Karishma700 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I watched this Sridevi-Anil Kapoor's Lamhe yesterday. Who has seen this movie? Do you agree with this love story? Was this ahead of its time? Anil Kapoor looked hot with his grey hair. Sridevi superb. The songs & music were so beautiful. But is Anil Kapoor falling in love with Sridevi and then falling in love with her daughter... do you agree?

Edited by Karishma700 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

People have always said that "it was ahead of it's time" but I honestly don't think the film would be a blockbuster if it was made in 2001, 2011, nor 2021.

The storyline itself would have had more than enough people riled up/made to feel awkward for it to just be anything more than a niche/cult classic type of movie.

The film was appreciated (as it should have) by film-lovers, but the general audience said no.

And that's the tea.

Sridevi | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Sri-ji was ethereal as usual, another gold standard performance by her, and the best of 1991 by far.

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I saw it on  Amazon Prime Video. Finished it in 20 min through fast forward. 

Waheeda Rahman's role was quite good for her age and she was looking good too.

Movie was just ok, Morni Bagha...presented very well and  super class be it lyrics, music, choreography and all the characters looked amazing in it. 

If you see love between Milind Soman and his wife, you will start to believe in this story too.

Edited by Porcupine - 2 years ago
Floofy_Wolf thumbnail

While I love this film and have watched it several times, I can understand why it did not work at the box office.

It's not so much about the age gap as it is about Anil marrying a girl who was the daughter of the woman he loves, and the fact that he was her guardian and paying for her upkeep over the years.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Too ickyy for me. He falls for the mother and the daughter who looks exactly like her.
Karishma700 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Agree with everyone's views. It's weird that a guy falls in love with a girl who does not love him back and then he ends up falling in love with her daughter. Still, trying to think how can it happen? Sounds illogic to me. 

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Can anyone tell me where I can see this movie Lamhe ???

atominis thumbnail

Lamhe would not work even today. It has a weird concept of man who has crush on mom but later raises her daughter as a guardian and falls in love with her just because she looks exactly like her mom. He cannot control his feelings whenever he sees her and avoids looking at her in the eye or avoids her even more when she is dressed in traditional clothes just because she looks like her mom and reminds him of his love for her mom.

It is borderline pedophilia and quasi incestuous concept if you remove the music, fancy locations and good acting by Anil and Sridevi from the film. Guardian falls in love or marries kid he adopted/sponsored her education and upbringing, marrying kid of woman you loved just because she looks like her mom? 

I can understand why people found it creepy and why it flopped. 

Had it not been directed by Yash Chopra, not had good music, fancy foreign locations, A list cast like Anil, Sri, Waheeda Rahman, good acting by cast, it would be called a vulgar or cheap film back then itself. 

It has a niche following only. Even today people do not like it entirely. The girl's obsession with her guardian or crush since childhood seems weird in a country where people still call their elders and guardians in a parent like or uncle like sense. A guardian is seen as a fatherly figure in Indian society atleast. Marrying your guardian or falling in love with him seems weird. 

Lamhe would never succeed in India even if it released today. 

I find the film overrated. The concept was too distracting to focus on acting of Anil and Sridevi. 

atominis thumbnail

Was Milind Soman ever in love with mom of his wife? Was Milind ever guardian of his wife when she was a kid? It is NOT about age gap as much as weirdness of marrying daughter of a woman you loved just because she looks exactly like her and marrying a girl whose guardian you were when she was a baby. Maa nahi mili toh uski beti hi sahi, dikhti toh maa jaisi hi hai - creepy AF.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: atominis

Was Milind Soman ever in love with mom of his wife? Was Milind ever guardian of his wife when she was a kid? It is NOT about age gap as much as weirdness of marrying daughter of a woman you loved just because she looks exactly like her and marrying a girl whose guardian you were when she was a baby. Maa nahi mili toh uski beti hi sahi, dikhti toh maa jaisi hi hai - creepy AF.

Well..Anil's last dialogue in the movie refutes this..he says he loves her beyond her mom's image.

He ran away from her all those years only coz she looked like her mom..

Ya weird it was..but I still liked the movie.

Sridevi was the ultimate definition of beauty in the movie..specially her image in the desert.

Storyline aside, the actors, music, locations, cinematography..everything was top notch..