Aamir son to debut in a Neeraj Pandey film

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Aamir Khan's Son Junaid Khan Set To Make His Bollywood Debut; More Details Inside!

Updated: 18 October, 2020 11:50 IST | mid-day online correspondent | Mumbai

There is tattle that Aamir Khan's son Junaid Khan is set for Bollywood. If trade sources are to be believed, he will make his debut in the remake of the Malayalam film Ishq (2019), which deals with moral policing. Special Chabbis fame Neeraj Pandey will helm the romantic thriller.

Junaid, who studied filmmaking in the US, was seen on stage in Quasar Thakore Padamsee's Mother Courage and Her Children and in sister Ira's directorial debut, Medea. Junaid, Aamir's elder child from his previous marriage to Reena Dutta, worked as an assistant director in Rajkumar Hirani's PK (2014).

Coincidently, Aamir had also worked in a film titled Ishq (1997) helmed by Indra Kumar, co-starring Juhi Chawla, Ajay Devgn and Kajol.

In 2019, Aamir Khan had spoken about Junaid's inclination towards theatre more than films. "It is up to him (about making his film debut). He should lead his own life and take his own decisions. I don't want to take it for him. I have left it all to him. He certainly has an inclination towards the creative world and towards filmmaking. He is following his path, he has studied theatre. He is actually more interested in theatre than films. I am allowing him to go and find his own path. That's how it should be. He is very bright," Aamir said in an interview.

The superstar had also made it clear, then, that if Junaid wants to venture in to Bollywood as an actor, then he will have to follow the proper process and give audition for roles. "If I feel there is something that I got and if he (Junaid) fits in, then only (I will cast him)... He will have to go through a casting process. He hasn't auditioned for anything," Aamir said.

Junaid Khan did two years of training and theatre in American Academy of Dramatic Arts in LA and then he did plays for one year there. He has been in theatre for more than four years now.

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/aamir-khans-son-junaid-khan-set-to-make-his-bollywood-debut-more-details-inside/23047206

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Nepokids ped pe nahi ugte, unhe banana padta hain, pyar se, mehnat se, lagan se.

if he is even half as talented as his Dad...he will make it....welcome to BW boy..👍🏼

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He’s already 26 

juba thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The article says he learned acting and then did theatre and some off camera work. cut him some slack..look at his father's stardom. people will constantly compare him with what Aamir achieved in 30 years.  I wish him all the best. Hope he is talented.

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: juba

The article says he learned acting and then did theatre and some off camera work. cut him some slack..look at his father's stardom. people will constantly compare him with what Aamir achieved in 30 years.  I wish him all the best. Hope he is talented.

No-one ever cuts any slack for outsiders. Why the special treatment? And I say this with Aamir being my fav Khan.

GumGum thumbnail

Log aaj kal energy dekhte hai. Issi liye Ranveer, Tiger, Varun (Though going through low phase, he'd make a comeback in two years), Kartik... logon ke favorites hai. Ranbir ek time pe energetic tha, lekin ab lethargic hai... try bhi karta hai toh tryhard lagta hai...naturally woh energy nahin laa paata. 

Ilahi thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

What does he look like right now? Has the transformation been done?

FeminEra thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

i have seen the movie it was really good but junaid is not hero looking i think he would play the role of that dirty cop who molests the heroinePhoto: The Economic Times