Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: anjs

okay...maybe nowadays they are strict for vegetarians........but i have heard a lot of stories of my vegetarian friends going abroad and ordering vegetarian items only to find some or the other non-veg ingredients used in it.......

vegan is more vegetarian friendly as now vegetarians can order vegan stuff and be assured that its pure vegetarian.....

Over a period of time, especially with the influx of a lot of Asians, the awareness about the vegetarianism has definitely improved....And now with Vegan being the latest thing, almost everybody knows about it...Even if it is to make fun of those who are following it! 

galaxyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

So she is a pescatarian not a vegan...

I sometimes wonder how these journalists get their job. 

So misinformed and ignorant.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: anjs

okay...maybe nowadays they are strict for vegetarians........but i have heard a lot of stories of my vegetarian friends going abroad and ordering vegetarian items only to find some or the other non-veg ingredients used in it.......

vegan is more vegetarian friendly as now vegetarians can order vegan stuff and be assured that its pure vegetarian.....

Things are changing now but fish eaters used to call themselves vegetarians even chicken..l

They used to give ‘sexiest vegetarian’ award to celebrities who’re vegetarian, one winner said I eat fish couple of times a week that’s all 😆

Don’t know if things have changed or not

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Things have changed now as veganism has become hip and trendy. The white vegans are even more careful than Indians about what is in their food. But I do think it's restricted to big cities like NY and LA. If you go out into the boonies like Idaho or Iowa, people will still give you fish and think that's okay for a vegetarian. 

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fish eating Vegan? Billi hain kya? 😒

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: galaxyfan

So she is a pescatarian not a vegan...

I sometimes wonder how these journalists get their job. 

So misinformed and ignorant.

Nowadays it’s occupied by the most low IQ and laziest people on the planet with no moral compass whatsoever 

It’s scary that they are the ones that shape public opinion

TotalBetty thumbnail

Veganism itself is a Western concept, isn’t it? 

Relatively new for mankind, could be unhealthy for some if they’re not taking proper supplements

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Things are changing now but fish eaters used to call themselves vegetarians even chicken..l

They used to give ‘sexiest vegetarian’ award to celebrities who’re vegetarian, one winner said I eat fish couple of times a week that’s all 😆

Don’t know if things have changed or not

Alia.

galaxyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Nowadays it’s occupied by the most low IQ and laziest people on the planet with no moral compass whatsoever 

It’s scary that they are the ones that shape public opinion

This is why I always say do not rely on new channels and articles as your only form of newsfeed. 

Actually research it and become an informed citizen.

Edited by galaxyfan - 3 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail

Oh I forgot, those awards are given in India too nowadays 

I was talking about musician Kevin Eubanks (he worked for Jay Leno)

I think he won 2005 award... 

Edit: Is Alia a fish eating vegan?

Edited by BettyA1 - 3 years ago