Frequent Posters

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

PC seems main character n Ranbir, Ileana like side characters lol

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I'd like to add another point here. A lot of people say that Barfi only went for Jhilmil after he saw Shruti and her husband but the guy never got closure. He kissed the girl he loved and she disappeared, breaking all contact with him.

Barfi knew the difference between Shruti and him, but the fact remains she didn't end it properly and went away, that to she being his first female attraction.

As much as I loved Shruti and understood her, she had lost Barfi that day itself. And when she saw how pure Barfi and Jhilmil's love was (the last shoe throwing scenes), even she knew she had lost him.

Stella_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I'd like to add another point here. A lot of people say that Barfi only went for Jhilmil after he saw Shruti and her husband but the guy never got closure. He kissed the girl he loved and she disappeared, breaking all contact with him.

Barfi knew the difference between Shruti and him, but the fact remains she didn't end it properly and went away, that to she being his first female attraction.

As much as I loved Shruti and understood her, she had lost Barfi that day itself. And when she saw how pure Barfi and Jhilmil's love was (the last shoe throwing scenes), even she knew she had lost him.

that’s how I saw that scene , barfi finally getting some closure cos even though he moved on or was moving on there was no closure to that particular chapter of his life

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stella_001

that’s how I saw that scene , barfi finally getting some closure cos even though he moved on or was moving on there was no closure to that particular chapter of his life

Exactly. I have been in a similar situation previously so I know how painful and frustrating it can be, not getting closure.

OT: Remember that one scene after the kiss when Barfi goes to Shruti's house with the letter and finds out she's getting married? What must Barfi have felt that time.

There's one dialogue that Shruti says in the end, I got the English version but that pretty much shows why Barfi and Jhilmil were endgame.

But it was Jhilmil who got Barfi.

Because she didn't plan to fall in love.

She didn't think about the consequences.

She didn't think how life would turn out.

She just loved him unconditionally.

And it all turned out well in the end.

Also, Jhilmil could not express her feelings the way Shruti could, but the fact we all felt it showed how strong it was.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Exactly. I have been in a similar situation previously so I know how painful and frustrating it can be, not getting closure.

OT: Remember that one scene after the kiss when Barfi goes to Shruti's house with the letter and finds out she's getting married? What must Barfi have felt that time.

There's one dialogue that Shruti says in the end, I got the English version but that pretty much shows why Barfi and Jhilmil were endgame.

But it was Jhilmil who got Barfi.

Because she didn't plan to fall in love.

She didn't think about the consequences.

She didn't think how life would turn out.

She just loved him unconditionally.

And it all turned out well in the end.

Also, Jhilmil could not express her feelings the way Shruti could, but the fact we all felt it showed how strong it was.

Thats deep. I didn't even think about all this when I saw the movie πŸ˜†

I just thought Barfi/Jhilmil had cuter dynamic than him and Shruti

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Thats deep. I didn't even think about all this when I saw the movie πŸ˜†

I just thought Barfi/Jhilmil had cuter dynamic than him and Shruti

Barfi was always a deep movie but as you grow older you understand it much better. 😊

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Barfi was always a deep movie but as you grow older you understand it much better. 😊

Ill try it on rewatch. I knew it was Chaplin style silent comedy love story. I also know it still has the stigma of so many lifted scenes form other movies πŸ˜† Ill try to look for the depth now.

I have said before if you watch a movie @ age 10, 20, and 30 it can be like 3 different films

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Ill try it on rewatch. I knew it was Chaplin style silent comedy love story. I also know it still has the stigma of so many lifted scenes form other movies πŸ˜† Ill try to look for the depth now.

I have said before if you watch a movie @ age 10, 20, and 30 it can be like 3 different films

@bold this is so true.

I am rewatching Barfi right now and even though I loved it when I was a teenager, shed a few tears, the emotional scenes make my heartstrings tug so hard now! My eyes are red from all the crying and I still have half the film left! 😭

Beyond all the copied scenes, there were many layers and msgs, do look for those 😊

Maroonporsche thumbnail

@bold this is so true.

I am rewatching Barfi right now and even though I loved it when I was a teenager, shed a few tears, the emotional scenes make my heartstrings tug so hard now! My eyes are red from all the crying and I still have half the film left! 😭

Beyond all the copied scenes, there were many layers and msgs, do look for those 😊

On my first viewing when it came out in 2012 the only crying I was doing was this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxIQH-g23gY&feature=emb_title

But if I watch again ill grab lots of tissues.

Alot of times depth and symbolism is beyond me but Ill try too find it πŸ˜‰

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

On my first viewing when it came out in 2012 the only crying I was doing was this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxIQH-g23gY&feature=emb_title

But if I watch again ill grab lots of tissues.

Alot of times depth and symbolism is beyond me but Ill try too find it πŸ˜‰

@bold: my mind just went the same route when u said tissues πŸ˜΅πŸ˜†

But seriously, whenever u can, watch it. πŸ˜ƒ