Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BasKahDia thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: beingsidd

Salman questioning Rubina's english should have googled the words first. Not saying she is right using english in hindi show. But she is atleast not wrong with her words hindi or english. ðŸ˜†

rampant

/ˈramp(ə)nt/

adjective

1. (especially of something unwelcome) flourishing or spreading unchecked.
    "political violence was rampant"

rivalry

/ˈrʌɪv(ə)lri/

noun

1. competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field

dividation

1 : to perform mathematical division. 2a(1) : to undergo replication, multiplication, fission, or separation into parts. (2) : to branch out. b : to become separated or disunited especially in opinion or interest.

Dividation is not a word. Don’t give wrong twist. You are giving definition of Divide here.

Rampant is word, but it is not verb. She said rampanting, which wrong derivative. For Rivalry, I need to watch again if It is was rivalry or some other derivative.

Padmajaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: BasKahDia

Dividation is not a word. Don’t give wrong twist. You are giving definition of Divide here.

Rampant is word, but it is not verb. She said rampanting, which wrong derivative. For Rivalry, I need to watch again if It is was rivalry or some other derivative.

She pronounced it as revelry.

Padmajaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: BasKahDia

She said and I quote Despite the fact when you came rampanting on me!!!

Please TM now find this in the dictionary!

And using dividation in the task for the side demarcated for each side is certainly not the right context plus the word doesn't exist. Please stop justifying just for the sake of it!

Picasso9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Padmajaan

She pronounced it as revelry.

yes.  She said revelry. And revelry is celebration. So context matters. She may have masters on book but tenga in practice. 

Picasso9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Padmajaan

She said and I quote Despite the fact when you came rampanting on me!!!

Please TM now find this in the dictionary!

And using dividation in the task for the side demarcated for each side is certainly not the right context plus the word doesn't exist. Please stop justifying just for the sake of it!

in the context she was speaking, correct word should have been rampaging not rampanting.  She made up the word. 

Padmajaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Picasso9

in the context she was speaking, correct word should have been rampaging not rampanting.  She made up the word. 

Exactly!

Padmajaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Picasso9

and by the way, she pronounced it as rampenting! ðŸ¤£

Edited by Padmajaan - 3 years ago
Padmajaan thumbnail

Basically the pitfalls of half-cooked knowledge but trying to use it as a weapon to prove her class and superiority over others like Arshi, Rakhi, etc.  and obviously being called out for it!

And on top of it claiming to be a gold medalist in English and an MA in English makes it even worse for her!

dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ShahZur

In live feeds , i observed she always speaks  hindi like they are english words . Putting  "ing" infront of hindi word . 

🤣

that is called hinglish which is quite common in Mumbai where she and I are from

JumpingViolets thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She said 'dividisation' not dividation.

And 'rampanting' not just rampant. Even Abhinav was irritated with this word.

And 'revelry' for rivalry.

If she is correct, then why was she making those faces?

Edited by JumpingViolets - 3 years ago