Is Shilpa Shetty in Dhadkan better than Bahurani’s HDDCS?

MDNA thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

😭 Shilpa made me cry in Dhadkan.  I didn’t cry for Bahurani though because of her artificial smile.  What do you think? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Over all Dhadkan was a more fun movie 

MDNA thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Over all Dhadkan was a more fun movie 

I loved Mahima’s item number to 

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Seriously?

HDDCS is a beautiful film. It's one of the best romantic dramas from the modern Bollywood era.

Dhadkan is a good film with an exceptional performance from Sunil. But it feels more like an Indian soap than a movie. It came 3-4 years late. If that movie had released around 1997, it would have been a blockbuster.

LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: SaayaOfKaaya

Seriously?

HDDCS is a beautiful film. It's one of the best romantic dramas from the modern Bollywood era.

Dhadkan is a good film with an exceptional performance from Sunil. But it feels more like an Indian soap than a movie. It came 3-4 years late. If that movie had released around 1997, it would have been a blockbuster.

I think HDDCS was slightly better, Dhadkan was too melodramatic.

I wasn't too impressed with Sunil Shetty's acting either, maybe it was apt for those times, but I watched Dhadkan very recently after watching the DHADKAN revisit on Only Desi Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADllavPbUsg

Edited by LegolasGondolin - 2 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Not even a patch..Aish was really really good as Nandani and it left far far more impact thanks to an entire better team esp SLB..shilpa was nothing spectacular in Dhadkan and her nose looked too fake in the movie..good she went for a 3rd nose job after it..

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Aishwarya if she saw this topic be like

Oh, why you so obsessed with me boy, I wanna know

atominis thumbnail

HDDCS is nothing but fancier version of Woh 7 Din (without the in laws and husband's kids though). 

Dhadkan is watchable only due to Sunil Shetty. Otherwise too much like a daily soap with that crap step family of Akshay Kumar. Ash looked breathtakingly beautiful in HDDCS. Shilpa also looked her best in Dhadkan but not comparable to Ash. Ash of 1990s is magical in terms of looks and charisma. 

Both films are regressive crap but HDDCS wins due to Salman and Ash's looks and better music. 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Errr are we comparing the 🔥  that ash and Salman were, the stunning dance numbers and the gorgeous visuals 

To

The orange toned monstrosity with a sleepy Sunil shetty, a wooden Shilpa shetty and a soap opera level production values 

No

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

HDDCS is classy while Dhadkan was trashy!

In terms of storyline ofc they both were regressive and cliched but Dhadkan takes the cake here.

Dhadkan was way too regressive with the 80s melodrama thrown in - Asking DIL to give off the heavy loaded jewelery she received with so much love from her parents to the step mother as if they were nothing but some garbage that needed to be discarded. That scene was so effing cringe, made me want to punch every single tooth outta Akshay's face! 🤢