Why Can’t I Romance Shah Rukh Or Hrithik: Neena Gupta

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

During an interview, Neena was asked to throw some light on what she thought about how a male actor shies away from romancing an older female lead even today. The actress responded that if Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan could romance a female actor half their age on the big screen then why can’t she star opposite such actors.

“…meri badi iccha hai ke woh daur aa jaye jahan main Hrithik Roshan ke against kaam karu. Against nahi opposite. But why can’t I be opposite Shah Rukh Khan or Hrithik Roshan?” Neena asked while pointing to the current trend of sexism in Bollywood. “I’m not saying Ranbir Kapoor, Main itni bi bewakoof nahi hu. Lekin, they work with actresses who are like 20-25 years younger than them as heroines.”

However, when she was asked why she can’t romance Ranbir, the actress laughingly replied she can, but Indians will take time to adjust to these changes. Further emphasising on her point, the 62-year-old said the Hollywood industry doesn’t discriminate on this aspect and has more gender equality than the Indian film industry.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Because your skin looks like a bag one gets at a supermarket 🤣🤣

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Sarcastic Chatterbox

HR's fans in the forum will have a heart attack 😂

DushtKanya thumbnail

If there's a good script, why not? Neena Gupta is very talented :) 

Tetul thumbnail

Good question. To find the answer you should go to court court court.

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

A million dollar question but we’ll pretend we didn’t hear that. 

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I don't think age should be an issue at all unless minors are involved offcourse. As long the couple looks good opposite each other, its fine. The thing is, how many actresses do we know that are in their 50s and late 40s that are seriously acting in commercial films or trying to break that stereotype? Nobody is even trying. Other than maybe Tabu, actresses like Madhuri, Raveena, Kajol, Aishwariya, Priety, Juhi, Karishma, Rani, Sonali, etc. who are similar in age to the Khans, Akshay, Hrithik, etc. all have taken hiatus's, got busy in domestic life, don't act anymore, etc. None of them are complaining because it seems like it isn't the ambition or priority for them anymore. The only person I can maybe see try to stay relevant even at that age is maybe Kareena (when the time comes). I am all for womens rights. But how many women in the same age group as Khans, Akshay, Hrithik have worked towards maintaining their stardom over the years? I get that opportunities must be made which is part of the problem but if they disappear and take long breaks, people forget and move on. 

hasini009 thumbnail

Who told you 'you can't'? You can. 

Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, 33 vs 42

Ahana_Sehgal21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

You make it sound like all of them willingly gave their stardum away..  Th fault is with us audiences, who dont encourage or watch women in leading romatic roles after a certain age...  Very Sad . Hope things change !

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

If I was hrithik id get heart attack after reading this