Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Akshay kumar ruined her career but she is A grade actress.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She has best actress National award 

Lots of girls like kajol or Aishwarya can’t say that 

That awkward moment when...

1) Raveena Tandon's chacha was on the jury

2) Daman was unanimously rejected by the jury in phase one of voting

3) Raveena campaigned for the BJP in the previous elections

Article excerpt:

March 27, 2001

A controversy has broken out over the National Film Awards for 2000 with director Pradeep Krishan and two others quitting the Feature Film Jury alleging interference by a "cynical political cartel" turning the whole affair "into a farce". 

At least four of the 129 films which were unanimously rejected by the 17-member jury went on to win major awards including Daman, for which Raveena Tandon got the Best Actress Award, adding Pukar, for which Anil Kapoor was adjudged the Best Actor, was not not even screened fully for the jury. Claiming that Raveena had campaigned for BJP during the last elections and her uncle Macmohan was on the jury, Krishan said, "My conscience could not not allow me to continue... I was naive enough not to know the connections of some of the jury members."

Full article: https://m.rediff.com/entertai/2001/mar/27award1.htm

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

That awkward moment when...

1) Raveena Tandon's chacha was on the jury

2) Daman was unanimously rejected by the jury in phase one of voting

3) Raveena campaigned for the BJP in the previous elections

Article excerpt:

March 27, 2001

A controversy has broken out over the National Film Awards for 2000 with director Pradeep Krishan and two others quitting the Feature Film Jury alleging interference by a "cynical political cartel" turning the whole affair "into a farce". 

At least four of the 129 films which were unanimously rejected by the 17-member jury went on to win major awards including Daman, for which Raveena Tandon got the Best Actress Award, adding Pukar, for which Anil Kapoor was adjudged the Best Actor, was not not even screened fully for the jury. Claiming that Raveena had campaigned for BJP during the last elections and her uncle Macmohan was on the jury, Krishan said, "My conscience could not not allow me to continue... I was naive enough not to know the connections of some of the jury members."

Full article: https://m.rediff.com/entertai/2001/mar/27award1.htm

Don’t bother explaining this to me lol. These awards and lists are meaningless to me 

But it’s still a checkbox she marks and some others don’t. An yes I know there’s plenty of boxes others mark and she doesn’t. 

I don’t even care about these actresses. I just thought Raveena and wait she did this once upon a time 🤔 😂 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 2 years ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She has best actress National award 

Lots of girls like kajol or Aishwarya can’t say that 

I always found her much better and entertaining than the likes of Aishwarya Kajol etc.