Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

Yes compared, Ranveer is acting like Bajirao, while Ayushmann is acting like how Ayushmann would act if he was a police inspector.

Unpopular opinion but Ayushmann actually pulled down Article 15 for me to an extent. I missed an actor who would have brought gravitas to the character . Ajay Devgan in Gangajal like. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Ranveer Singh is a good actor and I find him attractive. 

Though most find his OTT personality annoying, I think that he is extremely fun and entertaining to watch (especially compared to his snore-fest contemporaries). He was the best thing about Padmavat and completely overshadowed the other two bore-fests.  

Candid video of him kicking all his competitors in the butt ðŸ˜†

Edited by FingerFetish - 3 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

Unpopular opinion but Ayushmann actually pulled down Article 15 for me to an extent. I missed an actor who would have brought gravitas to the character . Ajay Devgan in Gangajal like. 

The hero of the movie was the story, Ayushmann just happened to be the main character.

Ayushmann suffers from the Akki and Tapsee syndrome, their emoting, getting the feel of the environment and dailogue delivery (Akki is weak here compared to the other two) is good. But they don't have variations, exceptions are there, but mostly they are same. And I think reason is doing too many movies back to back. They are not bad actors, infact they are good, just not versatile.

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

When the chap first started out, I rooted for him for his passion and dedication to acting. As time went by, his mannerisms bordered towards someone who is an attention seeker. That put me off. Ranveer Singh is intolerable to me now. It's become so bad that I can't even sit through an interview of his. 

I believe he is sincere in his performances but his off screen persona overpowers what he displays on screen.

P.S. His energy is infectious but just in the capacity of me witnessing it on film.

Edited by UmeraTariq - 3 years ago
ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

He is a fine actor. I personally never found him good looking ( in fact I thought he is one of the most average looking heroes in recent times) His ott and extroverted personality helped him create a unique image and having a good PR was cherry on top. I still think he wouldn't have been half as successful if not for SLB and Deepika. 

forza thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Nothing, average actor who is overrated but better than Ranbir 

Though he was decent in Guly Boy 

starstruckk thumbnail

I think the problem with Bollywood is there is currently a lot of mediocrity. In other words, we end up choosing the best out of the worst. I used to like Ranveer a lot, but over time I have lost interest in him. I won't say he's a bad actor, but now that I look back, I feel he just stood out more than some of his peers?...which doesn't mean a whole lot. With that said..currently, I don't think he's  as great as he's made out to be. A lot of his hype is PR generated..

Sorein thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Absolutely nothing special about him. He most likely bought his awards, his reputation and audience. My bad, I almost forgot that he actually has 0 pull and the audience never goes to the theatre to watch him perform - his movies are bankable thanks to the actress (Deepika namely) or the director. He may have even coerced some of the directors and his current wife to pick him. 

He is so unremarkable that there isn’t a month on IF where he isn’t pitted against another actor in the infamous redundant X vs Ranveer threads you’re so famous for Minty. An unremarkable benchmark...that’s quite special in itself.

QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Don't know about his acting but his off screen personality is very annoying and REPULSIVE.Who the f wears clothes like that?An eye sore.

CuttingChai thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Granted, he changes his look for different characters he plays and takes on different roles. But does he do full justice to those roles? NO.

1. He tends to overact and ham a lot.- Have you seen Lootere?

2. He has repetitive mannerisms which means he is one-note as an actor. No way , Ayushman is one note actor.

3. His acting is also not as outrageously great as people make of it, I find it overrated, distorted, over-the-top with no depth and at times under-cooked!  

What's so special about him?

Best part about being Ranveer is he is choosing different kind of roles and has the luxury to do so. His Ram is different from Bajirao is different from Khilji. All these roles are from same director. He has gems like Lootere, BBB ,DDD.. Havent watched Gullyboy but he did excel in the role.  The ease with which he fits into a modern rich guy, historical characters, rural character, massy character(like Simba), poor rapper, Cricketer etc gives him an advantage.