Mushfika_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Rohit has always been one of those men in the world of fiction that I would probably look for in my real life. Every time he had stood by his sona, every time he spoke up for his wife, every time he had supported her with any and all kinds of decision, every fiber of his being that had loved this woman for her selflessness, every part of him that had been concerned about her well being,every inch of respect he had showered her with (rightfully so) and every sense of pride he felt for being the life partner of a lady as loving, rational and sensible as Sonakshi - I have loved him. 

Today's episode took away MANY of those emotions I felt for him and I don't know when I will get it back. but this post is not about my rant about how he had publicly insulted his wife. Rather, it is about  how sonakshi SHOULD have reacted to such humiliation. Any woman with self respect would take a while to let how her own husband made a mockery of her love sink  in,  she would feel betrayed emotionally for being made fun of in front of the entire fandom and media (which is a significant part of her life), she would be hurt to such extent that it would leave her broken, she would be upset with her husband, her entire being would question all those promises he had once made to never make her cry, she would question his love for her, and most importantly, she would question all those times he had said he trusts her more than he trusts himself. 

I was thoroughly shocked that she only looked in the eyes of her husband, said "this is my work place and you have no right to do this over here, but i still love you a lot and so i forgive you" . woah! I honestly love her for her selflessness but i can't respect her for lacking some self-respect to such magnitude. What Rohit did to her was inexplicably wrong and regardless of how much you love someone, if it comes to the point of having your self respect at stake, you do NOT go after him and say i forgive you because i love you. After the auction fiasco, she should have detached herself both emotionally and physically  for a while if not for good. The lack of response, sensitivity and love would have done a great job into making Rohit realize his mistake without saying a single word. THAT would give her true power as a woman. yes she might be selfless and generous when it comes to loving and caring for people but once it crosses a certain line, it is time to stop.

It is high time that the creative team look at such factors with much more sensitivity because this show has been a true gem from the beginning when emotions was concerned. it is their USP. KHKT would deal with feelings, friendship, bonds, and emotional attachment so realistically that audience were able to connect with the characters instantly and quite precisely. Today was a major drawback for me with sonakshi's instant forgiveness. 

Honestly, it is a show and it is OKAY that the lead character is not being so rational with his actions and words. He's no angel and it happens (not supporting rohit by any means) however, forgetting the thin line between self respect and selflessness is something that's WAY big of a deal esp in a show where the female lead is shown to be a superwoman. it promotes sexism in some way. 

I truly hope a guilt track followed by a significant repentant track is shown in the upcoming episode where sonakshi is shown to emotionally withdraw herself  from the sippy's esp rohit  to balance the storyline.  

Also, since we are talking about guilt and repentance, let me promote (🤣) my recent One-Shot I had written on how I think a woman like sonakshi should behave when she's been humiliated by the very person she has loved with all her being,  and that what i mean when I said one shouldn't stop loving but one shouldn't give in either. 

Here's the link: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5148455

Edited by Mushfika_01 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VARUNI2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mushfika_01

Rohit has always been one of those men in the world of fiction that I would probably look for in my real life. Every time he had stood by his sona, every time he spoke up for his wife, every time he had supported her with any and all kinds of decision, every fiber of his being that had loved this woman for her selflessness, every part of him that had been concerned about her well being,every inch of respect he had showered her with (rightfully so) and every sense of pride he felt for being the life partner of a lady as loving, rational and sensible as Sonakshi - I have loved him. 

Today's episode took away MANY of those emotions I felt for him and I don't know when I will get it back. but this post is not about my rant about how he had publicly insulted his wife. Rather, it is about  how sonakshi SHOULD have reacted to such humiliation. Any woman with self respect would take a while to let how her own husband made a mockery of her love sink  in,  she would feel betrayed emotionally for being made fun of in front of the entire fandom and media (which is a significant part of her life), she would be hurt to such extent that it would leave her broken, she would be upset with her husband, her entire being would question all those promises he had once made to never make her cry, she would question his love for her, and most importantly, she would question all those times he had said he trusts her more than he trusts himself. 

I was thoroughly shocked that she only looked in the eyes of her husband, said "this is my work place and you have no right to do this over here, but i still love you a lot and so i forgive you" . woah! I honestly love her for her selflessness but i can't respect her for lacking some self-respect to such magnitude. What Rohit did to her was inexplicably wrong and regardless of how much you love someone, if it comes to the point of having your self respect at stake, you do NOT go after him and say i forgive you because i love you. After the auction fiasco, she should have detached herself both emotionally and physically  for a while if not for good. The lack of response, sensitivity and love would have done a great job into making Rohit realize his mistake without saying a single word. THAT would give her true power as a woman. yes she might be selfless and generous when it comes to loving and caring for people but once it crosses a certain line, knows it is time to stop.

It is high time that the creative team look at such factors with much more sensitivity because this show has been a true gem from the beginning when emotions was concerned. it is there USP. KHKT would deal with feelings, friendship, bonds, and emotional attachment o realistically that audience were able to connect with the characters quite precisely. Today was a major drawback for me with sonakshi's instant forgiveness. 

