Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vyapti thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Asking again, what's the point of the much publicized Anant Mahamilan when there hasn't been a separation in first place? 😅

Would that Anant Mahamilan curse us with the sight of the divine lovers performing a happy nritya over the submerged Dwarka? Ki chalo jaan chooti sab logon se. ðŸĪŠ

Moushala Parva was for me the most disturbing part of Mahabharata. With RK's blessing the writers have made it a comedy. Laughter therapy.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I still want to understand how are they claiming that they will continue the show. 

I have a feeling they have more to come

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

I still want to understand how are they claiming that they will continue the show. 

I have a feeling they have more to come

Even i am wondering. Maybe they have stories as a result of mix and match from various sources and their goddamn imaginations.  

Aarthiviji thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Asking again, what's the point of the much publicized Anant Mahamilan when there hasn't been a separation in first place? 😅

Would that Anant Mahamilan curse us with the sight of the divine lovers performing a happy nritya over the submerged Dwarka? Ki chalo jaan chooti sab logon se. ðŸĪŠ

Hehe

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

I know how they will continue. They made Sambha and Jambhavati villain and vamp and Radha the ultimate savior of Dwaraka. Then they will make Satyabhama and her children villains and again Radha the savior. Then they will make Revati or even Balram villains. Thankfully Rukmini is not part of the show anymore otherwise she would have been maha vamp. 😂

I guess that's how they will keep dragging their Swastik Puraan until Star Bharat says, bas bhi karo aur chalo niklo yaha se. 😂 Then finally RK will end. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Balram is already a villain in the text. Even more than Karna, Balram gets whitewashed. The criminal raped Yamuna as per HV. Krishna later married her probably because of that. According to Brahmavaivarta Purana, Balram kept raping her. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Aarthiviji thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Balram is already a villain in the text. Even more than Karna, Balram gets whitewashed. The criminal raped Yamuna as per HV. Krishna later married her probably because of that. According to Brahmavaivarta Purana, Balram kept raping her. 

Omg never heard this...

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I posted the citation in one of the prior threads. Don't remember where now. Could be the EDT.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sweetypie34

Omg never heard this...

Found my prior post. 

Why do some men do these things? Rape is a crime of power. He'd just realized he was a prince and was given partial credit for defeating Jarasandha's army though he was drunk as a skunk at the time, and it was Krishna who did the heavy work.

So money and power. 

Balram went to visit Gokul. He called Yamuna to "sport" with him. She refused. So he did what he wanted, anyway.

She then lamented how will she return to her sisters as she'd be mocked. He said he didn't care where she went.

Krishna eventually married her.

If we think of this in natural not supernatural terms, a man cannot drag a river or marry her. 

My best guess would be a woman who lived by the riverside.

(See bolded parts in citation below. You can see how violent it was. Also, plough is considered a euphemism for male equipment.)

Brahmavaivarta Purana doesn't make the pretense of calling her a river. In it, Balram was accused of calling his brother's wife to him constantly. Aniruddha tried to excuse it by saying it was because she was needed to help him bathe. Yup, a sister-in-law.

http://mahabharata-resources.org/harivamsa/vishnuparva/hv_2_046.html

Holding the plough in his hand, strong like a snake and sparkling with the mace in the (other) 

the intoxicated (balarAma), the best among the powerful, sparkled with his face swaying (due to intoxication), like moon swaying in the nights of cold season.

rAma told yamunA: O great river! I wish to take bath. O the one who goes to the sea! Come to me in your form.

Rejecting the words spoken by the intoxicated sa~NkarShaNa (balarAma), stupefied by her womanly nature, she did not go to that place.

Then the powerful (bala)rAma, stirred by intoxication, became angry. He took up the plough in his hand, keeping its point down, ready for dragging.

Then the garland of lotus flowers fell on earth. The flower buds were released and the water became red with the pollen of flowers.

Using the plough with its point down, (bala)rAma dragged the great river yamunA as though the river was a woman swerving from her duty.

The frightened river along with its perturbed water and many ponds deviated along the route made by the plough.

That river flowing forcefully in a curved manner as indicated by the plough was distressed like a woman, due to the fear of sa~NkarShaNa (balarAma).

With her banks similar to thighs, bimbAh (the fruit of the Momordica Monadelpha) as lips, splashing water and broken foam as her girdle, the river was distressed, as the water breached its banks.

According to Monier Williams

bibmAh: the fruit of the Momordica Monadelpha (to which the lips of women are often compared)

With the troubled rows of waves, having chakravAka (Anas Casarca) birds as her breasts, splendorous with her fast flowing currents, decorated by the distressed fish,

along with groups of swans, with a loose dress of linen of grass, her beautiful hair of trees on her banks, with the distressed flow of water,

angry, due to the plough tearing her limbs, the river going to the sea, like an intoxicated dishonest woman, who goes along the royal path,

was dragged quickly with force. Her currents diverted before, she was re-routed through the forest of vR^indAvana.

The river yamunA, brought to the middle of vR^indAvana forest , full of sounds of aquatic birds, appeared like crying.

The great river yamunA, breaching the forest of vR^indAvana, taking the form of a woman told bala(rAma):

(yamunA said): O lord! Be pleased. I am afraid due to my opposing action. My aquatic form is also getting diverted.

O son of rohiNi (balarAma)! You made me unchaste among rivers. O the one with great arms! By dragging I have diverted from my route.

My fast co-wives will reach the sea quickly before me, If my route is diverted, I will be laughed at by the water foams.

O valiant! Be pleased with me. O elder brother of kR^iShNa, I appeal to you. O the best among deva-s, Be pleased always with me.

I was dragged by the plough. Please refrain from the anger.

O the one with plough as weapon! I keep my head on your feet (I surrender to you). O the one with great arms! I wish to go along the route directed by you.

vaishampAyana said:

The one with plough as weapon (balarAma) saw the river yamunA surrendering to him. Exhausted with intoxication, he spoke these words to the bride of ocean:

(balarAma said:) O beautiful at sight! Auspicious lady! Kindly give water at all places along the route indicated by my plough.

O one with beautiful brows! This is my order to you, who goes to the ocean. O illustrious woman! Be calm. You can now proceed as you wish.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Aarthiviji thumbnail

Found my prior post. 

Reading all these my mind says Treta Yuga is better.

This is bad example yaar ..itni buraa kya... sochke seriously..

Edited by Sweetypie34 - 3 years ago