Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

PB season 2 might even be good but because the bar was so high with season 1, this one is bound to seem lackluster, i.e. average (read just like any other show out there). 

The bar for the first season was high cuz they got both the script and casting right. 

Here, I was skeptical from the beginning about how they think they will make Ashnoor look 23 when she just doesn’t have her demeanor for it....and that’s exactly where the fundamental premise of this season falls flat 🤷‍♀️

Mini worked as a 17-18 year old character who had well written foils around her. Nobody tried to pretend she wasn’t a kid. That was acknowledged alongside whatever strength and maturity she showed at that age. And then Ofcourse there was HS with whom she had that unique connection to light up the show. 

Despite all the claims of a great new journey, the writers don’t seem to have written any new interesting characters....that Jazz is boring and could pass for Mini’s mom rather than her colleague. And Baaki holdovers from season 1 all look like they are just filling time 🤷‍♀️  Lol 

At this rate, packup may happen even faster than I expected 😆

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

The bar for the first season was high cuz they got both the script and casting right. 

Here, I was skeptical from the beginning about how they think they will make Ashnoor look 23 when she just doesn’t have her demeanor for it....and that’s exactly where the fundamental premise of this season falls flat 🤷‍♀️

Mini worked as a 17-18 year old character who had well written foils around her. Nobody tried to pretend she wasn’t a kid. That was acknowledged alongside whatever strength and maturity she showed at that age. And then Ofcourse there was HS with whom she had that unique connection to light up the show. 

Despite all the claims of a great new journey, the writers don’t seem to have written any new interesting characters....that Jazz is boring and could pass for Mini’s mom rather than her colleague. And Baaki holdovers from season 1 all look like they are just filling time 🤷‍♀️  Lol 

At this rate, packup may happen even faster than I expected 😆

well minis soulmate Mickey is also gone. Wonder how they are going to handle that considering they so much pressed on the soulmate deep friend angle. Are they getting a new guy for mini and make her romance. Idk how that going to look as mini dosent look 23 to me. They should have never taken the leap but just ended the story 1st season itself. It looks like a mess right now.

Roopb thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Link to the full drive, in case someone wants to bookmark all scenes in one place: 

Thank you🤗 for all the scenes 

Do you have all the episodes??? 

Edited by Roopb - 4 years ago
skotcher thumbnail

Yes. That's the one...no problem. Thank you.

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I'm not sure intermittent appearances would serve any purpose. The show is spiraling at this point. The new kid doesn't have the screen presence to carry the show along with Ashnoor.....she's no Nanhi jo ki chhoti age mein hi badaa patakha thi.  It also helped that the character of Nanhi was better written. 

This new kid has frankly turned out blahh in whatever few clips of the epis I stumbled upon. Upar se Mini ka character still looks and talks like a kid herself....koi difference hi nahin note ho raha despite the passage of time and a big tragedy.....so the story and execution is totally hollow at this point. 🥱

AD can keep popping up for intermittent FB scenes but I personally don't think it helps the story in anyway.  A final scene giving some closure to his equation with Mini would actually be worthwhile rather than these random intermittent scenes showing that he missed her......what's the point of those? They feel repetitive and dragged IMO. 

The supporting characters have all become a total drag as well....LOL@ NB in chashme now😆

Agreed👍🏼

and as I said, they would keep popping up HS and AD time and again coz how long can they sustain with the story of two sisters, there will be practically nothing once they would start to bond !

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeghnaGhosh

Agreed👍🏼

and as I said, they would keep popping up HS and AD time and again coz how long can they sustain with the story of two sisters, there will be practically nothing once they would start to bond !

The story of two sisters could have sustained if the basic premise of their conflict or bonding had any meat to it. And in this case it just doesn’t despite the complicated family baggage 🤷‍♀️

Baaki, as I said, the new kid doesn’t have the kind of screen presence to carry a story. She is no Nanhi. And Ashnoor doesn’t look believable as a 23 year old. The age gap is not convincing and makes the whole story fall flat. 

I suppose they will try to bring in new characters once the girls start to “bond” but I don’t think that will work either. It’s just a matter of time before this ends.

The original story and characters will be the only ones remembered, not this phase.