Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reshmi.parekh78 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: delena90

All mothers are not unselfish. One only has to open the newspaper to see how many mothers (and fathers) fail their children in the most awful ways. Whether that's marrying the children off with no consent, or differentiated upbringing for a boy and girl child, stopping a girl's education because "what more does she need to know other than cooking and looking pretty anyway", or forcing children to keep quiet about sexual assault because "log kya kahenge". 

Mothers are human at the end of the day too. Let us not glorify their role as it puts undue pressure on women to conform to some great "ideal". 

U are right ....mothers can be conservative ...orthodox ... selfish sometimes like kind of places you spoke abt where they don’t realise that...but it is just that they never showed Babita like that ever...she def was not the modern types ...she did shout at Mini for always being the gutsy girl or for being too bold....but she was too much in support of MINI aswell and they had shown her change with time ...like she takes karate lessons when she feels Mini is right abt being self dependent...independent ...or then abt her studying further or taking photography lessons...they have also shown her to be very caring towards Mini...not the selfish types who could marry her off to anyone ...infact she herself had gone thru that so that wud never had been in her mind ....she always kept Mini’s happiness over hers...there are so many episodes incidents I can recall...the only issue here is instead of showing the positive effect of second marriage they showed the negative impact 😀😀 ...

Originally posted by: harshu27

Wat i feel is paridhi mite hv raise her voice regarding hw her chrctr was having a dwnfall cz in 1 or 2 ivs recntly she hd shwn her displeasure indirectly plus recnt article she said dt she was nt happy wid d way her chrctr was shaping... so i guess wen she mite hv raised her opinion it mite hv hurt ph ego plus d fanz on twttr as well were crticising tagging ph for spoiling babes chrctr i guess dis dint go well wid d ph nd so to favr her beti dey reduced d leads rather axed dm cumpletely just to glorify mini mahaan nd go fr s2

is the director Mini’s father 😀

And is he himself so dumb that he can’t make out what is good and what is bad ...as in did they not get too much appreciation for this story ...acting of all main leads....overall Hatke theme ....I mean who would want to spoil something good made by him unless he is dumb ....Hello Mr director if u read this let me tell you you have spoilt it all...I wish u read this...I have seen a serial change due to low trps or bad storyline but first time I am seeing a change due to good Trps and good storyline ....u surely have an issue which u need to work on ....don’t think you could have found better actors or a better story but how to spoil it is what you showed us 

harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Reshmi.parekh78

is the director Mini’s father 😀

And is he himself so dumb that he can’t make out what is good and what is bad ...as in did they not get too much appreciation for this story ...acting of all main leads....overall Hatke theme ....I mean who would want to spoil something good made by him unless he is dumb ....Hello Mr director if u read this let me tell you you have spoilt it all...I wish u read this...I have seen a serial change due to low trps or bad storyline but first time I am seeing a change due to good Trps and good storyline ....u surely have an issue which u need to work on ....don’t think you could have found better actors or a better story but how to spoil it is what you showed us 

Lol i was being sarcastic here fr calling director mini's father he isnt bt since is been favord by d ph nd dirctr dt hs led to butchering of leads so i mentiond in dt sense...😆issue is nothing bt ego both d dirrctor nd d ph blockd d fans on twttr wen dey were gvng der feedbk on hw babita's chrctr was going fr a toss instd of mending it der ego gt srsly bruised nd dey blockd d fans bt to further harm it dey stooped so low dt dey hit d last block in destroying babita's chrctr completely...

KgirlLuvsD3 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

U are right ....mothers can be conservative ...orthodox ... selfish sometimes like kind of places you spoke abt where they don’t realise that...but it is just that they never showed Babita like that ever...she def was not the modern types ...she did shout at Mini for always being the gutsy girl or for being too bold....but she was too much in support of MINI aswell and they had shown her change with time ...like she takes karate lessons when she feels Mini is right abt being self dependent...independent ...or then abt her studying further or taking photography lessons...they have also shown her to be very caring towards Mini...not the selfish types who could marry her off to anyone ...infact she herself had gone thru that so that wud never had been in her mind ....she always kept Mini’s happiness over hers...there are so many episodes incidents I can recall...the only issue here is instead of showing the positive effect of second marriage they showed the negative impact 😀😀 ...

