Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Yes it will happen. 

Him, ranbir, and varun will be big in the years to come. That’s my opinion. I don’t think they can replace khans, but I see these three making it.

although tiger brings in numbers, I feel like he lacks sustainability into his 40’s and 50’s. He’s not good looking imo, and will have competition with younger actors for the action stuff he does. He doesn’t have an innate charm/personality that the other actors have

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago
framesandechoes thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I agree. Content is what drives success for most part. And also movies and actors are more accessible now because of social media. Was not the case earlier 

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

He's already been around for 10 years and he hasn't even come close to what SRK and Salman did in their first decade. The "future superstar" thing is very long in the teeth now for both Ranveer and Ranbir. 

yes on Lala Land he can..

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

No simple because I don’t think he can “lead the way” like the other superstars in past

He’s a follower not a leader

The three khans, ab snr all are dynamic with leadership qualities ....they became alphas because they could lead , take risks, take additional responsibilities of making the film happen other than act in it

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

He isn’t competing with the Khans though and the definition of the superstar keeps on evolving from generation to generation. Ranveer is definitely on the top of his game right now and leading Bollywood from the front. If not for this pandemic, he would be already riding on 2 more blockbusters by now for all we know. I wouldn’t write off Ranveer/Ranbir just as yet. As much as Khans were great, the writing on the stone that they will eventually become obsolete just like their predecessors cannot be changed, and its up to the current lot to take the industry ahead.

Edited by Aanandaa - 3 years ago
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I don't think any current gen star will have the same popularity as the 3 khans, the new gen have gained popularity in their own way. 

Plus audiences and cinema have evolved, this is the generation of social media, so its not going to be the same as it was with the khans, and it doesn't have to be. Current gen stars like ranveer and ranbir are doing well, they have gained a good fanbase and are doing good and entertaining movies.

Things shouldn't be compared to the previous gen because its never going to be the same, things constantly change, the future gen will be different to the current gen 

Edited by zara321 - 3 years ago
pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Givemyaccount

No.

Because the time of the 40-50cr opening are not coming back

even though he is talented, he just lack the charm. People are not going gaga over him because he is special but because he is a talented clown

Plus his “power couple” with Deepika. Tho, I wonder once her time is up in Bollywood. are they going to remain together or is he going to dump her for an up and coming one.

But if you ask his delusional fans, they already think he is a super super super star. His last movie opened less than Tiger. Does that mean Tiger is a bigger superstar?

Which fandom is not delusional ?  There are many so called self claimed and fandom claimed superstars ...who never crossed basic 100 cr country wide collection or even a measly 10 cr opening  , which even regional stars do it so easily. 

pali001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MujheMaarjaneDo

He can create PR of that kind, just like SRK created PR of him being level above other Khans and in same level as Dilip and AB Sr.

Sab PR ka khel hain.

This . Ranveer's PR is efficient . So is Deepika's . One claims to be next superstar , other claims to have given life and direction to Ranveer.

In any case Ranveer has better box office records than Deepika . But hr fandom calls her superstar...where are the numbers ?

pali001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

No simple because I don’t think he can “lead the way” like the other superstars in past

He’s a follower not a leader

The three khans, ab snr all are dynamic with leadership qualities ....they became alphas because they could lead , take risks, take additional responsibilities of making the film happen other than act in it

True ! Audience also changed . Back then audience knew nothing . Now , audience seems to know better stuff out there thats available than filmmakers/actors. 

Back then stars and star movies were like ...take u to magical place. Now, even middle class also travelled foreign countries and access to great movies via OTT.

The reverence for stars has gone , most fandoms are PR machinary ... Look at Deepika ...if she truly has the fans her PR claims then her box office collections should put Sridevi's and Madhuri's Box office to shame.

The last 2 actresses whose stardom converted to tangiable Box office collections were Sridevi and Madhuri .