Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Copying and pasting all past rants related to HDDCS because I hate this movie with every fibre of my soul. 

No. I watched the movie only once and never again because I hated the ending. By making Nandini choose Vanraj, the movie tries to justify the despicable actions of her father, and makes it out that her fathers decision was ultimately the right one. What a load of bullshit. 

Her fcuker kahin ka of a father forced his daughter into a marriage, against her will, even though she slit her wrist in opposition. I’d like to say a big fcuk you to her father and would happily shove a spiked pole up his ass and have him sing sa re ga ma pa while I twist it. Thank you and come again. 

Also, I didn’t buy Vanraj’s sacrificial-soul-bullshit either. The scene where he’s drunk and emotionally manipulating Nandini to feel sorry for his ass left a sour taste in my mouth. Any normal person would start feeling guilty if he’s always acting like a kicked puppy 24/7. He took on the job to reunite two lovers, so shut the fek up and do it without guilt-tripping the person. Jesus. I hate this movie so much. 

😂😂

That's my issue with the movie as well, it tried to justify what father did to her but Vanraj was definitely better choice than Sameer who left her to deal with her family and heartbreak alone. 

Even he chose promises made to her father above her, how is it different from what her father did to her? 

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I wished Bhansali went back to making films set in present day. The historicals look the same 

He refuses to cast other actors than his supposed "muses" 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

ending was perfect

recently watched cinedesi reaction thora revisit hogaya

SLB genuis to hai salman n ash both acted so good 

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 6 months ago
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

I watched ETT after seeing his entry in Pathan. ETT was good. Good songs and story is interesting.

TZH dekho best movie of trilogy IMO balky spy universe ki ha

bhut so ki jalege but yehi sach ha smiley32

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I most definitely see why Nandani fall for Vanraj cause he’s like an angel the man literally took her to another country to give her away to someone else even though she’s his wife. I don’t believe any human is capable of doing that they might file for divorce but actually going abroad to make sure your spouse finds their lover?? No. I see why she fall for him but I wish the movie was a little more realistic (I know it’s or was realistic for Indian audience it’s not far fetched she would stay with her husband) but what I hate the most is the father won in the end. I HATE her father with passion the man didn’t bat an eye when his daughter attempted to kill herself but instead of helping her recover he married her off without a care in the world what kind of a parent would do that?? 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Sameer did stay back and sent letters hoping she will come so they can go to Italy together. He stayed back for awhile before he gave up when Nandani didn’t come or reply to his messages. I don’t know what else he was supposed to do and I don’t see how he’s to blame for anything. The only asshole in the movie is her father and in the end he won and that’s why I could never ever root for that ending even though I adore Vanraj as a character. Sameer was a perfectly good partner he didn’t lack anything to make the father want to kill his daughter than let her be happy with the person she chose. Sameer was actually never the issue for the father his issue is the complete control he had over everyone in that house and the fact that his daughter fall in love without his “permission” was what led him to watch his daughter die then let her be happy with a man she wanted.  

Again her father is the reason I could never ever root for this relationship. The message it sent is not something that I can get behind. Nandani was happy in the end even though her parents didn’t care for her happiness or her life which says “Your parents always know better” when they really don’t and that’s what I have an issue with. Her parents didn’t choose Vanraj over Sameer cause he was the better man for her they did so cause they didn’t care for their daughter and took offence she was independent enough to fall in love with someone. Had the movie end with her staying with her husband maybe still unhappy and cut her family off her life I would’ve appreciated the end more. 

Edited by Beautyful_Mess - 6 months ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I disagree Nora. smiley24 Sameer was bound to leave for Guru Dakshina. In our culture one doesn’t dissolve that for any selfish reason. And he also sent Nandini letters which didn’t reach her at all. Who knows what those had in it, may be plans to convince her father ? Will never know. 