I honestly didn’t find the change in Babita’s character after marriage surprising at all. I guess in India divorce and second marriage are still uncommon so y’all aren’t aware of how horrible people can get. 

Literally my friend had kidney stones before our first year finals in university and was in the hospital in pain. His mother is a doctor, so his actual father and older sister got her to fly down some how. She literally just administered one medication and proceeded to go on a boat party with her friends in the area. He wrote all his exams, packed both their things, and she was drunk on the flight back. He told us after that after she remarried all she and her new husband care about are parties, social standing, and their one shared child. Both the mother and stepfather have kids from previous marriages but they literally don’t care. What Babita is doing is still relatively mild.

delena90 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I actually would disagree with that. I don't doubt for one second that Babita loves her daughter but from the very first episode they have showed the mother-daughter relationship as co-dependent (and I don't mean that in a good way). 

Babita's life has always been centred around her daughter, her in-laws, or what society thinks of her at any give moment. It is extremely unhealthy to make another person the sole purpose of your existence - which is what Babita has done with Mini. She also, for a brief period, did this with Ashok. Ashok had not been part of his daughter's life for years (to the point that he couldn't even remember how old she was) but Babita walked around with stars in her eyes for him. It took his cheating and her daughter's support for her to realize that the man was disgusting. Even during the divorce, the trauma was centred solely around Babita. Not once did it occur to her as a mother how being abandoned by a father would feel to a teenager. Mini being mature and smart doesn't stop her from being a child whose trust was broken. And in my opinion, very little was shown to address that aspect of the mother-daughter relationship. Good or bad a lot of this story has been about empowering Babita and not about Babita teaching her daughter to be empowered and independent and supporting those decisions that lend to that.

Second marriages are always tricky and the onus is on the parents to ensure that the child in the equation is always put first. Children did not ask to be born and they cannot be treated like an inconvenience or a nuisance to your new relationship. It certainly isn't an opportunity to throw them under the bus when they behave badly. Babita has done so on multiple occasions since she got married - the Mickey issue, the grandparents thing etc. 

Babita's behaviour doesn't make her unique or a terrible person. But it does make her selfish and close-minded. Acknowledging her own failings and encouraging her daughter to live a fulfilling and  an independent life would be a step in the right direction to put her relationship with her child back on track.  Respect is earned and not given and if she wants her child to respect her she can start with the basic step of respecting her daughter as an individual with agency to make decisions. As a mother she can counsel her on what she thinks is the right decision but to impose her will does not help her or her relationship. 

Originally posted by: harshu27

Lol i was being sarcastic here fr calling director mini's father he isnt bt since is been favord by d ph nd dirctr dt hs led to butchering of leads so i mentiond in dt sense...😆issue is nothing bt ego both d dirrctor nd d ph blockd d fans on twttr wen dey were gvng der feedbk on hw babita's chrctr was going fr a toss instd of mending it der ego gt srsly bruised nd dey blockd d fans bt to further harm it dey stooped so low dt dey hit d last block in destroying babita's chrctr completely...

Yes evn I was being sarcastic as the way serial is shaping up seems to be the case ...also my point is Babita should have discontinued long back as whatever episodes are being telecast everyone is criticising her ...and stressing on how she has ignored her daughter after marriage ...and her behaviour has not changed a bit ...she is going to get the best vamp award this season ...I think she should have quit the show long time ago ....

Originally posted by: KgirlLuvsD3

I honestly didn’t find the change in Babita’s character after marriage surprising at all. I guess in India divorce and second marriage are still uncommon so y’all aren’t aware of how horrible people can get. 

Literally my friend had kidney stones before our first year finals in university and was in the hospital in pain. His mother is a doctor, so his actual father and older sister got her to fly down some how. She literally just administered one medication and proceeded to go on a boat party with her friends in the area. He wrote all his exams, packed both their things, and she was drunk on the flight back. He told us after that after she remarried all she and her new husband care about are parties, social standing, and their one shared child. Both the mother and stepfather have kids from previous marriages but they literally don’t care. What Babita is doing is still relatively mild.

