Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

The thing is straight young to middle aged(15-40) men(majority film going audience) audience don't care about old men, because we aren't attracted to them. But we do need a reason of attraction in commercial movies, which is beautiful young women, hence we are okay with oldies men paired with younger ladies. It is not we have anything against oldies ladies, just that majority of us aren't attracted to them, yes some have fetishes, but there number is low. So when a maker makes a commercial movie, he/she can't risk losing the audience's interest, so he isn't willing to cast ladies who aren't young, popular and attractive.

So that it is, you may call it misogynist, regressive or MCP behaviour, but for us it is simple case of attraction.

Would we mind seeing, an older lady paired opposite an older man in a relevant story? No, we won't mind it.

But would we be interested in their romance or having crush on the likes of Neena Gupta? No.

FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

Originally posted by: M0DERATOR

I am surprised how some people who call out actors for being paired opposite younger actresses are cheering for her statement. Because it is just another end of the extreme. 

OT: I don't mind nor Hrithik or srk would if there is proper script. 

umm no.. because she isn't 20 years older than these geriatric "heartthrobs" .. she is around the same age .. and no matter how many tacky faded distressed jeans these men wear to appear young, they look their age...

Edited by Doodh_Ki_Dhuli - 4 years ago
FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

I didn't know character artistes also have A-list B-list πŸ˜† 

star kids are rated A listers/B listers etc apparently.. apparently SRK's kids are A listers according to his fans and every other star kids are beneath them..

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

The thing is straight young to middle aged(15-40) men(majority film going audience) audience don't care about old men, because we aren't attracted to them. But we do need a reason of attraction in commercial movies, which is beautiful young women, hence we are okay with oldies men paired with younger ladies. It is not we have anything against oldies ladies, just that majority of us aren't attracted to them, yes some have fetishes, but there number is low. So when a maker makes a commercial movie, he/she can't risk losing the audience's interest, so he isn't willing to cast ladies who aren't young, popular and attractive.

So that it is, you may call it misogynist, regressive or MCP behaviour, but for us it is simple case of attraction.

Would we mind seeing, an older lady paired opposite an older man in a relevant story? No, we won't mind it.

But would we be interested in their romance or having crush on the likes of Neena Gupta? No.

This is true. Even in movies where you want to pair a character of Neena's age, the makers would rather cast Madhuri, Manisha, or Juhi as opposed to Neena. That's the nature of the beast.

Let's say there's a film where a 45-year old Hrithik romances a 55-year-old woman, wouldn't the makers prefer Madhuri? It's a case of attractive presentation. If a 55-year-old SRK is looking for a mature romance with another woman in her 50s, Madhuri or Manisha would be more appropriate because they were leading actresses of their times.

In movies where old actors are cast opposite younger women, it's not like Nana Patekar is romancing Katrina. It's Salman or Akshay or SRK with younger women. Salman, Akshay, and SRK are bonafide stars and have been accepted by the audiences, so even if it's a bit weird to see Salman opposite Disha, it's not as weird as seeing Neena opposite Varun. Now, if it's Madhuri opposite Varun, that would be slightly more acceptable.

I think it is what it is.

What we lack is mature romances where SRK could be cast with his contemporaries, or Salman, or Akshay. It's not about making a social statement. It's about business dynamics.

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Wishful thinking. What she is suggesting is no better than what the oldies have been doing since ages.

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaayaOfKaaya

Let's say there's a film where a 45-year old Hrithik romances a 55-year-old woman, wouldn't the makers prefer Madhuri? It's a case of attractive presentation. If a 55-year-old SRK is looking for a mature romance with another woman in her 50s, Madhuri or Manisha would be more appropriate because they were leading actresses of their times.

To be exact, there's a mere 6,5 years' difference in age between Madhuri and Hrithik. That's how they looked together last year:

https://twitter.com/madhuridixitx/status/1148101258529529858

Also, neither of the "bona fide" male stars even look good enough to romance twenty-something or thirty-something women, and SRK and Salman's recent films either flopped or underperformed at the box office, so, yeah, it is what it is - ageism coupled with misogyny. 

Edited by dedh - 4 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

Forget age for a second. Nina Gupta is just a B-list supporting actor, someone who didn't have a job and was asking for work on the internet just 2 or 3 years ago. 

Lol really show me πŸ€£

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SaayaOfKaaya

This is true. Even in movies where you want to pair a character of Neena's age, the makers would rather cast Madhuri, Manisha, or Juhi as opposed to Neena. That's the nature of the beast.

In movies where old actors are cast opposite younger women, it's not like Nana Patekar is romancing Katrina. It's Salman or Akshay or SRK with younger women. Salman, Akshay, and SRK are bonafide stars and have been accepted by the audiences, so even if it's a bit weird to see Salman opposite Disha, it's not as weird as seeing Neena opposite Varun. Now, if it's Madhuri opposite Varun, that would be slightly more acceptable.

I think it is what it is.

What we lack is mature romances where SRK could be cast with his contemporaries, or Salman, or Akshay. It's not about making a social statement. It's about business dynamics.

agree, even if they make a reverse Cheeni Cum, I would prefer A Dimple Kapadia or Rekha opposite Ranveer/Ranbir, than Neena Gupta.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

agree, even if they make a reverse Cheeni Cum, I would prefer A Dimple Kapadia or Rekha opposite Ranveer/Ranbir, than Neena Gupta.

I think she just wants attention πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

opposite srk is not something she should be asking for. Last I heard he ran away from Bollywood in shame and moved to mars πŸ€£πŸ€£

πŸ€ͺπŸ€£πŸ‘πŸΌ