿ˜† trying hard to do that, but cant stand people who preach one and when it becomes inconvienient call other followers unpatriotic๐Ÿ˜‰

[/QUOTE]

Out๐Ÿ˜‰

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: egghatcher

Nehru's brain were up his REO๐Ÿ˜‰ what was he doing when stealing marital status from Lord Mountbatten ....isnt that feasting on someone elses loot  or was it a modern day subhedhars wife ........although shivaji honorably returned her back after conferring upon her the honor of a mother ๐Ÿ˜Š

Personal life is different and patriotism is different.......๐Ÿ˜ณ

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Haah!! Somany replies ๐Ÿ˜Š .
Quovadis!!!
sowmyaa thumbnail
Mythili it's a great topic. I read something similar in Hindustan times yesterday will post or scan article if i get chance.
ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
.Edited by ani11 - 14 years ago
ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
.Edited by ani11 - 14 years ago