That could be one of few of the cases plus Babita’s character has changed completely 360 degrees .....as if it is some clone ...there are few Indrani Mukherjees right

Originally posted by: delena90

I actually would disagree with that. I don't doubt for one second that Babita loves her daughter but from the very first episode they have showed the mother-daughter relationship as co-dependent (and I don't mean that in a good way). 

Babita's life has always been centred around her daughter, her in-laws, or what society thinks of her at any give moment. It is extremely unhealthy to make another person the sole purpose of your existence - which is what Babita has done with Mini. She also, for a brief period, did this with Ashok. Ashok had not been part of his daughter's life for years (to the point that he couldn't even remember how old she was) but Babita walked around with stars in her eyes for him. It took his cheating and her daughter's support for her to realize that the man was disgusting. Even during the divorce, the trauma was centred solely around Babita. Not once did it occur to her as a mother how being abandoned by a father would feel to a teenager. Mini being mature and smart doesn't stop her from being a child whose trust was broken. And in my opinion, very little was shown to address that aspect of the mother-daughter relationship. Good or bad a lot of this story has been about empowering Babita and not about Babita teaching her daughter to be empowered and independent and supporting those decisions that lend to that.

Second marriages are always tricky and the onus is on the parents to ensure that the child in the equation is always put first. Children did not ask to be born and they cannot be treated like an inconvenience or a nuisance to your new relationship. It certainly isn't an opportunity to throw them under the bus when they behave badly. Babita has done so on multiple occasions since she got married - the Mickey issue, the grandparents thing etc. 

Babita's behaviour doesn't make her unique or a terrible person. But it does make her selfish and close-minded. Acknowledging her own failings and encouraging her daughter to live a fulfilling and  an independent life would be a step in the right direction to put her relationship with her child back on track.  Respect is earned and not given and if she wants her child to respect her she can start with the basic step of respecting her daughter as an individual with agency to make decisions. As a mother she can counsel her on what she thinks is the right decision but to impose her will does not help her or her relationship. 

The theory is not wrong...conservative parents can have their own different views and they should not impose on children..but .that is not the debate...debate is not on what a person should do or why a mother can’t be selfish ....debate is was Babita so heartless ...yes Babita was the focus earlier and she failed to understand what Mini was going thru but as a human being as a mother she was always shown to be caring....and loving...she loved her daughter beyond anything else ...yes she could not see her issues but then did they not show an episode where mini was dealing with depression to point that out ....the only issue is after that instead of showing Babita’s caring nature towards mini they suddenly emphasised on the love track which resulted in marriage which is perfectly fine but then they just ruined Babita’s character ...they made it worst ...she became a vamp and each episode focused on how she can stoop to a level below the previous one...I don’t recollect Babita ever wanting To get mini married Off quickly or having no value for her love for photography ...Babita always supported Mini in every way ...yes she had flaws and she could not understand sorrow Mini was going thru but while we waited for her to get matured there they just showed her selfish bad ...now everyone has started pointing out how bad Babita is as a parent ..they might show her realising her mistakes later but this change in Babita is just unrealistic 

harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Yes evn I was being sarcastic as the way serial is shaping up seems to be the case ...also my point is Babita should have discontinued long back as whatever episodes are being telecast everyone is criticising her ...and stressing on how she has ignored her daughter after marriage ...and her behaviour has not changed a bit ...she is going to get the best vamp award this season ...I think she should have quit the show long time ago ....

I think paridhi was being kind enuf to c if d ph would listen to her nd gv her wat she was promised bt i think ph was blinded fr her beti's luv nd favoritism fr ashnoor wen finally ph axed d chrctrs  ps decided to walk off widout shooting d last... i agree ps should hav waljd off long bk wen her chrctr hd strtd to degrade bt as i said may b ps wanted to gv d ph anthr chnce thinking dt ltr dey mite do justice wid her chrctr bt nothing dt sort of things happend...

jojaparijat thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Ok she left the show...was not known to me ...but then how are they telecasting these episodes as usually in daily soaps they just shoot 3 to 4 days episodes I feel ..whereas she was present in latest episodes aswell...is there any update on google ...but good if she did the same ...as they say Late Than Never 

no they do shoot atlst 15-20 days before telecast if they are not short of bank episodes if not it’s more.