Mardaani 2 villain Vishal Jethwa: Even if I am forever associated with

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

In an exclusive interview with Zoom Digital, Mardaani 2 villain Vishal Jethwa opened up about the accolades he has received for his brilliant performance and why he isn't scared of getting typecast.

Vishal Jethwa, Mardaani 2 Mardaani 2 villain Vishal Jethwa on receiving good reviews

Key Highlights

• In an exclusive interview with Zoom Digital, Vishal Jethwa, the villain of Mardaani 2
  • Vishal Jethwa reveals that even if he gets typecast and people forever associate him with this character, he will have no regrets
  • He also expressed happiness that till date he hasn't read a single negative review as far as his performance is concerned

Rani Mukerji starrer Mardaani 2, a sequel to the 2014 hit Mardaani, received a positive response from the film critics and audiences alike. And is now on its way to become an even bigger success than its prequel. While Mardaani had collected Rs 35.82 crore in its lifetime run, Mardaani 2 has already collected Rs 23.65 crore in 5 days of its release.

The Rani Mukerji starrer marks the big-screen debut of Vishal Jethwa, who plays the main antagonist Sunny, a rapist as well as a murderer. The newcomer has been receiving a lot of acclaim for his performance and riding high on the success of the film and the appreciation he has received. His brilliant portrayal has left a deep impact on the mind of the moviegoers. We recently caught up with the young actor and asked if this character, that has given him all the love gets associated with him throughout his career. What if he is forever known as this rapist Sunny from Mardaani 2?

Vishal Jethwa exclusively told Zoom Digital,

I am ready for everything. Agar maine achcha kaam kiya hai toh main lifetime is cheez ka credit le loonga. Maine achcha kiya hai toh koi baat nahin. Meri jo acting quality, meri jo performance dikhi hai, mujhe kabhi nahin pata tha main perform jo karoonga woh screen pe itna nikhar ke aayega. Kisi ko bhi nahin pata tha. Aage bhi mujhe nahin pata hai. Meri andar aisi toh aur bhi kuch quality chupi hogi meri performance ki jo shayad maine nahin dekhi ho par jo casting directors hain woh dekhein. Unhein mere behaviour se, mujhe jaan ke, meri performance dekh ke samajh aaye ki, "Haan isko is character mein daal sakte hain aur yeh kar sakta hai." Jo ki shayad mujhe bhi nahin pata hoga. Kyunki is film mein maine jo perform kiya, mujhe bhi nahin pata tha ki main aisa kar paunga (laughs). Toh aage bhi shayad kuch aisi performances ho sakti hain ki yeh bhool ke...aur bhoolte bhi hain log yeh bhi possibility hai. I think aage kuch aisa intense character ya kuch alag hi isse totally ho aur shayad main alag se us character ko achche se justify kar pau jaise ismein hua hai. Toh shayad bhoolenge aur agar is naam ke saath bhi aage jaana pade toh koi gham nahin hai, kuch kharaab kaam nahin hai.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads

(I am ready for everything. If I have done something good, I have no issues in taking credit for that for life. Because I have done a good job, so it's fine if people forever associate me with this character. I didn't know I had it in me that I'll be able to deliver this kind of performance. Maybe some casting director will see it and will give me the opportunity to something different. So there is a possibility that I might deliver some performances like these which will make people forget this. And even if this character is stuck with me I will have no issues because I have given a good performance. )

He further added,

Logon ne bahut appreciation di hai aur itne logon ne di hai aise logon di hai critics ne di hai. Ab tak maine nahin suna ki kisi ne yeh kaha ki, "Isko is performance mein yeh karna tha" ya "Yahin pe bas ek jagah pe maar kha gaya". Aisa nahin hua. Toh yeh toh bahut positively loonga main isko aur confidence mere mein rahega iska hamesha. Abhi dekhiya main yeh film kar raha hoon toh log yeh likh rahe hain, "Vishal Jethwa, television actor from Maharana Pratap is now in Mardaani 2". Toh woh character bhi mere saath abhi bhi hai. Yeh character bhi aage shayad kuch karu toh aisi hi rahega.

(People have praised me a lot and I haven't heard a single negative response to my performance yet. So, I will take it positively and in my stride. I will always remain confident because of it. Now when I have done this movie, people are writing, "Vishal Jethwa, Television actor from Maharana Pratap in now in Mardaani 2". So people still associate that character with me, so if this will stay, it's alright.)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail

seems like a down to earth person đź‘Ź

1017676 thumbnail

And I will forever hype this guy as one of the best villainous role ever to be portrayed in BW. He was absolutely terrifying. Asutosh Rana had me terrified in Sangharsh and Dushman . So incredibly amazing for first movie.

https://youtu.be/wV0xEdZC8YE

He too used to lock himself in a room for 4-5 hrs to get the feel of the character. The work shows. Unlike few who just change the set and sleep walk and then go on to make fun of the “process”.

anjs thumbnail

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

And I will forever hype this guy as one of the best villainous role ever to be portrayed in BW. He was absolutely terrifying. Asutosh Rana had me terrified in Sangharsh and Dushman . So incredibly amazing for first movie.

https://youtu.be/wV0xEdZC8YE

He too used to lock himself in a room for 4-5 hrs to get the feel of the character. The work shows. Unlike few who just change the set and sleep walk and then go on to make fun of the “process”.

Exactly, the result shows, when the same person is unrecognizable in the roles.... its pity that people who cant do it, mock the ones who can..........but then it must be their way of hiding their flaws.........denying the fact that they don't have the talent to do so......

1017676 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

Exactly, the result shows, when the same person is unrecognizable in the roles.... its pity that people who cant do it, mock the ones who can..........but then it must be their way of hiding their flaws.........denying the fact that they don't have the talent to do so......

True.

Vishal played 10 characters within one film and it is commendable.

He goes from speaking normally and walking normally to limping within seconds . Changing the diction to body language and this is the just first 5 mins of the movie.

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The villain from the first movie was praised too. Really depends what kind of choices he makes afterward.

HaariBhai thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

He is too good, someone mentioned Ashutosh Rana in Sangharsh, he is definitely one of those scary characters that would stick

What role did he play in Maharana Pratap?