ads By AdRecover

Written By

DNA Web Team 

Edited By

Shaheen Irani

Source

DNA webdesk

Updated: Dec 27, 2020, 09:13 PM IST 

Filmmaker Anurag Basu, who launched Kangana Ranaut's career in Bollywood, says he doesn't meet the actress often but when they do meet, it is like old times. In a recent interview, he said that the public personality is something he doesn't understand.

In an interview with Mid-Day, Anurag said that he has seen a different Kangana from what her public persona is. The filmmaker thinks that Kangana has two personalities.

He said, "Not really. We usually don’t meet, but whenever we do, this [public] persona is not the Kangana I [know] personally. So I think there are two Kanganas. Beech wali [the other one] I don’t understand."

Anurag had launched Kangana's career back in 2006 with 'Gangster'. The movie launched her opposite Emraan Hashmi and Shiney Ahuja.

"Of the 20-25 girls we auditioned for the part, her face just stuck in my head - there was something unique about her," remembered Anurag Basu.

He added, "In the beginning, she needed guidance for everything. But she is a really fast learner. I have seen her growth during the filming of Gangster itself."

"There was something very raw and organic about her, very refreshing, very new."

For the uninformed, Kangana won several best debut awards for the film.

More recently, Kangana has been grabbing headlines for calling out a 'movie mafia'. She has called out Karan Johar, Mahesh Bhatt, Javed Akhtar and others. The actor often speaks about Hrithik Roshan and Aditya Pancholi too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

I thought it her public persona for the longest time but her stance and discours are more and more problematic. She also seems to think she's especially targeted by everyone in the industry which doesn't bode well in term of her mental health imo.

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

I thought it her public persona for the longest time but her stance and discours are more and more problematic. She also seems to think she's especially targeted by everyone in the industry which doesn't bode well in term of her mental health imo.

Are you thinking what I am thinking?

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

Most people in bollywood aim to ignore Kangana's existence.

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Mister it has names and they even have treatments....!

Bipolar Disorder

Schizophrenia

Psychosis 

or a combination, as colorful and unique as there are people.

There is also plain old amoral-evil and coupled with any of the mental disorders ....you get a  kangana.

QUIT justifying her tantrums and her nasty behavior, you guys are feeding the monster.  (keep this between us but...the monster attacks you when you turn your back and least expect it because it does not care that you fed it five minutes ago...or it poisons itself...the last is the best option for all other people).

GumGum thumbnail

Woh wala ladoo khana nahin chahiye tha.

Originally posted by: CriticusExpert

Mister it has names and they even have treatments....!

Bipolar Disorder

Schizophrenia

Psychosis 

or a combination, as colorful and unique as there are people.

There is also plain old amoral-evil and coupled with any of the mental disorders ....you get a  kangana.

QUIT justifying her tantrums and her nasty behavior, you guys are feeding the monster.  (keep this between us but...the monster attacks you when you turn your back and least expect it because it does not care that you fed it five minutes ago...or it poisons itself...the last is the best option for all other people).

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/15/05/5a/15055a1abaa60d02d1c5d0ce3f7cd87e.jpg