Honestly, it is a show and it is OKAY that the lead character is not being so rational with his actions and words. He's no angel and it happens (not supporting rohit by any means) however, forgetting the thin line between self respect and selflessness is something that's WAY big of a deal esp in a show where the female lead is shown to be a superwoman. it promotes sexism in some way. 

I truly hope a guilt track followed by a significant repentant track is shown in the upcoming episode where sonakshi is shown to emotionally withdraw herself  from the sippy's esp rohit  to balance the storyline.  

👏yrs utter lack of self respect .how could she forgive him .that I can't fathom 

That too in shower scene she reacted willingly .that I can't forgive .again he humiliated her there also .

She utterly lacks self respect 

To prove her self not guilty and so she stays in sippy mansion agreed but she should stay detached from Rohit .a min self respect woman would do that .agree with u 

But I can't take Rohit public act so simply as that lacking rationale .it's much more than that. He crossed all limits

No matter what u can't take it to public 

I can't imagine my hubby talking about me badly in front of huge public .simply I can't .that's the lowest lowest point of a  relationship .

It's equivalent to EMA and cheating 

Edited by VARUNI2014 - 4 years ago
Mushfika_01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: VARUNI2014

That too in shower scene she reacted willingly .that I can't forgive .again he humiliated her there also .

To prove her self not guilty and so she stays in sippy mansion agreed but she should stay detached from Rohit .a min self respect woman would do that .agree with u 

But I can't take Rohit public act so simply as that lacking rationale .it's much more than that. He crossed all limits

I can't imagine my hubby talking about me badly in front of huge public .simply I can't .that's the lowest lowest point of a  relationship .

Exactly! No matter how hurt you are, you have no right to push someone under the bus with the personal stuff she had once trusted you with. That makes you stoop to such a low level that it becomes hard to gain that very trust no matter how much you repent. 

And That shower scene - I could feel absolutely NOTHING in that hug. To me, It had no meaning! Period.

freakybat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Rohit had done a grave mistake  by publically insulting sona... but  what difference does it make between sonakshi and rohit if she had bashed him right in front of others...  but what I felt makers should have shown her putting rohit in his place in private... rather than hugging  him in the shower only to be insulted again by him...

Mushfika_01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: freakybat

Rohit had done a grave mistake  by publically insulting sona... but  what difference does it make between sonakshi and rohit if she had bashed him right in front of others...  but what I felt makers should have shown her putting rohit in his place in private... rather than hugging  him in the shower only to be insulted again by him...

Hey! I'm sorry I think you got the message wrong. I probably wasn't clear but I didn't say sonakshi should publicly insult Rohit. As a matter of fact, I never even said that she should insult him. I said she should detach herself from him for a while emotionally AND physically so that Rohit realizes his mistake without having sona point even  a finger  at him or saying harsh words. It is the least one with an ounce of self respect could do  :) 

Edited by Mushfika_01 - 4 years ago
Blackwind thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Totally agree with u....I think the crowd consisted of her fans also...n we all know what fans means to an actor n humiliation in front of them is the worse they can ever imagine.

freakybat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mushfika_01

Hey! I'm sorry I think you got the message wrong. I probably wasn't clear but I didn't say sonakshi should publicly insult Rohit. As a matter of fact, I never even said that she should insult him. I said she should detach herself from him for a while emotionally AND physically so that Rohit realizes his mistake without having sona point even  a finger  at him or saying harsh words. It is the least one with an ounce of self respect could do  :) 

Sorry I didn't mean it that why... what i said the makers have done right by making sonakshi  handle the situation the right why... what I felt was the shower scence was not apt for the situation.. she should have given him a silent treatment  like the one she gave during the new year party..

2TheMoonAndBack thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Very rightly said Mushfika

You know st this point I feel like Rohit's character has been ruined beyond repair. But you know what bother me is how they always show the female character to be the most forgiving and selfless. Why can't it be the other way around? Why can't they write the story in such a way so that the male lead can make sacrifices, male lead can get to the bottom of the issue, male lead to be forgiving? Why always sonakshi? That's another sign how this tv industry is sexist. 

Originally posted by: freakybat

Sorry I didn't mean it that why... what i said the makers have done right by making sonakshi  handle the situation the right why... what I felt was the shower scence was not apt for the situation.. she should have given him a silent treatment  like the one she gave during the new year party..

I agree. In my opinion that shower scene was a completely unnecessary scene and didn't go well with the track at all. Rohit I understand. He's still in denial that sonakshi could do all that. He keeps going back and forth on his emotions and love. But what bothered me was how sonakshi smiled the moment rohit said ur so beautiful. Like wow is that all it took for her to melt away?! 

Originally posted by: VARUNI2014

@underline : I would leave him right there and then if something like that was to ever happen to me. That's the height of tolerance. If my husband can make me feel so low in front of my colleagues, media and fandom, he can get  to any low level and it's better to let him go at that point.