All I know is Balraj and Sameer both were amazing and they deserved to marry each other and leave that confused GFN Nandini alonesmiley6. Forever Balraj-Sameer fan. smiley9

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

😂😂

That's my issue with the movie as well, it tried to justify what father did to her but Vanraj was definitely better choice than Sameer who left her to deal with her family and heartbreak alone. 

Even he chose promises made to her father above her, how is it different from what her father did to her? 

Ultimately it doesn't matter what any of us prefers because the fact remains that the ending of the film left the most sour taste in my mouth. It was sheer luck that Vanraj was a "nice guy" though I beg to differ. The fact that she found happiness in her situation and compromised because he was a NOICE MAN justifies what the asshole of a dad did to his daughter. All controlling parents will watch the movie and be like 'see, if you listen to your parents, they will always choose the right path for you. Look how much of a nice Pati-Dev Vanraj was. We know best'. Piss off mate. 

Also Sameer was a guest at their house and held a lot of unnecessary respect for her father. I say unnecessary because had it been me, I would have fly kicked him in the throat and damaged his vocal chords for life. In that situation, he couldn't grab Nandini's hand and run away with her (believe me, I wish he did). It's not like he could camp outside her front yard after being kicked out of their house. However, he continued to remain in touch and never stopped writing letters to her. I'm sure her junk yard of a father burnt those letters before it even got to her. It's not like he completely abandoned and ghosted her. I'm sure if he knew that her father was going to forcefully marry her off after she slit her wrist, he would've came back to run off with her for real. He likely thought that they still had time to sort the situation out with her father. That's what people normally do in real life lmao. They wait it out and try again to convince family members. Running away is the last resort. 

Now back to the greatly esteemed Vanraj. Unpopular opinion but I cannot stand his character. He was an expert gaslighter and emotionally manipulative ass of the highest degree. He had no business making Nandini feel sorry for him and gaslighting her into feeling guilty for leaving him high and dry. Dropping her off to her lover was HIS decision so STFU and do your business. He threw it in her face that she doesn't know what love is, indicating that only his sacrificial ass knows love. Yeah bull-bloody-shit. I would've told him that love ain't wanting to marry me after seeing me just once with foam coming out of his mouth while I nimbooda nimbooda my lil blue booty on the dance floor. Love ain't touching me while I'm ASLEEP after I said GOOD BLOODY night on our suhagraat. Get the freaking memo dude. Love ain't dragging me aggressively through his house even while I'm on the floor just because I didn't tell you straight off the bat that I was forced to marry against my will. Who the fek treats someone like that? Then he gets drunk and says stupid shit like 'you'll recognise my voice when I scream out your name from that bridge wont you?' *Insert intoxicated puppy dog eyes* Nah fam nah. I don't buy Vanraj's bullshit sacrifice. You do a good deed then do it quietly. 

Also our interpretation of the climax may differ but Nandini never said she LOVES her husband. All she sprouted on about was that Sameer taught her what love is and her Pati Dev taught her how to NIBBANA love. Apparently nibbana love means sacrifice, which her husband did for her. Then she asks Sameer permission for her to fulfil her FARZ to her husband, which means to sacrifice her feelings for Sameer in order to do right by her marital duty.  

In conclusion, SLB made a regressive AF film to highlight the concept that a wife's duty is besides her husband, regardless of whether she had to slit her wrist to be in that situation, because HEY he's a nice guy tho. TEEHEE. 

Sorry for the essay. If you didn't know before then you definitely know now, I hate this movie lmao. 

Edited by FingerFetish - 6 months ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Ultimately it doesn't matter what any of us prefers because the fact remains that the ending of the film left the most sour taste in my mouth. It was sheer luck that Vanraj was a "nice guy" though I beg to differ. The fact that she found happiness in her situation and compromised because he was a NOICE MAN justifies what the asshole of a dad did to his daughter. All controlling parents will watch the movie and be like 'see, if you listen to your parents, they will always choose the right path for you. Look how much of a nice Pati-Dev Vanraj was. We know best'. Piss off mate. 

