Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1195620 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Moosa is also now having doubts on Kamil was so wrong. Geez, I started respecting him after he allowed Shaista to enter the PMA after Kamil explained to him to change his perspective. He became so happily involved in her journey and the fun-loving bantering between his mother and his daughter.Old habits don't die hard even after disguised.

Zehnaseeb thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Yeah, I was definitely both surprised and disappointed seeing the change in Shaishta. I was fully supportive of the character when I thought she just doesn't like Kamil since you can't force love. But the fact that the real reason for the rejection is that he's less educated than her is super disappointing. She always seemed like one of the nicer girls, didn't expect her to be this two-faced, especially since she wouldn't even have the opportunity she's so proud of if it weren't for Kamil. And there can be infinite reasons as to why he's less educated, like her sister pointed out, he's definitely one of the most open-minded, kind and supportive guys. It's a shame that all his qualities are being overlooked because of one flaw.

Edited by Zehnaseeb - 2 years ago
music_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Shaista rejecting Kamil based on that was disappointing especially when he was so supportive. Kamil really likes Shaista.

Mahjabeen is definitely my fav in the show πŸ˜† I think she lied about Rabia and created misunderstandings. So if I understood correctly Mahjabeen gave the right to Kumail to decide about their relationship. Kumail seemed genuinely interested in what she had learnt and her journey.

So Mahjabeen liked Rabia's brother? From the precap I mean.

I'm so not interested in seeing the girls getting another roommate

Major Osama's wife I forgot the name, their story is so slow and I get she is depressed and sad and hasn't moved on but atleast talk it out?!

1195620 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zehnaseeb

Yeah, I was definitely both surprised and disappointed seeing the change in Shaishta. I was fully supportive of the character when I thought she just doesn't like Kamil since you can't force love. But the fact that the real reason for the rejection is that he's less educated than her is super disappointing. She always seemed like one of the nicer girls, didn't expect her to be this two-faced, especially since she wouldn't even have the opportunity she's so proud of if it weren't for Kamil. And there can be infinite reasons as to why he's less educated, like her sister pointed out, he's definitely one of the most open-minded, kind and supportive guys. It's a shame that all his qualities are being overlooked because of one flaw.

I agreed. Initially I thought maybe there was something about Kamil that hasn't been bought out in the front to the audience to justify her rejection. Unless the writers are working on this flaw of Shaista and Moosa of stopping the discrimination towards Kamil in the upcoming episodes irrespective of whether the alliance gets called off, for now, it would be considered that after coming from PMA, she became egoistic.

This is what I thought of Moosa after episode 5 she disclosed that she was hitched without her consent:

If Moosa were to deliberate over the fact that setting up Shaista and Kamil was wrong after she disclosed that she was forced to hitch before leaving for PMA, then that is understandable as a father because he was only doing it for Shaista's happiness. He was oblivious of the real reason at the time and did it for his daughter's sake (though it would be unjustified towards Kamil but Moosa did it for his daughter's sake after she disclosed that she was forced to be married to Kamil without her consent without thinking twice). I have seen parents call off alliance for their children's sake without thinking twice.

But, boy, what a stupid reason. Kamil is better off without Shaista.

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago

this post is really interesting, a lot of people were raising the same point on YT as well and just my two cents on the entire development.

I don't think they're trying to show that a woman has to pick between her job and her family. Since they have Major Samiya perfectly balancing both aspects of her life with full support from her MIL. Rather, the army is giving them the confidence to stand up for themselves and follow their hearts.
When it comes to Shaishta, she's been wary of him since the start of the show and I don't think it's because of any reason other than the fact that she does not love him or just doesn't want to get married yet. The way I see it before going to PMA she agreed to get married to him since she felt like she had no other choice, now she's just a lot more confident and isn't scared of speaking her mind.

Mahjabeen like Shaishta, never had her heart in the relationship. But while Shaishta looks like she always wanted to break their engagement, Mahjabeen's is clearly using the army as an excuse which isn't fair to Kumail. But at the same time, being in a relationship like marriage when there is no love isn't fair either.

Irrespective of all this, I do feel bad for both guys too especially Kumail coz he was played big time.

But the point is that major samiya is not the main character.

Among leading ladies there is no one who is able to manage her relationship and career equally. I would love to see if there would be a female character here who would be married and her husband would have supported her.

Shaista wanted to reject kamil before PMA as she used to think that her marriage with kamil will ruin her dream of become army officer and now she is rejecting him on his qualifications. Likeness dislikeness ka chakkar nhi it's all selfishness and Superiority complex.

And don't know what happened to mahjabeen. She has an understanding partner then why to end that relationship.

And Rabiya her character is so plain. Neither she impressed me as cadet nor as person.

Sara character has best development while palwasha is also a good character

Zehnaseeb thumbnail

Originally posted by: _NINA_

But the point is that major samiya is not the main character.

Among leading ladies there is no one who is able to manage her relationship and career equally. I would love to see if there would be a female character here who would be married and her husband would have supported her.

Shaista wanted to reject kamil before PMA as she used to think that her marriage with kamil will ruin her dream of become army officer and now she is rejecting him on his qualifications. Likeness dislikeness ka chakkar nhi it's all selfishness and Superiority complex.

And don't know what happened to mahjabeen. She has an understanding partner then why to end that relationship.

And Rabiya her character is so plain. Neither she impressed me as cadet nor as person.

Sara character has best development while palwasha is also a good character

Definitely agree with you here, they strongly emphasized a lot of facets of supportive men, such as their fiance's, brothers, fathers, etc, but they completely brushed over one of the most important relationships in a woman's life, that of her husband. It would have been nice for sure if one was married and had a husband supporting her.

