Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

You know know how men behave differently at work and at home. They may behave like good husband at home but lusty creep at work. Besidese Men do know who is weak and can be exploited. So they choose target accordingly. If these allegations are true, then punishment may not be possible but at least shaming can done.

So we're back to shaming despite all the progress we made against false allegations and the havoc it caused for SSR?

If it's true, then let the investigation prove so. And you are right, people can be different in their personal and professional lives but predators usually have a pattern. And one woman comes out, there are usually a few others who chip in. Like Alok Nath- once Vinta Nanda spoke out about him so did Sandhya Mridul and many others. In Kashyap's case, all his actors and crew only speak of him with the highest regards. Crew members actually said on twitter that they are willing to take a beating for him but still stand by him, thats been their experience of working with him.

Baaki truth we dont know but kindly refrain from "shaming" anyone. We are not god nor are we the judiciary.

Edited by Sashay01 - 3 years ago
Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sashay01

So we're back to shaming despite all the progress we made against false allegations and the havoc it caused for SSR?

If it's true, then let the investigation prove so. And you are right, people can be different in their personal and professional lives but predators usually have a pattern. And one woman comes out, there are usually a few others who chip in. Like Alok Nath- once Vinta Nanda spoke out about him so did Sandhya Mridul and many others. In Kashyap's case, all his actors and crew only speak of him with the highest regards. Crew members actually said on twitter that they are willing to take a beating for him but still stand by him, thats been their experience of working with him.

Baaki truth we dont know but kindly refrain from "shaming" anyone. We are not god nor are we the judiciary.

It would have been great had you read properly what I wrote. I said if these allegations are true then punishment isn't possible, since there won't be any proof that is submissible in court. Hence at least exposing and shaming the culprit helps the past victims and potential new ones. 

Crew members can speak highly for various reasons and possible for vested interests too.

I didn't shame anyone, refrain from posting false comments.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

I didn't realised they separated in 2014

Kashyap was trying for anushka Sharma ðŸ˜†

Bakugo thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Kashyap was trying for anushka Sharma ðŸ˜†

What? They appeared on kwk together and at that time Anu was already dating Virat. Plus Kashyap was having a hard time dealing with his divorce 

zaroonkashaf thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This shit reminds me slightly of what has happened to the me too movement when it comes to the current election cycle in the US. Biden was accussed of sexual assault by someone, the woman had legit told several people about it, there are videos out there of Biden being a creep yet there are plenty within the Democratic party who still support him. There is also another section of the Democratic party that felt that all this exposed their own duality as they had one take when it comes to Trump and another take when it came to Biden with regards the same issue. 

Can people for once stop looking at this through a political lens. There are plenty on the left who are capable of being sexual predators. Anurag was out there defending Tarun Tejpal a few years back. He literally sat on a complaint by his own employee for two damn years. These are all things that are in the public domain. Who are these people who are making him some sort of a flagbearer of woman empowerment. Just because he made a few movies where women have been given great material to work with, it somehow automatically means he ain't capable of being a creep or sexually assaulting someone? If that's the criteria here then the me too movement would have never taken off to begin with considering plenty of the men who were accused were artists and so many of them were left leaning. 

His exes' comments or the folks who have good things to say about working with him have no relevance here as plenty of men are capable of that kind of duality. Hell it is one of the reasons why it takes women sometimes years to come out and tell their stories because instead of the man being questioned, the fingers would be raised on the woman to prove her story. 

My comment is again not about the veracity of these claims. It goes without saying that any false complaint only ends up hurting the movement. I'm only talking about the lens so many are looking at this from. This notion that men who come across as progressives can't be creeps. Or this notion that Anurag is some staunch feminist. Maybe some of these people who are writing these essays should also look at the story that was done on Phantom a few years back. Maybe they should also look at how Anurag defended Tarun Tejpal a few years back. 

Sashay01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zaroonkashaf

This shit reminds me slightly of what has happened to the me too movement when it comes to the current election cycle in the US. Biden was accussed of sexual assault by someone, the woman had legit told several people about it, there are videos out there of Biden being a creep yet there are plenty within the Democratic party who still support him. There is also another section of the Democratic party that felt that all this exposed their own duality as they had one take when it comes to Trump and another take when it came to Biden with regards the same issue. 

Can people for once stop looking at this through a political lens. There are plenty on the left who are capable of being sexual predators. Anurag was out there defending Tarun Tejpal a few years back. He literally sat on a complaint by his own employee for two damn years. These are all things that are in the public domain. Who are these people who are making him some sort of a flagbearer of woman empowerment. Just because he made a few movies where women have been given great material to work with, it somehow automatically means he ain't capable of being a creep or sexually assaulting someone? If that's the criteria here then the me too movement would have never taken off to begin with considering plenty of the men who were accused were artists and so many of them were left leaning. 