Also Sameer was a guest at their house and held a lot of unnecessary respect for her father. I say unnecessary because had it been me, I would have fly kicked him in the throat and damaged his vocal chords for life. In that situation, he couldn't grab Nandini's hand and run away with her (believe me, I wish he did). It's not like he could camp outside her front yard after being kicked out of their house. However, he continued to remain in touch and never stopped writing letters to her. I'm sure her junk yard of a father burnt those letters before it even got to her. It's not like he completely abandoned and ghosted her. I'm sure if he knew that her father was going to forcefully marry her off after she slit her wrist, he would've came back to run off with her for real. He likely thought that they still had time to sort the situation out with her father. That's what people normally do in real life lmao. They wait it out and try again to convince family members. Running away is the last resort. 

Now back to the greatly esteemed Vanraj. Unpopular opinion but I cannot stand his character. He was an expert gaslighter and emotionally manipulative ass of the highest degree. He had no business making Nandini feel sorry for him and gaslighting her into feeling guilty for leaving him high and dry. Dropping her off to her lover was HIS decision so STFU and do your business. He threw it in her face that she doesn't know what love is, indicating that only his sacrificial ass knows love. Yeah bull-bloody-shit. I would've told him that love ain't wanting to marry me after seeing me just once with foam coming out of his mouth while I nimbooda nimbooda my lil blue booty on the dance floor. Love ain't touching me while I'm ASLEEP after I said GOOD BLOODY night on our suhagraat. Get the freaking memo dude. Love ain't dragging me aggressively through his house even while I'm on the floor just because I didn't tell you straight off the bat that I was forced to marry against my will. Who the fek treats someone like that? Then he gets drunk and says stupid shit like 'you'll recognise my voice when I scream out your name from that bridge wont you?' *Insert intoxicated puppy dog eyes* Nah fam nah. I don't buy Vanraj's bullshit sacrifice. You do a good deed then do it quietly. 

Also our interpretation of the climax may differ but Nandini never said she LOVES her husband. All she sprouted on about was that Sameer taught her what love is and her Pati Dev taught her how to NIBBANA love. Apparently nibbana love means sacrifice, which her husband did for her. Then she asks Sameer permission for her to fulfil her FARZ to her husband, which means to sacrifice her feelings for Sameer in order to do right by her marital duty.  

In conclusion, SLB made a regressive AF film to highlight the concept that a wife's duty is besides her husband, regardless of whether she had to slit her wrist to be in that situation, because HEY he's a nice guy tho. TEEHEE. 

Sorry for the essay. If you didn't know before then you definitely know now, I hate this movie lmao. 

This is absolute gem and I am keeping this in my vault collection for ever. smiley37 I never realized why Balraj never grew on me and this post explains everything. And guess what, to add to that he was a nikamma beta relying on his father’s money with no career progression, ambition and all those sacrifices were on his dad’s money too. Who paid for the flight and hotel tickets to Italy ? His failed ‘same stairs go up and down’ crap theory ? 

Like you said and Beautiful_Mess mentioned, the fact the bloody fact that that regressive piece of scumbag of that father won in the end just makes me mad. I din’t watch the movie 2nd time. smiley35 If there is ever a version released where the baap dies seeing his daughter in misery is the version of HDDCS I’ll watch. Else SLB can keep it to himself. smiley26

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I feel Sameer and Nandini should have gotten together. That would have been triumph of love. 

Nandini had to sacrifice her happiness and was literally forced into marriage against her wishes. Not to forget she was mentally fragile at that time and was heartbroken, she should have healed first before sending her off with a strange man(for her). 

It’s all red flags what Nandini’s family did. But what SLB showed was reality in the sense that in India even today boys are allowed to choose the girl they want to marry like Ajay’s character did in HDDCS but the girls choice is never taken into consideration. 

Nandini, in the end just gave in and stayed in the marriage like many girls do.