Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1195620 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Regarding Rabia, I feel she has some kind of superiority complex for some reason especially when it comes to the animosity she has towards Mahjabeen. It's like if you bond with her, she'll be good friends with you but if that friend says anything against her thoughts, she develops some kind of harshness.

Similar thing with Mahjbeen in regards to her relationship with Rabia but it's not that overbearing. I just find it's something in Rabia's mind against Mahjabeen after she refused to be with Daniyal though Daniyal's over her and seemed to focus more on Rabia's training at PMA.

Zehnaseeb thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

Regarding Rabia, I feel she has some kind of superiority complex for some reason especially when it comes to the animosity she has towards Mahjabeen. It's like if you bond with her, she'll be good friends with you but if that friend says anything against her thoughts, she develops some kind of harshness.

Similar thing with Mahjbeen in regards to her relationship with Rabia but it's not that overbearing. I just find it's something in Rabia's mind against Mahjabeen after she refused to be with Daniyal though Daniyal's over her and seemed to focus more on Rabia's training at PMA.

That has been consistent about Rabiya from the start so I don't find it too overbearing tbh. Even in her intro promo, she emphasized the fact that she is a topper and people in lower ranks have achieved so much more than her. Despite being out of that environment, her attitude hasn't changed a bit, considering her entire family belongs to the army she was a lot more prepared and knew what to expect therefore the competitive streak she's always had continues. And didn't she say in that scene with Daniyal that Mahjabeen is the only person she's ever lost to, so it makes sense why she has so much animosity towards her based on the above. Add to which she hero-worships Daniyal so from her perspective, I completely get her anger. Though she needs to tone down big time and come back to planet earth which I hope she does eventually. It's ironic but watching Nadeem's IV and all I thought Mahjabeen would be super competitive outside the academy and suck at everything and calm down, but instead Rabiya is super overconfident and is excelling despite the overconfidence. So the lesson of struggling and failing seems like it should've been for Rabiya instead of Mahjabeen.

With Mahjabeen on the other hand, her characteristics are neither her strong family values nor her competitiveness. She had a very gives no damn, nonchalant attitude about everything. Passed passive-aggressive remarks towards Rabiya initially, but backed off when she started struggling herself coz she has no time to focus or care about Rabiya anymore. But both have made it clear that neither can forgive so Mahjabeen isn't any less in that regard.

About the last bit and looking at their characters and the little hints they've thrown here and there, I don't think Mahjabeen turned him down, she clearly seemed to have been/is still love with him. I'm assuming her parents insulted Rabiya's family since they aren't as well off financially and Rabiya assumed Mahjabeen turned him down. That seems to make more sense with all the characters involved. The promo did show Mahjabeen breaking up with Ali's character so I'm curious to know how she will end up. Whether alone or with Ali's character or with Daniyal.

I have to say though I love Usman-Kubra's chemistry and it's a shame that this is the second show in a few months flat where they don't end up together. A super underutilized pair like Sajal and Bilal.

Edited by Zehnaseeb - 2 years ago
Zehnaseeb thumbnail

Originally posted by: _NINA_

Episode was fine

I felt for mahjabeen. She is the one who completely changed her life style for army.

I did not get one thing when did rabiya and nathy that great friends that rabiya offered nathy to spend her holidays at her place. Thori inki friendship dekha dety pehly toh acha hota. I guess they will show that rabya's father and nathy's father were friends iss liye rabiya nathy ko apny ghar ly kar gayi.

I'm having the same problem with this show, they have so many characters, so many open stories, that they don't have time to build on anything. I'm having a hard time buying any of the friendships coz they're barely showing it, it's one-two odd scenes of convos, and suddenly they are BFFs. But I'm assuming that will be the link or the development is completely irrelevant.

Zehnaseeb thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hayat97

I was really rooting for this drama. Still am a little. But the direction and pace is getting sloppy this past month. You have some of the best actresses in Pakistan and instead of showing them actually build relationships and a sense of unity amongst themselves, you are simply wasting too much time showing Sonia Mishal's character and her pain.

Her story just doesn't interest me in relation to this drama. The friendships between the girls is very confusing. We are "told" that they have become closer rather than "shown" because instead of connecting scenes and emotions together, they are too busy cramming multiple storylines. I understand it is important to give equal screen time to each big-name actress, but then the story narration is suffering here. It becomes especially obvious when the drama only airs once a week. So it literally feels like nothing happened in the 40-minute episode. Everyone is exactly where they were two weeks ago.

They'll be going back home next week. So hopefully the show picks up the pace like the first three episodes.

I completely agree with this post. I loved the show before they got to the academy, and I liked the first two-three episodes in the academy as well, but I'm quickly losing interest as the episodes are going on. They're showing their training session in excessive detail while there seems to be little work on character development or an actual storyline. And as you stated, they've started 50 stories simultaneously, all of which have gotten absolutely nowhere. I personally don't mind Sonia's story or her character, but was it needed in between an already super overcrowded show? No. It shows that they are trying their hardest to show all five/seven girls equally, but in an attempt to do so, I'm not connecting with any of them. My favourite actresses from the lot are translating into my favourite characters just because there has been little development or movement storywise of any of them. I've already gotten to skip over it, so was the show better now that they've left the academy or still disappointing? And I'm watching EEW side by side to get an understanding of where this show will be going, and the saluting test was at the two-month mark at the academy there. So I guess it will just move back and forth between them going home and being at the academy till the end which sucks coz I hate their scenes in the academy. I thought (hoped) the six months were done as was their training and the show would proceed to untangle all the knots they've tied, but clearly not.

Originally posted by: Zehnaseeb

I'm having the same problem with this show, they have so many characters, so many open stories, that they don't have time to build on anything. I'm having a hard time buying any of the friendships coz they're barely showing it, it's one-two odd scenes of convos, and suddenly they are BFFs. But I'm assuming that will be the link or the development is completely irrelevant.

Yeah strong bonds and friendships are missing in story.

viji2111 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

This happened with eh de wafa too...once Ahad's character got into PMA his story slowed down...but there were other characters to compensate...but here all are in PMA..but now they are at homes so I am looking forward...

stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

I have stopped watching this show and i just check in here to see if anything has progressed from plot per se. I'm so done with daily vlog type of episodes of the training.

Zehnaseeb thumbnail

Originally posted by: _NINA_

Yeah strong bonds and friendships are missing in story.

I feel the original four friendships they showed, were shown organically and therefore looked a lot more believable, namely Mahjabeen Shaishta, Parivash Rabiya, Arzoo Sidra and Mahjabeen Rabiya. But the second they switched the girls up and put them with another, it just looks like they're trying to make sure all the girls they hired, interact with one another instead of meaning anything.

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: stardust2011

I have stopped watching this show and i just check in here to see if anything has progressed from plot per se. I'm so done with daily vlog type of episodes of the training.

I too stopped watching it.😆 I've been busy.. and after that didn't feel like resume watching it.

It is on the top of TRPs chart, and online views.😲

Zehnaseeb thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

I too stopped watching it.😆 I've been busy.. and after that didn't feel like resume watching it.

It is on the top of TRPs chart, and online views.😲

tbh that was expected though wasn't it just looking at the cast list. I knew it'll top and I'm sure all those involved in it likewise knew it'll top without any effort or storyline just coz of how many actors they've squeezed into the show. Or maybe we really are in the minority and the show is as spectacular as the TRPs show which I don't see or believe but yeah🤣