Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: stardust2011

Just dropping in to say "Hi.. Finally I have started watching this drama. Binge watched first 4 episodes." 😬

Yumna is ❤️. She is soooo good, such a treat to eyes when she is on screen.

Although ii do not understand the regional and cultural references in this show (waziristan, pashto, peshawar etc) i am liking how each character is so different from other. I think makers have casted the parts really well. All the girls are doing so well.. Special mention to makers for choosing Syra for Aarzoo's part. She is not the best actor perhaps even the weakest amongst the rest, but she has been cast aptly. Aarzoo's scenes are soft and normal and doesn't require Syra to do heavy lifting like Yumna, Sajal or Kubra character. She just has to be simple, normal and endearing which is much like Syra offscreen. Dananeer is quite a surprise. For a first timer she is holding up well against the experienced cast. Comic timing is quite good too.

Glad that you started watching it and liked it 😳

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Just dropping in to say "Hi.. Finally I have started watching this drama. Binge watched first 4 episodes." 😬

Yumna is ❤️. She is soooo good, such a treat to eyes when she is on screen.

Although ii do not understand the regional and cultural references in this show (waziristan, pashto, peshawar etc) i am liking how each character is so different from other. I think makers have casted the parts really well. All the girls are doing so well.. Special mention to makers for choosing Syra for Aarzoo's part. She is not the best actor perhaps even the weakest amongst the rest, but she has been cast aptly. Aarzoo's scenes are soft and normal and doesn't require Syra to do heavy lifting like Yumna, Sajal or Kubra character. She just has to be simple, normal and endearing which is much like Syra offscreen. Dananeer is quite a surprise. For a first timer she is holding up well against the experienced cast. Comic timing is quite good too.

I am glad we are watching few dramas togather, as it a delight reading your reviews . 😃

I too am liking this drama, but I am yet to watch the latest 3 episodes.😒 Sometimes I get busy.

Till now Yumna and Kubra are more interesting to watch. Sajal and Ramsha do well too, but I prefer Yumna/Kubra and even Dananeer scenes.😃

stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

This is like watching female Ehd e Wafa. 😬

Quick questions:

1. Aarzoo is shown as Christian rt? Then why does her family keep saying Khuda, Allah kare etc and never Lord or Jesus? Are actors/makers not allowed to show that on TV?

2. The guy with Aarzoo, he keeps asking her for photos/selfies. I found it awkward.. I wasn't sure if that was a way of depicting what kind of relationship they share? May be trying to convey they share bit of physical intimacy or she sends him explicit pictures etc. Not to sound perv, but otherwise why would a guy (clearly a f**kboi) hang out with a girl for 5years for timepass with no intention of commitment matlab he must be getting or expecting something in return rt?

awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

Quick questions:

1. Aarzoo is shown as Christian rt? Then why does her family keep saying Khuda, Allah kare etc and never Lord or Jesus? Are actors/makers not allowed to show that on TV?

2. The guy with Aarzoo, he keeps asking her for photos/selfies. I found it awkward.. I wasn't sure if that was a way of depicting what kind of relationship they share? May be trying to convey they share bit of physical intimacy or she sends him explicit pictures etc. Not to sound perv, but otherwise why would a guy (clearly a f**kboi) hang out with a girl for 5years for timepass with no intention of commitment matlab he must be getting or expecting something in return rt?

Finally caught up with the latest 2 episodes. I like it how Mahajabeen sacrifised her luxury for army, although not whole heartedly.😆

I don't think there's anything against presenting christian religion on tv, since there were many non muslim characters were shown in Pakistani tv, and there was also a drama which showed a woman who convert to christian from Islam.😲 In Sang E Mah 1st ep which aired last week.. there were a Sikh character shown praying for his lord. Maybe it is a mistake, or maybe in Pakistan Christians use word Khuda and God for the same meaning. In fact Khuda isn't a name of Allah. I am not sure where this word come from!😕

stardust2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

Finally caught up with the latest 2 episodes. I like it how Mahajabeen sacrifised her luxury for army, although not whole heartedly.😆

I don't think there's anything against presenting christian religion on tv, since there were many non muslim characters were shown in Pakistani tv, and there was also a drama which showed a woman who convert to christian from Islam.😲 In Sang E Mah 1st ep which aired last week.. there were a Sikh character shown praying for his lord. Maybe it is a mistake, or maybe in Pakistan Christians use word Khuda and God for the same meaning. In fact Khuda isn't a name of Allah. I am not sure where this word come from!😕

Yeah..I think there was one drama with Sarwat as Hindu too. I just felt odd that in this one they show nothing to convey them being Christian as such like names are conveniently atheist like Ayesha, Aarzoo etc with a Daniel surname, she doesn't wear a cross, takes dupatta on head, their house has no Jesus pictures/idols, they don't use any terms specific to Jesus or Lord while talking etc.

I don't know how minorities have adapted in Pakistan and how much of these above points are cultural versus religious ways. May be someone from Pakistan can shed some light.

Quick questions:

I don't think so that Showing such characters are not allowed. Watched few dramas with Characters from Other religions. I guess maybe it's a loophole or maybe They also believe on Allah. I have seen few hindus who prays by taking Allah's name.

As it's pak drama so they will not go in that deep. So No physical intimacy But this relationship is more like timepass for noraiz. Don't know why he wants her pictures. But maybe kuch hoty hongy tarsey howey aasihq jo Picture dekh kar time pass karty hoongy.

Another good episode

Enjoying watching this drama

awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

Yeah..I think there was one drama with Sarwat as Hindu too. I just felt odd that in this one they show nothing to convey them being Christian as such like names are conveniently atheist like Ayesha, Aarzoo etc with a Daniel surname, she doesn't wear a cross, takes dupatta on head, their house has no Jesus pictures/idols, they don't use any terms specific to Jesus or Lord while talking etc.

I don't know how minorities have adapted in Pakistan and how much of these above points are cultural versus religious ways. May be someone from Pakistan can shed some light.

@bold. I hope someone does. There was a drama: Marym Parera which showed Christians' lives in Pakistan. That was more convincing. Here I feel director didn't pay attentions to the details you talked about. 😊

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: awida

@bold. I hope someone does. There was a drama: Marym Parera which showed Christians' lives in Pakistan. That was more convincing. Here I feel director didn't pay attentions to the details you talked about. 😊

its also produced by the army so my guess is that they showed such to kinda of point out that hey we're inclusive towards minorities.

kind of like how when someone brings up that minorities in pakistan aren't treated equally, the response generally is like that minority is a judge, or that minority person has that position of power so one person success means we don't treat minority communities like crap.

stardust2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

its also produced by the army so my guess is that they showed such to kinda of point out that hey we're inclusive towards minorities.

kind of like how when someone brings up that minorities in pakistan aren't treated equally, the response generally is like that minority is a judge, or that minority person has that position of power so one person success means we don't treat minority communities like crap.

You mean like "Token Representation". Yeah I agree, seems like a convenient representation without delving too much into the details.