His exes' comments or the folks who have good things to say about working with him have no relevance here as plenty of men are capable of that kind of duality. Hell it is one of the reasons why it takes women sometimes years to come out and tell their stories because instead of the man being questioned, the fingers would be raised on the woman to prove her story. 

My comment is again not about the veracity of these claims. It goes without saying that any false complaint only ends up hurting the movement. I'm only talking about the lens so many are looking at this from. This notion that men who come across as progressives can't be creeps. Or this notion that Anurag is some staunch feminist. Maybe some of these people who are writing these essays should also look at the story that was done on Phantom a few years back. Maybe they should also look at how Anurag defended Tarun Tejpal a few years back. 

I'm aware of all the stories that you mentioned. Still doesnt prove a fig against him. And only a fool would discount the context in which these allegations were made aka threats from Ravi Kishan and consistent ones from the ruling party. In case you dont remember- lots of progressive voices WERE in fact falsely accused in 2018- such a Varun Grover and Rohan Joshi- and all of them were proven wrong and politically motivated. FACT- it does and HAS happened in India. This is not a case involving Weinstein and Ronan Farrow where information was revealed after conducting lengthy and independent investigations. This is still he said/she said till proven otherwise. And the accuser even dragged other women- Richa and Huma into it- what sort of show of sisterhood was that exactly and to prove what. 

Sorry. I am a feminist and respect the Me Too movement but I refuse to  hold another kangaroo court. His opinion on something SEVEN years ago- which may have changed in light of more information or change of views- does not prove that he is guilty. What a ridiculous claim to make.

Edited by Sashay01 - 3 years ago
zaroonkashaf thumbnail

I'm aware of all the stories that you mentioned. Still doesnt prove a fig against him. And only a fool would discount the context in which these allegations were made aka threats from Ravi Kishan and consistent ones from the ruling party. In case you dont remember- lots of progressive voices WERE in fact falsely accused in 2018- such a Varun Grover and Rohan Joshi- and all of them were proven wrong and politically motivated. FACT- it does and HAS happened in India. This is not a case involving Weinstein and Ronan Farrow where information was revealed after conducting lengthy and independent investigations. This is still he said/she said till proven otherwise. And the accuser even dragged other women- Richa and Huma into it- what sort of show of sisterhood was that exactly and to prove what. 

Sorry. I am a feminist and respect the Me Too movement but I refuse to  hold another kangaroo court. His opinion on something SEVEN years ago- which may have changed in light of more information or change of views- does not prove that he is guilty. What a ridiculous claim to make.

Rohan Joshi wasn't accussed of anything, firstly. AIB as an organisation was called out considering many came forward with their own takes on how it was being run. Tanmay Bhatt who leads AIB was called out specifically as he was aware of the charges against one of the people yet did nothing. Khamba was called out by his own ex. 

Now coming to Varun Grover, please read his response. He didn't try to tarnish whoever accused him. He just provided proof from his side. 

I'm not even sure if you got my point. My whole point was how people are looking at this from a political lens and you kind of proved it. I wasn't even commenting on the veracity of the particular claim. I was talking about the lens people are looking at this from. 

How can someone brush aside Anurag's past takes while simultaneously talking about how pro women he's. What even. He defended Tejpal despite the fact that the testimony of the journalist who accused him was out there in public domain. He almost pointed fingers at the journalist herself. He sat on a complaint by someone from his own production house for two damn years. His past takes don't matter but his exes statements matter? What kind of a preposterous defense is that. Phantom was called out for the misogyny that was rampant in it. How is this not relevant but other things that paint him as some staunch feminist are. 

I'm left leaning. I'm also aware of how the movement itself can be diluted as a result of false complaints. But if opinion on something as sensitive as a cause like this is now going to be based on what someone's politics is then we are doing a huge disservice to the movement. Also please read about the plethora of stories that came out in the aftermath of the investigation done by Ronan. So many were called out despite no investigations as such and at the time I remember every complaint was taken seriously, whether there was an investigation into it or not.

Edited by zaroonkashaf - 3 years ago
Sashay01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zaroonkashaf

Rohan Joshi wasn't accussed of anything, firstly. AIB as an organisation was called out considering many came forward with their own takes on how it was being run. Tanmay Bhatt who leads AIB was called out specifically as he was aware of the charges against one of the people yet did nothing. Khamba was called out by his own ex. 

Now coming to Varun Grover, please read his response. He didn't try to tarnish whoever accused him. He just provided proof from his side. 

I'm not even sure if you got my point. My whole point was how people are looking at this from a political lens and you kind of proved it. I wasn't even commenting on the veracity of the particular claim. I was talking about the lens people are looking at this from. 

