ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Na shakal, na acting, na nepotism, na brain.

How's he successful?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GumGum thumbnail

Sweet boy doing all the right things.

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Jhopadpatti ka siggie dekh key, the only word that comes to my mind is item. šŸ˜†

Aur rooster bhi hey.

Edited by 9SakthLaunda4 - 4 years ago
columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Kartik Aryan did around 4/5 films before SKTKS, all of them with Luv Rajan and pretty much the same female costar. What is surprising is his first movie with the same director and same female costar was on female empowerment, his female co Star did a fantastic job. His movie SKTKS is a complete misogynistic movie and went on to become 100 crores and then everything changes for him

This industry is such hero worship that they celebrate the hero of a 100 crore movie but ignore the female lead of the same movie. Some say, the movie SKT had some gay elements to it, in the sense, Kartik character is so obsessed with his friend, at some point, it could have been interpreted as him being ā€œin loveā€ with him and Kjo decided to propel him.

There is favoritism and bias in the industry, no doubt. 

Who knows?! I am of the opinion he is no great shakes and frankly is having his moment...but better things have happened to worse actors and worse to better actors - read Abhay Deol for latter.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Fantasy Force

good networking skill? and his infamous smile.

lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yeah itā€™s a bit weird. I dont think anyone thinks of him as some amazing actor but more like flavour of the season. Nushrat was equally as good (if not better) as him in PKP1/PKP2 and SKTKS and somehow he got all the credit. Also I think Sara happened to him. In the chakkar of trying to make a PR relationship, she somehow propelled him to ideal bf material, which is why he is in news for relationships as well though I doubt she could care less about him in real life.

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Thwayya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The new age Saif Ali Khan, well the early days Saif anyways. Don't know if he'll ever hit the Omkara peak Saif did but he'll do well in glossy romcoms like Hum Tum/Salaam Namaste.

Edited by Thwayya - 4 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

A true success story but with a punchable face. 

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Thwayya

The new age Saif Ali Khan, well the early days Saif anyways. Don't know if he'll ever hit the Omkara peak Saif did but he'll do well in glossy romcoms like Hum Tum/Salaam Namaste.

donā€™t get me wrong...no matter how elitist it sounds ..but if you looks at Saifā€™s career, even though it may have not had a plan, Saif is a guy who educates himself. Somehow I donā€™t get that vibe from Kartik. In fact the vibe I get is he is here for stardom and kind of will elbow himself to become a star..he chooses movies he gets which are all brushed by the same stroke, the ragged, scruffy look and very similar putting down the female gender stereotype of a hero, all these movies will do well becos whether we like it or not there is a HUGE audience for stories and heroes that put women down. 

The funny part is his is a story of 

ā€œLuck by chanceā€ 

Edited by columbia - 4 years ago