And yeah as I said, Shaishta came as a shock to me, maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to her in the initial episodes, but I literally did not expect her to be this shallow tbh. Rejecting him simply he's less educated when he has all the qualities a woman requires in her life partner is super petty. Kamil deserves a lot better though I'm unsure if he will get someone else or Shaishta will come around let's see.

With Mahjabeen lol I know I was wrong about Shaishta, but I don't seem to be wrong here at least.πŸ˜† She likes Daniyal. Mahjabeen and Rabia are childhood friends, so I'm assuming she's had feelings for Daniyal forever. Kumail always seemed like a rebound to me. He's a sweet guy and supportive enough too, but she's still reeling from her heartbreak. If she can let go of her childhood best friend over Daniyal, clearly her feelings were/are very strong.

Rabia they're slowly but surely developing her character a little more so I'm liking her now.

Definitely, Arzoo's story, as I mentioned in other posts too, seems to be over, so she's the most likable right now followed by Parivash who retained her innocence, unlike Shaishta. πŸ˜†

Zehnaseeb thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

I agreed. Initially I thought maybe there was something about Kamil that hasn't been bought out in the front to the audience to justify her rejection. Unless the writers are working on this flaw of Shaista and Moosa of stopping the discrimination towards Kamil in the upcoming episodes irrespective of whether the alliance gets called off, for now, it would be considered that after coming from PMA, she became egoistic.

This is what I thought of Moosa after episode 5 she disclosed that she was hitched without her consent:

If Moosa were to deliberate over the fact that setting up Shaista and Kamil was wrong after she disclosed that she was forced to hitch before leaving for PMA, then that is understandable as a father because he was only doing it for Shaista's happiness. He was oblivious of the real reason at the time and did it for his daughter's sake (though it would be unjustified towards Kamil but Moosa did it for his daughter's sake after she disclosed that she was forced to be married to Kamil without her consent without thinking twice). I have seen parents call off alliance for their children's sake without thinking twice.

But, boy, what a stupid reason. Kamil is better off without Shaista.

So did I, I really didn't think they would show this because it makes Shaishta look so bad and they're hell-bent on doing a full-on propaganda promotion for the army here.🀣

@bold Yeah, it is one thing that Shaishta has this much attitude and another thing that her dad thinks the same way as her and is immediately ready to call off their marriage just because she's more educated than him now. When previously her consent, (or lack thereof) which is infinite times more important for a marriage, was completely irrelevant to him. I wonder if he will end up married to her little sister?

Edited by Zehnaseeb - 2 years ago
1195620 thumbnail

So did I, I really didn't think they would show this because it makes Shaishta look so bad and they're hell-bent on doing a full-on propaganda promotion for the army here.🀣

@bold Yeah, it is one thing that Shaishta has this much attitude and another thing that her dad thinks the same way as her and is immediately ready to call off their marriage just because she's more educated than him now. When previously her consent, (or lack thereof) which is infinite times more important for a marriage, was completely irrelevant to him. I wonder if he will end up married to her little sister?

Honestly speaking, I'm not sure what dynamics are going to enter as to Kamil ending up with Shaista's sister or Shaista herself either. πŸ˜†

I mean, as per episodes she considers Kamil as a brother figure (but who knows what ends up laterπŸ˜†). Whether Shaista ends up with him or not, this deigning attitude is not going to aid her down the road in terms of personality growth.

Earlier she used to praise how PMA cares for talent over gender and used to berate her grandma for such regressive thoughts. Yet, her discriminatory behavior towards Kamil was stupid.

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago
music_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Definitely agree with you here, they strongly emphasized a lot of facets of supportive men, such as their fiance's, brothers, fathers, etc, but they completely brushed over one of the most important relationships in a woman's life, that of her husband. It would have been nice for sure if one was married and had a husband supporting her.

And yeah as I said, Shaishta came as a shock to me, maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to her in the initial episodes, but I literally did not expect her to be this shallow tbh. Rejecting him simply he's less educated when he has all the qualities a woman requires in her life partner is super petty. Kamil deserves a lot better though I'm unsure if he will get someone else or Shaishta will come around let's see.

With Mahjabeen lol I know I was wrong about Shaishta, but I don't seem to be wrong here at least.πŸ˜† She likes Daniyal. Mahjabeen and Rabia are childhood friends, so I'm assuming she's had feelings for Daniyal forever. Kumail always seemed like a rebound to me. He's a sweet guy and supportive enough too, but she's still reeling from her heartbreak. If she can let go of her childhood best friend over Daniyal, clearly her feelings were/are very strong.

Rabia they're slowly but surely developing her character a little more so I'm liking her now.

Definitely, Arzoo's story, as I mentioned in other posts too, seems to be over, so she's the most likable right now followed by Parivash who retained her innocence, unlike Shaishta. πŸ˜†

I like Mahjabeen and Kumail but Mahjabeen always gives best friend chilled type of vibes with him πŸ˜†

I hope Arzoo and Naurez's chapter is over. Didn't like that guy one bit.

Hayat97 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Since the first episode, I haven't liked shaista's character. Maybe it's her mannerisms but she seems really rude self centred. Along with Rabia, both characters seem quite unkind. But Shaista seems to be the kind of person who generally finds joy in others' sorrow. Her expression in the upcoming promo seemed so mean spirited. Atleast Rabia has the policy of live and let live. She doesn't react until someone personally attacks her. Shaista on the other hand loves to know everyone's business but has contributed positively to noone. Yumna's a great actress but Shaista is just too annoying.