How can someone brush aside Anurag's past takes while simultaneously talking about how pro women he's. What even. He defend Tejpal despite the fact that the testimony of the journalist who accussed him was out there in public domain. He almost pointed fingers at the journalist herself. He sat on a complaint by someone from his own production house for two damn years. His past takes don't matter but his exes statements matter? What kind of preposterous defense is that. Phantom was called out for the misogyny that was rampant in it. How is this not relevant but other things that paint him as some staunch feminist are. 

I'm left leaning. I'm also aware of how the movement itself can be diluted as a result of false complaints. But if opinion on something as sensitive as a cause like this are now going to be based on what someone's politics is then we are doing a huge disservice to the movement. Also please read about the plethora of stories that came out in the aftermath of the investigation done by Ronan. So many were called out despite no investigations as such and at the time I remember every complaint was taken seriously, whether there was an investigation into or not.

4 quick things :

1) Rohan Joshi WAS called out independently, much before AIB was, please look it up. So was Varun.

2) I m not sure how the 'lens' is  the key thing here- what matters is the culpability of the person. 

3) I appreciate your overall point- but sorry- right now we are operating in unchartered waters with mobs carrying pitchforks and torches to burn to the ground for anyone who disagrees politically with the regime. And your very premise that this 'case will be a disservice to the movement'- why should anything be believed based off of someone's unverified claims. I would argue that letting even a single case go unexamined and unverified would be a disservice to the credibility of the movement. All those plethora of cases emerging after Weinstein were thoroughly investigated by the companies/bodies concerned DESPITE the social media conversations, INCLUDING Weinstein himself. 

4)The MeToo movement has grown and evolved considerably since 2017 and there is a considerable consensus from TimesUp to other women in the western film industry that cancel culture alone caNNOT and should NOT be the answer in an age on bullying and trolling. How can anyone disagree with that? We are eventually fighting for DUE process, not a parallel process. Every single one of the people writing these 'essays' that you have a problem with- are also careful NOT to say that the woman is lying but they are well within their rights to relay their experiences with Kashyap as working, professional women who have interacted with them, without negating Payal's.

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Poor girl is being used as a political tool. They are trying hard to silence a good man. 

zaroonkashaf thumbnail

4 quick things :

1) Rohan Joshi WAS called out independently, much before AIB was, please look it up. So was Varun.

2) I m not sure how the 'lens' is  the key thing here- what matters is the culpability of the person. 

3) I appreciate your overall point- but sorry- right now we are operating in unchartered waters with mobs carrying pitchforks and torches to burn to the ground for anyone who disagrees politically with the regime. And your very premise that this 'case will be a disservice to the movement'- why should anything be believed based off of someone's unverified claims. I would argue that letting even a single case go unexamined and unverified would be a disservice to the credibility of the movement. All those plethora of cases emerging after Weinstein were thoroughly investigated by the companies/bodies concerned DESPITE the social media conversations, INCLUDING Weinstein himself. 

4)The MeToo movement has grown and evolved considerably since 2017 and there is a considerable consensus from TimesUp to other women in the western film industry that cancel culture alone caNNOT and should NOT be the answer in an age on bullying and trolling. How can anyone disagree with that? We are eventually fighting for DUE process, not a parallel process. Every single one of the people writing these 'essays' that you have a problem with- are also careful NOT to say that the woman is lying but they are well within their rights to relay their experiences with Kashyap as working, professional women who have interacted with them, without negating Payal's.

I did look it up. Are you talking about the reddit post here that was later retracted? I also addressed what Varun stated with regards to his response.

How is lens not a factor here. Plenty of people who are coming in defense of Anurga are doing so precsiely because he has been speaking against the fascist forces. Some of them are indeed looking at this from a political lens. That is precisely why I even raised the point that the lens shouldn't matter because just because you are out there speaking on causes that are considered progressive, doesn't mean you aren't capable of conduct that is contradictory to that.

Who even stated the veracity of the claim doesn't matter. I literally stated any false complaint hurts the movement itself. But if people have made up their minds as soon  as allegations are made against someone they dig or whose politics they dig then that is a huge disservice to the movement. I have seen takes on Twitter where this woman in question was being called attention seeking merely minutes after she made her complaint public. What if the same accusation was made about someome who was a favorite of the current regime? Would some of us be as generous as we are being with Anurag. I'm more than aware of what the current climate is. I'm more than aware of how people are being lynched ever since this current government came into power. I'm more than aware also of how problematic this industry is when it comes to their own collective approach towards this regime . Having said that, I also know that plenty are purely looking at this from a left or right lens which is why I even stated my opinion on it from that perspective. 

Nobody is cancelling Anurag. I was merely calling out the hypocrisy of those who are out there defending him based on the basis of what some of his exes have said or some who work with him have stated. If that is the criteria here then you can not brush aside those takes as well where you get a glimpse into his past conduct and how misogynistic he's capable of being. 

Edited by zaroonkashaf - 3 years ago